Speed UTV

My Mustang I bought new last year and put 7000 miles on has since appreciated.

After taxes/fees.

On TRADE IN.
Yup...I bought a new 2019 Ram 3500 in April of 2020....have just over 8,000 miles om it....Kelly blue Book trade-in is higher than I paid and private party I'd make a killing....crazy!! 

"Content" of this thread is not what it once was...

Maybe when they actually come out, it can be Technical in nature again.
No Nikal and Socaldmax = no technical info.

We all know the technical stuff by now.  We are all internet CAD engineers.  LOL!!!

Now back to the road to 200 pages!!!

No Nikal and Socaldmax = no technical info.

We all know the technical stuff by now.  We are all internet CAD engineers.  LOL!!!

Now back to the road to 200 pages!!!
There is only so much to discuss about double shear, I think Socal would have already covered that.

People talk about part shortages, What about the labor to build the 40 a day. How many people do you think that will take. Are they just sitting somewhere waiting to start. Every step of the way for this car is going to be a very long process. 

Screw the road to 200 pages, it should be to 2000 posts and be the first in the hood.

The band wagon crew out there, that believe what Robby & Todd are promising are completely out of touch with the current state of our economy. Most of us have never experienced inflation like this.

Hopefully one day this car gets built, but by then the other manufactures will have pasted it up.

He pointed out the power steering pump again, but never addressed the "chatter" issue they were trying to overcome. Interested to know what their solution is/may be.

Per the presentation looks like Speed will be at the SSSS Swap Meet this weekend May 22, 2021 if you want a unicorn sighting.

Norm from Sundance Saloon in Parker, AZ is my hero! Six cars on order, HA HA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Per the presentation looks like Speed will be at the SSSS Swap Meet this weekend May 22, 2021 if you want a unicorn sighting.
It will be the test mule. There is a lot of production stuff missing. But it gives you a good overall view of the car. I saw it last month. From an understanding of how a off-road car is built, it was great to see. If you are into lights, stereos, bling and cup holders you won't be impressed. 

He pointed out the power steering pump again, but never addressed the "chatter" issue they were trying to overcome. Interested to know what their solution is/may be.
Read somewhere that the chatter would be a non issue by the time they get to production. They didn’t seem to concern with it. I’m sure they’ll have it taken care of. Hopefully everything goes smooth from here on out and they have enough materials and parts for the first 1500 cars. 🤞🏽 😁

It is getting closer to at least the pre-production cars rolling off the line.   He was correct the welds look much better on the Speed UTV compared to Polaris and Can Am, not much of a high bar to surpass.  LOL! 

Anyone know if the cars have passed the roll test and the engines obtained final CARB approval?    

They will get those approvals with the 10 pre-production cars. Some will go to EPA and the roll test others will be beat on out in the deserts. 

FYI, looks like @Nikal sold his pre ordered car....😵😬😳

Last edited:
Watched video #58 last week and thought it was fascinating. The engine builder mentioned how a piston flexes and how they control the size of the port that expands the compression rings. Race part versus a production part. 

Topic that got me the most was at 20:10 talking about front wheel toe and tie rod placement. Robbie says in the front youre always striving to have toe out. Is that because its a 4 wheel drive vehicle? I know some front wheel drive cars purposely have toe out, because under load it goes back to neutral. I would have guessed a sxs had toe in like a quad or truck on the highway. 
On my Can Am from the factory it was set toed out.  I set the alignment to around 1/8" - 1/4" toed in, which made it much better.   

Back