Car In the Shop 2, no, 3 Weeks, no 4 weeks, no 7 weeks For Warranty Repair - GOT HER BACK, Ford Customer Service is useless

. Not certain what I’m gonna do at this point.

These are starting to show up in my hood *shrugs*. Fugly ass wheels . . .

2020-porsche-taycan_100714579.jpg

Ford engineer drove another with the same noise, so now I’m stuck in a battle of fighting then to repair, or just taking the credit and moving on. Not certain what I’m gonna do at this point.
Damn.  I assume the "credit" is equivalent to going Lemon?  

-TJ

These are starting to show up in my hood *shrugs*. Fugly ass wheels . . .

NFW I’m spending that kind of coin on a giant RC car :biggrin:

Damn.  I assume the "credit" is equivalent to going Lemon?  

-TJ
As in they’ll refund me lost use and I keep on trucking. I won’t let them waive liability in consideration, that’s for sure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford engineer drove another with the same noise, so now I’m stuck in a battle of fighting then to repair, or just taking the credit and moving on. Not certain what I’m gonna do at this point.
So...  they're now claiming the noise is a new feature?

So...  they're now claiming the noise is a new feature?
Pretty much…

But they are offering to dynamat it. Lol

Apparently, greasing the mount makes it go away temporarily, which makes me want to talk them into swapping the mount. Again. 

Take that phugger to alumicraft and have them build a mount.  LOL 

I'll sell you my 2018...full BMR suspension, so no clunks, and it'll put busses on that 2020. Problem solved. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20210812_175534.jpg

Pretty much…

But they are offering to dynamat it. Lol

Apparently, greasing the mount makes it go away temporarily, which makes me want to talk them into swapping the mount. Again. 
Man that sucks! Well, I hope you don't back down.

Back in 1990 I had a Mustang GT and the local dealer wouldn't repaint a lousy paint job. I called the Ford 800 hotline and the Ford area rep. flew out to HI and had it fixed ASAP. Hopefully they do the same for you!

NFW I’m spending that kind of coin on a giant RC car :biggrin:

As in they’ll refund me lost use and I keep on trucking. I won’t let them waive liability in consideration, that’s for sure. 
But I assume you have to sign something saying you won't go for Lemon down the road? 

-TJ

I'll sell you my 2018...full BMR suspension, so no clunks, and it'll put busses on that 2020. Problem solved. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

View attachment 11853
Looks like it doesn’t like to turn… :biggrin:

Man that sucks! Well, I hope you don't back down.

Back in 1990 I had a Mustang GT and the local dealer wouldn't repaint a lousy paint job. I called the Ford 800 hotline and the Ford area rep. flew out to HI and had it fixed ASAP. Hopefully they do the same for you!
Ford Engineer is the one who made the call on “normal”

But I assume you have to sign something saying you won't go for Lemon down the road? 

-TJ
Not signing that then and fighting. 

I'm in the process of lemon lawing my 2019 F150. It's got 28k on it and at each 5-6K when I took it in for service I showed them that it was wearing the tires funky. @ 11k they replaced the tires(under warranty as they claimed them to be defective) and did an alignment. @ 16k they aligned it again, @ 22k still no joy so they did it a 3rd time and they're still wearing funky on the front. Just took it in @ 27k and this time they misaligned it :lol:  it's more effed than ever and so the process started. It pulls, float all over and tracks in to every crevice on the road, oh and now the steering wheel is turneed to the right about an hour... but hey, these guys are "certified mechanics" :doh:  

almost forgot, it's had an open recall for cam phasers since March of this year and when I took it in to be fixed they said For told us not to touch them because the fix makes the issue worse. I called Ford Motors and they told me to go trade it in for a new one. Oh NO! :bird:

wow. ford sucks dudes at truck stations don't they?

I'd be mad too.

I'm in the process of lemon lawing my 2019 F150. It's got 28k on it and at each 5-6K when I took it in for service I showed them that it was wearing the tires funky. @ 11k they replaced the tires(under warranty as they claimed them to be defective) and did an alignment. @ 16k they aligned it again, @ 22k still no joy so they did it a 3rd time and they're still wearing funky on the front. Just took it in @ 27k and this time they misaligned it :lol:  it's more effed than ever and so the process started. It pulls, float all over and tracks in to every crevice on the road, oh and now the steering wheel is turneed to the right about an hour... but hey, these guys are "certified mechanics" :doh:  

almost forgot, it's had an open recall for cam phasers since March of this year and when I took it in to be fixed they said For told us not to touch them because the fix makes the issue worse. I called Ford Motors and they told me to go trade it in for a new one. Oh NO! :bird:
They said trade, then trade. As in, straight across, right? 

They said trade, then trade. As in, straight across, right? 
Haha, no she said go talk to the sales manager at the dealership and trade in for new... then O lose all my money from the down to the payments... eff them

Haha, no she said go talk to the sales manager at the dealership and trade in for new... then O lose all my money from the down to the payments... eff them
They try every worst case scenario to steer you away from lemon lawing it. 

I'm kind of going through the same thing...

My truck is at the dealer for something that they have no idea what is causing the issue.

It throws no codes, but It felt like my whole drive-train was gonna fall apart it was shaking so bad!

The only thing they have determined is that the motor and trans are perfect.

:dunno:

Good technicians in a dealership today are  hard to find. Most in the dealerships have been taught to look no further then the computer screen. If not told what is wrong they can't find it. We as the public who purchase these new hi-tech vehicles are at there mercy with warranty repair items. When they do find the issue, warranty will pay them little for there time and work. From what I see, most, if not all the good repair techs are in independent shops where they can earn a living relying on there knowledge to actually repair stuff.

After reading all (4) pages here. I've come to the conclusion to not ever buy a FORD again. I owned 3 different super duty's all for towing purposes. All (3) were nothing but problems. NEVER EVER again. 

Yeah, no.  Safety issue (suspension/tires), 3 fixes.  Pretty much dead ringer for lemon replacement.

Problem is...  When will they replace it?  Current lead times are 6-9 months if you're BUYING.  Replacing? Yeah, we'll get to you when we get to you sir.  If you want your money back, what're you gonna buy?  Everything's stupid expensive right now...

Back