Car In the Shop 2, no, 3 Weeks, no 4 weeks, no 7 weeks For Warranty Repair - GOT HER BACK, Ford Customer Service is useless

At least twice.  Daily spraying of odor killers has finally gotten it to be not offensive when you get in in the morning.

The stank did save me a lot of injury: someone ran the bajeezus out of a stop sign on a blind corner.  Had the windows been up, I wouldn't have heard them coming.
see, it was all done out of love. Donate yore Mustang to cars for kids. You know the song. 

Yore welcome.

All of them.
76914909.jpg

see, it was all done out of love. Donate yore Mustang to cars for kids. You know the song. 

Yore welcome.
@WLD_OTZ Why you hate kids?

Everyone knows there is nothing that ca get the stank off a Ford.

13 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Sure there is.  Gasoline fires.

This is cruel and unusual.

Good thing I am not the .gov then!

Ford's ears must've been burning: got a call from their rep, who isn't getting a call back from the Service Advisor at Penske either.  LOL

Supposed to get a call back tomorrow on this, laid the groundwork for some sort of credit as well.

Ford's ears must've been burning: got a call from their rep, who isn't getting a call back from the Service Advisor at Penske either.  LOL

Supposed to get a call back tomorrow on this, laid the groundwork for some sort of credit as well.
It truly is all about the CSI. 

My friend was just telling me about a weird knock his mom had in a 2020 mustang that ford couldn't find. Ended up being a loose balance plate on the driveshaft or axle

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend was just telling me about a weird knock his mom had in a 2020 mustang that ford couldn't find. Ended up being a loose balance plate on the driveshaft or axle
Tech removed the shock and the noise goes away (also flipped sides to confirm it's not the shock), so assuming it's not that unless some weird Crap going on :biggrin:

Tech removed the shock and the noise goes away (also flipped sides to confirm it's not the shock), so assuming it's not that unless some weird Crap going on :biggrin:
Broken or missing spot welds were shock mount to body? Possible metal "oil caning" at shock mount.

Broken or missing spot welds were shock mount to body? Possible metal "oil caning" at shock mount.
What I suspect. Service director said possible quarterpanel removal, which I hope not…

@Snap-On Chris

Assembling my “LS”… Check out this factory GM oil pan bolt hole delete :biggrin:

30F3CEB4-8BE1-44DE-A136-4A15A93AEA40.jpeg

🤦‍♂️

I keep thinking there is a pivot point or suspension link that is causing the clunk. Maybe an oblong hole, defective bushing. I’d be shocked if it was a body issue, but anything is possible. 

It would be hard for a dealership to justify, but if it was in my garage I’d probably tear the whole rear suspension out, inspect, see what the bolt & bushing tolerances are. You can tighten a bolt as much as you want but if there is a few thousands slop in the bushing boss, it can cause a clunk as the weight is loaded and unloaded over bumps. Then reassemble to see what happens. Maybe even replace some of the cheaper links on that side. 

Back