All new 2024 canam x3

You should look at nearly every Honda front strut assembly since the mid 80s.  Wishbone comes to mind....
Yep. I brought that example up when the Pro R came out, and was told that you can’t take a principle from a road car and engineer it for your offroad vehicle. Acolytes of Speed predicted mass failures within seconds of getting mildly dusty and SxSs would crash into busloads of nuns by the day. 

LOTD even tried to say it wasn’t double shear, which we know is one of Robby’s 10 Commandments he brought down from Mount SxS. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first SxS that gets me excited.  No belt and stays planted.

New Maverick is looking good so far.   I have a friend that will be going out with Can Am for a test ride day in a few weeks. Can't wait to hear his impressions.   

Justin Smith at Shock Therapy does a good breakdown of the suspension on the Maverick R

I really want too see one up close and take Cheffs for a spin..LOL

On 8/27/2023 at 10:51 AM, Sand Shark said:

Justin Smith at Shock Therapy does a good breakdown of the suspension on the Maverick R

:col:

For the ugly suspension crowd:

View attachment 78768
Everybody pick on the Canned ham Ugly suspension but says nothing about how the Speed looks like they bumped into the wall and smashed  the front   of the mold plug in and said "screw it and made the body mold anyway ... Speed car is nice - front looks like a Pug . The Canned Ham looks like it has Pterodactyl hands though 

image.jpeg

Everybody pick on the Canned ham Ugly suspension but says nothing about how the Speed looks like they bumped into the wall and smashed  the front   of the mold plug in and said "screw it and made the body mold anyway ... Speed car is nice - front looks like a Pug . The Canned Ham looks like it has Pterodactyl hands though 

View attachment 78799

Is that good or bad? Peace

The more videos of the new Can Am that get posted the more impressive the suspension gets.  I think people will get over the looks really quick.  No more using the frame as a bump stop.  No crazy track width change at full droop.  Car looks planted. 

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwiEUK7MPTs/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
People are so focused on the Front end (which I think looks like it handles everything great)...how about no belt?  240hp, no belt and better suspension.................this is truly a game changer.

People are so focused on the Front end (which I think looks like it handles everything great)...how about no belt?  240hp, no belt and better suspension.................this is truly a game changer.
The DCT is a huge improvement.   I think the Can Am set up is better than what Honda did with the DCT for the Talon. 

Can Am has certainly raised the bar in the sport UTV segment.   

The DCT is a huge improvement.   I think the Can Am set up is better than what Honda did with the DCT for the Talon. 

Hell, the 7 year old X3 stood up decently in Chupacabra's comparo between the Speed and Pro R without price as a consideration....  

If the DCT holds up - true game changer at that power level - others will have to follow including Speed.   

Back