Speed UTV

Hate to say this but buff might be right about the first set of clutches. BUT if you pay attention to the video @Banshee2001 posted, this is now their second clutch kit forged and fully machined that they’re going to send back to TAPP for analysis. 

Still don’t understand all the hate from buff maybe he wasn’t invited to the wedding? Oh well. #roadto200

Hate to say this but buff might be right about the first set of clutches. BUT if you pay attention to the video @Banshee2001 posted, this is now their second clutch kit forged and fully machined that they’re going to send back to TAPP for analysis. 

Still don’t understand all the hate from buff maybe he wasn’t invited to the wedding? Oh well. #roadto200
I am just trying to share what I know....I am really disappointed in Speed, but honestly with everything going on in the macro economy I am not sure they have a choice but to find the cheapest Chinese part/manufacturers available. This new enviroment will be tough on all the manufacturers, let alone a start up. I believe there holding you tube videos to update customers. Why are they not disclosing none of the challenges/changes? I do hope all you guys get your car and it of good quality. 

It looks like they're on the verge of final testing. They'll start testing 10 production vehicles this month and will probably start production in July or August. They could easily have the first 400 of these delivered in 10 days of production at 40 per day. 

What makes you think they won't ever be produced? Is it some sort of Ponzi scheme?
From what I have seen testing was maybe 2,000 miles on the pre-production car.   Not sure how much more testing they plan on doing with the other 10 or so pre-production cars they are rolling off the assembly line in the next few weeks.   

I hope they have the final CARB certification done as that could slow production down.  I believe they still have to pass the roll test.  If they actually start production on customers cars in July or August I will be very impressed. 

I sure hope we some Speed UTVs in Glamis next season. 

The shortage in raw materials is going to hurt them. Everything from the resin to make the plastics to the steel and aluminum to make hard parts, We won't even talk about if they need anything with a computer chip, Is in short supply and what is out there is costing a lot more.  He is going to have a difficult time getting the car promised for the price promised with commodities jumping 30-60% sense January.  Either the customer will pay, they will delay the release or they will have to find cheaper options. These are hard facts of life right now, so what he does should be interestingly entertaining to say the least.  

What was the original date you guys expected to get your cars?  Sounds like next season is in jeopardy.

What was the original date you guys expected to get your cars?  Sounds like next season is in jeopardy.
It's not just them, It's going to trickle into all of the Side by Sides. Try getting a new one right now. They are asking a premium and the supply is limited.  Some spare parts are becoming difficult to find.

Hell I have a Side by Side for sale by owner on Craigslist and I have gotten calls / Offers from more Ride Now Dealerships than anything else.  Tells me something is up and they know something if they are trying to buy up used inventory.  

It's not just them, It's going to trickle into all of the Side by Sides. Try getting a new one right now. They are asking a premium and the supply is limited.  Some spare parts are becoming difficult to find.

Hell I have a Side by Side for sale by owner on Craigslist and I have gotten calls / Offers from more Ride Now Dealerships than anything else.  Tells me something is up and they know something if they are trying to buy up used inventory.  
I am flipping Harley's to my local dealer. I had a bike listed last month and the dealer called me. They can't get used bikes fast enough. I've sold 4 already and have 3 in my garage currently. This shortage is impacting all forms of recreation and the markets are insane.  

Dealers have low inventory of new stuff so they are buying up used stuff to sell.  I get emails from the local Ford dealer every few weeks asking if I want to trade my truck in.  

Hell, I just sold some old clutch springs and weights to Speed UTV. 😆

Damn things look like mini trophy trucks. I need one in my life. 

Dealers have low inventory of new stuff so they are buying up used stuff to sell.  I get emails from the local Ford dealer every few weeks asking if I want to trade my truck in.  
My Mustang I bought new last year and put 7000 miles on has since appreciated.

After taxes/fees.

On TRADE IN.

My Mustang I bought new last year and put 7000 miles on has since appreciated.

After taxes/fees.

On TRADE IN.
Crazy to think you can drive a car and make money.   

Crazy to think you can drive a car and make money.   
Yeah, Crap's crazy right now... Next time you drive by a dealership, look into the lot: it'll be completely empty except the outer perimeter.

What kind of money is Ride Now offering?  They throw a ton of low balls out there and see if any stick.

What kind of money is Ride Now offering?  They throw a ton of low balls out there and see if any stick.
They are offering close to what I am asking, They just want me to bring it to them. I told them no come look at it and bring cash.

Yeah, Crap's crazy right now... Next time you drive by a dealership, look into the lot: it'll be completely empty except the outer perimeter.
I drive by a few dealerships daily and there is not much there.   

Back