Car In the Shop 2, no, 3 Weeks, no 4 weeks, no 7 weeks For Warranty Repair - GOT HER BACK, Ford Customer Service is useless

I've gotten to that point now, and told the customer service rep that I would be obtaining an attorney.  They were apologetic, but there's nothing they can do.

Penske offered to help, but said they wouldn't be able to get more than a 1 month payment credit based on prior results.  They also said they would repair the damage, but based on the work their body shop has done so far, I am certain I won't be happy with the repair.  They understood and really the only way to get compensation for the permanent damage done during this process is through Ford.  Penske can only attempt to fix, but we're talking tearing the entire corner of the car apart to accomplish.  NFW I'm letting them do that.
I would call the attorney and see what they say.  Consultations on lemon law stuff is free. 

I would call the attorney and see what they say.  Consultations on lemon law stuff is free. 
Yep, called a couple.  Got a couple of surprised "WTF" type responses from people who see this chit all day every day. 

Which is why I'm surprised that Ford is digging in: it's obvious there's no way out of this one.

Yep, called a couple.  Got a couple of surprised "WTF" type responses from people who see this chit all day every day. 

Which is why I'm surprised that Ford is digging in: it's obvious there's no way out of this one.
Natural response from big auto is to say no.  

BTW, reading the repair bill: 8 engineers came by to look at a problem they authorized 37 hours to repair...

That's "normal".  LOL

Look for anything on their paperwork that admits fault. If they actually put that it still makes noise, you have a slam dunk.

I dealt with a lemon Silverado and had to take it back 5 times (after retaining an atty) before there was some verbiage the atty could sink his teeth on. My truck had piston slap and caused the motor to misfire. You could open the doors and the truck looked like it was flapping wings like a bird. (Shaking side to side) . Another guy tried to use a piece of paper on the tailpipe to prove it wasn't a misfire. He was proved wrong. He said the paper would "pop" if it was misfiring. It did.. lol. One time I picked the truck up and drove it right back into the service dept . I was banned from that dealer. Hahaha 

All those times the paperwork always said " could not duplicate problem" (didn't always do it) or "working per design".  It was the last time they put "could not find source of shaking" that sealed the deal. 

I think most people don't have the patience to go through the whole process so dealers take their chances you'll give up. Bean counters ruined the world!😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for anything on their paperwork that admits fault. If they actually put that it still makes noise, you have a slam dunk.

I dealt with a lemon Silverado and had to take it back 5 times (after retaining an atty) before there was some verbiage the atty could sink his teeth on. My truck had piston slap and caused the motor to misfire. You could open the doors and the truck looked like it was flapping wings like a bird. (Shaking side to side) . Another guy tried to use a piece of paper on the tailpipe to prove it wasn't a misfire. He was proved wrong. He said the paper would "pop" if it was misfiring. It did.. lol. One time I picked the truck up and drove it right back into the service dept . I was banned from that dealer. Hahaha 

All those times the paperwork always said " could not duplicate problem" (didn't always do it) or "working per design".  It was the last time they put "could not find source of shaking" that sealed the deal. 

I think most people don't have the patience to go through the whole process so dealers take their chances you'll give up. Bean counters ruined the world!😁
Last line of the repair bill says "noise diminished". :biggrin:

Welp.  Credit is on the way, dealer roger'd up and repaired secondary damage through a 3rd party.  Overall, not terrible.

Not great, but makes me think twice every time I'm gonna bring a car in.

Back