Car In the Shop 2, no, 3 Weeks, no 4 weeks, no 7 weeks For Warranty Repair - GOT HER BACK, Ford Customer Service is useless

These are starting to show up in my hood *shrugs*. Fugly ass wheels . . .

My neighbor is a Porsche service manager.  He brought that car home for a few days.  He said it is stupid fast.  

Haha, no she said go talk to the sales manager at the dealership and trade in for new... then O lose all my money from the down to the payments... eff them
Do what my buddy did when he traded in his Dodge that they couldn't get fixed to his liking.  Drove across the street and picked up a Chevy drove back the the Dodge dealership went into the parts counter and asked for one of there another happy Dodge customer license plate frames. Was walking out the door when the service manager saw him and was glad to see he was satisfied with his truck finally.  He wasn't to happy to see him putting it on the competitors truck in his parking lot.

Yeah, no.  Safety issue (suspension/tires), 3 fixes.  Pretty much dead ringer for lemon replacement.

Problem is...  When will they replace it?  Current lead times are 6-9 months if you're BUYING.  Replacing? Yeah, we'll get to you when we get to you sir.  If you want your money back, what're you gonna buy?  Everything's stupid expensive right now...
Don't want another one, I just want my effing money back... they're trying to pull the "the alignment and tires are only under warranty for 12mo or 12K" bullCrap, my saving grace is that I've complained and it's been logged every time plus they've already put a set of tires on it. I'm done and unfortunately after being die hard since birth, may be done with Ford all together now.

Don't want another one, I just want my effing money back... they're trying to pull the "the alignment and tires are only under warranty for 12mo or 12K" bullCrap, my saving grace is that I've complained and it's been logged every time plus they've already put a set of tires on it. I'm done and unfortunately after being die hard since birth, may be done with Ford all together now.
Sell it to them, I am willing to bet they will buy it back and for more than you might think.  Toyota made the GF's son a pretty decent offer for his truck yesterday. The dealerships are hurting for inventory and are buying lots of stuff.  Thats why with Rockwoods car they are flirting with the buy back/ trade in. They can do that with a buy back but a lemon ed car they cannot.  The last thing they want right now is to loose a car from the lot. There is a New Car dealer here that has maybe 4 cars on the lot.  It looks like it's closed but it is not, but I think they will be soon 

My neighbor is a Porsche service manager.  He brought that car home for a few days.  He said it is stupid fast.  

I hear you. Either way, first log was under warranty and subsequent fixes haven’t resolved it. Should be easy to argue. 

Turn noisy boys down=turn fine. Turn noisy boys up=no turn so good. 

View attachment 11940
Noisy boys? Lol. Those are mufflers

Was basing this on the drag radials and steepish suspension rake on McStruts. :biggrin:

Turn fine isn’t good enough.  I bought the car because Ford finally figured how to make a car handle great. :biggrin:

Whats your best time/trap? That thing probably scoots 

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot: talked to the Service Director and Lead Tech who's been working on it.  Very cool dude.  His take was that basically the upper mounts just can't handle the shock at low speed and you end up with noises.  He did diagnose a creak in the interior somewhere that he's chasing down now as a consolation prize, but there is no fix with OEM Mustang GT parts with the Performance Package's shocks.  My choice is either live with the noise (dynamat on the towers to help) or replace with aftermarket.  

Forgot: talked to the Service Director and Lead Tech who's been working on it.  Very cool dude.  His take was that basically the upper mounts just can't handle the shock at low speed and you end up with noises.  He did diagnose a creak in the interior somewhere that he's chasing down now as a consolation prize, but there is no fix with OEM Mustang GT parts with the Performance Package's shocks.  My choice is either live with the noise (dynamat on the towers to help) or replace with aftermarket.  
Well now, that sounds like one of them 'Isolated Incidents'! I apologize but that is not covered by warranty, but we are offering you a one-time, non-precedent-setting sales policy adjustment. 

Well now, that sounds like one of them 'Isolated Incidents'! I apologize but that is not covered by warranty, but we are offering you a one-time, non-precedent-setting sales policy adjustment. 
You silver-tongued devil.  This Eskimo would like to buy some ice.

You silver-tongued devil.  This Eskimo would like to buy some ice.
I sold a new crane to a customer, and within 6 months, one of his boom sections cracked. Warranty covered the repair. 18 months later, the new boom section cracked. The factory said it was Out Of Warranty, but they would cover the repair on this 'Isolated Incident'. It cracked a third time, and the customer took it elsewhere for repair. They of course, have to buy the parts from me... and now, it is back here, because, you guessed it, a cracked boom. A different section this time. 

And the factory is still referring to the 4 separate repairs as 'Isolated Incidents'. And and this great land, this model of crane has has many of the same Incidents. Luckily, they have all been Isolated. Don't they think distributors talk to one another? 

I sold a new crane to a customer, and within 6 months, one of his boom sections cracked. Warranty covered the repair. 18 months later, the new boom section cracked. The factory said it was Out Of Warranty, but they would cover the repair on this 'Isolated Incident'. It cracked a third time, and the customer took it elsewhere for repair. They of course, have to buy the parts from me... and now, it is back here, because, you guessed it, a cracked boom. A different section this time. 

And the factory is still referring to the 4 separate repairs as 'Isolated Incidents'. And and this great land, this model of crane has has many of the same Incidents. Luckily, they have all been Isolated. Don't they think distributors talk to one another? 
Covered under warranty for the original repair I take it? 

Covered under warranty for the original repair I take it? 
Nope. Isolated. Incident. Only the first was warranty, the second was sales policy adjustment. Non-precedent setting policy adjustment. 

I'm only pointing this out because you think it's very funny in the Speed UTV thread, but...

maybe this is a single shear problem.

Time to lighten the mood a little.   :lol:

Sooooo, yours is the first, more to come, the only? Sounds like they will see more of this if in fact it's there performance shock. Why not try another of the same to see if it works on your car?

Sooooo, yours is the first, more to come, the only? Sounds like they will see more of this if in fact it's there performance shock. Why not try another of the same to see if it works on your car?
They replaced the mount 3x, and also put new shocks on it. Test drove a new PP GT (hehe), same noise. Tech confirmed it, and didn’t seem to be a guy who would bullshikaka people. 

Based on your experience of when the noise occurs, what do you think is causing it? A shock mount? A brace, or bushing?

I'm just thinking, the Ford engineer may or may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, or he may just be suffering from too much "in the box" thinking - ie. the solution is a factory part, but what if the upper shock mount threaded portion is just a touch too long and even though it's torqued to spec., it's still allowing enough slop in the bushings to make a clunking noise as it loads/unloads. That's just a "what if" - I have no idea what the shock mount looks like, but if there's a little slop somewhere and the addition of a couple of washers not in the drawings can take out the slop and clunk - problem solved by you, probably quite a bit sharper at problem solving than he is.

For yrs my GT was having alternator overheating problems until I was told by a retail parts guy that the factory connector was too short, causing all of the overheating and fires. Once he gave me the longer connector, the problem was solved permanently. But the factory engineers are the ones who selected a connector that was 1/4" too short and barely made contact.

If it were me, I'd get whatever written/monetary concessions I could get out of them, then T/S and fix it myself. Hell, if it turns out to be 2 washers fixes it, market it as the "rear suspension repair kit" and sell it on Ebay for $25 a pop!

:thumb:

is there a tower support you can add to help with the deflection or whatever is moving? We use to do that in the Accord sedan's to help stiffen the roll on the car. Something like this? https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&vehicleid=24&maincatid=117&catid=499

Back