All new 2024 canam x3

Thought this comparison of old arms vs new was interesting. 

View attachment 78107
More beef in just the lower arm than previously in the whole setup. 

You can see why they had to curl around the tire like that. They’re trying to get the steering axis (imaginary line through the upper/lower ball joint drawn to the ground) outside the centerline of the tire to limit torquesteer. Two ways to do it: like above, or like LSK did with their dual pivot steering (which adds complexity to gain packaging efficiency). The bonus of Can Am’s setup is the taller the spindle, the less leverage the tire has on the upper control arm/ball joint because the distance from the ground to the axle centerline is the lever against the upper ball joint. 

You can see why they had to curl around the boob like that. They’re trying to get the boob axis (imaginary line through the upper boob/lower belly button drawn to the ground) outside the centerline of the boob to limit torque while motorboating. Two ways to do it: like above, or like LSK did with their dual pivot boobs (which adds complexity to gain packaging efficiency). The bonus of Can Am’s setup is the taller the torso, the less leverage the hips have on the upper boob because the distance from the ground to the belly centerline is the lever against the upper boob. 
With some changes I now understand what you are saying.   LMAO!!!  

I expect to see a lot of custom made front ends on these cars. I keep staring at it and it's messing with my head. It's not ugly it's just weird..

Did anybody notice that the top of the line cars have 16” wheels?
Yeah, gonna take a bit before paddles catch up. I assume it’s the same brakes for all models, so should be able to run 15s once 6 lug wheels are common

Last edited by a moderator:
Back