All new 2024 canam x3

And six lug.
Six lug was an interesting choice.  5 lug and the same pattern as the Pro R would of made life easier for the wheel manufacturers.  They said it is a common bolt pattern found on trucks.  

Six lug was an interesting choice.  5 lug and the same pattern as the Pro R would of made life easier for the wheel manufacturers.  They said it is a common bolt pattern found on trucks.  
White wagon wheels would look badazz on that Edsel!

So that is a maybe?  LMAO!!!!!

When Andy gets his we can all looked it over and see how it performs. 
I am sure it will perform great.  Just not sure the unconventional front end is worth whatever gain in handling that they obtained.  They guys that think the aftermarket can make a kit to change the front end really crack me up.  Only way to make a kit that worked would require moving the pivot point on the frame.  That would be one hell of a kit, lol.

I am sure it will perform great.  Just not sure the unconventional front end is worth whatever gain in handling that they obtained.  They guys that think the aftermarket can make a kit to change the front end really crack me up.  Only way to make a kit that worked would require moving the pivot point on the frame.  That would be one hell of a kit, lol.
If it performs like they claim it will be worth getting use to the look of the front suspension.   

Has there been any videos of the car hammering through the whoops? If I remember the Pro R was supposed to be the latest and greatest design. And those front tire’s went in all kinds of direction throughout the cycle.  

The geometry isn’t unconventional in regular automotive. This is obviously beefed waaay up (despite lower curb weights and spring rates), but it’s been around for a bit now. You just don’t see it since there are fenders covering everything. 

Tacoma, but with less over the tire since the front wheels are rarely driven with traction:

image.jpeg

Nissan GTR, which has its upper steering axis farther over the tire because the fronts are driven nearly full time:

image.png

Audi AWD S products:

image.png

You can see Audi spent profit on multiple upper ball joints to move the virtual point even farther over the tire. OEs don’t spent $$$ for nothing. 

Yes, these are road going parts. You’d be a complete dumbass to bolt them to an offroad vehicle, but Can Am took the principles and beefed the fawk out of them for offroad use. Since Can Am is less worried about plastic fenders covering things, they went buck wild with it, packaging be damned.

I’m sure John Q will find spots that need improving for their specific use and the aftermarket will fill those gaps, but the overall geometry and design principle is well established and probably won’t need to be remedied. We just don’t see it with (relatively) small offroad teams and build to order manufacturers. Maybe they will adopt it. Maybe they won’t. Either way, teams of dynamics engineers with dataloggers and specially calibrated butts tested it for probably a year before we got to see it, it’s been vetted. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any videos of the car hammering through the whoops? If I remember the Pro R was supposed to be the latest and greatest design. And those front tire’s went in all kinds of direction throughout the cycle.  
Have not seen a front view of it going through whoops.   If the design works as advertised the tires deflecting all over in the X3 videos should be very minimal in the new Maverick.    

Videos and real world use will happen fast....when do these hit the dealer showrooms or when do the aftermarket and bloggers get theirs?

Have not seen a front view of it going through whoops.   If the design works as advertised the tires deflecting all over in the X3 videos should be very minimal in the new Maverick.    

Very beginning of this guy has a jump into a minor whoop section then another jump.  Another at 3:21, 8:40, 9:15, 9:40 (this one is near dead-on and probably the best view and is followed by a close-up of the FR suspension), etc. Play it back at 0.25x speed (settings, playback speed) and judge for yourself.  I didn't see any lateral tire shake.  You can see the driver's hands/steering wheel in the 9:40 clip, and I don't see much input either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Videos and real world use will happen fast....when do these hit the dealer showrooms or when do the aftermarket and bloggers get theirs?
Friend said Dustin Jones is racing one at the BITD  Silver State race in September.   I am guessing they will start showing up at dealers be the end of next month, if not sooner.  

Can Am is doing the big dealer and racer propaganda this week in Vegas...............I think

Should see a lot of videos and racer comments by the weekend.

62k is a big number for a SxS.  Especially when it feels like the toy market it getting soft again.  Polaris has leftover '22 Pro R's that they can't sell and they are discounting $4000-5000 off sticker and giving 1.49%.  That alone says alot.......

62k is a big number for a SxS.  Especially when it feels like the toy market it getting soft again.  Polaris has leftover '22 Pro R's that they can't sell and they are discounting $4000-5000 off sticker and giving 1.49%.  That alone says alot.......
62K is if you bought every accessory they offer for the top model.

The MSRP for the top model is just under $45K. 

The geometry isn’t unconventional in regular automotive. This is obviously beefed waaay up (despite lower curb weights and spring rates), but it’s been around for a bit now. You just don’t see it since there are fenders covering everything. 

Tacoma, but with less over the tire since the front wheels are rarely driven with traction:

View attachment 78140

Nissan GTR, which has its upper steering axis farther over the tire because the fronts are driven nearly full time:

View attachment 78143

Audi AWD S products:

View attachment 78146

You can see Audi spent profit on multiple upper ball joints to move the virtual point even farther over the tire. OEs don’t spent $$$ for nothing. 

Yes, these are road going parts. You’d be a complete dumbass to bolt them to an offroad vehicle, but Can Am took the principles and beefed the fawk out of them for offroad use. Since Can Am is less worried about plastic fenders covering things, they went buck wild with it, packaging be damned.

I’m sure John Q will find spots that need improving for their specific use and the aftermarket will fill those gaps, but the overall geometry and design principle is well established and probably won’t need to be remedied. We just don’t see it with (relatively) small offroad teams and build to order manufacturers. Maybe they will adopt it. Maybe they won’t. Either way, teams of dynamics engineers with dataloggers and specially calibrated butts tested it for probably a year before we got to see it, it’s been vetted. 
Common Mercedes/Daimler design as well

Load cell setup on the control arms, old vs. new, to see the strength benefit.

Back