All new 2024 canam x3

:makerain:  Sign and drive...it's just like a Trophy Truck...you can hit 4' whoops at ludicrous speed while drinking your Earle Grey tea and not spill a drop!

Can Am Maverick R, AKA "SPEED-KILLER"

:bag:

How are paddles going to fit in the rear? Spaced outboard more than normal? 

Looks like it actually has ground clearance at full bump this time around.

I don’t think that’s going to be a problem. The factory has serious offsets and the paddle tires and wheels only have a 5” offset.  
With the fronts, I'd try to keep the offset as close to the upright as reasonable to take advantage of the geometry.

Rears? Meh, space it out.  There's a difference, but not a huge amount.

This is the @TheLatinLover Edition with Limp Wrist suspension upgrade!

:bag:

@Poule might like this if the arms come in Black!

:lmao:

View attachment 78233
dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

35” BFG clearance and looks halfway decent with the aftermarket cage

View attachment 78235

View attachment 78236
They definitely used a different offset wheel, look how far the tire is from the knuckle, I wonder if that was a necessity to run a 35? In one of the videos, a guy cant even fit his finger between it and the stock tire, This looks like 3" of clearance.

They definitely used a different offset wheel, look how far the tire is from the knuckle, I wonder if that was a necessity to run a 35? In one of the videos, a guy cant even fit his finger between it and the stock tire, This looks like 3" of clearance.
Noticed the same.  Curious how the 35 fits on the stock wheel.

Noticed the same.  Curious how the 35 fits on the stock wheel.
My guess is they don't. When they said it fit a BFG 35, this might be how. And now the scrub radius has changed, which was one of the reasons they did this.

My guess is they don't. When they said it fit a BFG 35, this might be how. And now the scrub radius has changed, which was one of the reasons they did this.
Maybe.  It looks like it can easily go in at least a  couple of inches, which would put the upper ball joint about on the centerline and the steering axis outside the centerline.  

2 lines are the same size:

image.png

Which matches up with the mold split on the center of the tire.  My guess is they wanted to pretty it up with those wheels and ended up with whatever available offset they got.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wheel is narrower than the stock can am wheel and that is why there is more clearance on the sidewalk.  

Those forged wheel are usually 5” wide wheels.   

Don't forget a 35" BFG measure roughly 33.5", not going to be able to run another brand's 35" tires.  Not good for sponsored drivers.

Back