Speed UTV

My guess for ease to tune the clutch, which is what they are out testing.......Or someone bashed it in the rocks and broke it 🙂

I always had a bunch of the plastics off my Wildcat X so it was easier if anything went south.  I was often glad I did...

Thats the one that had the carbon fiber body on it my guess and its only a guess is they probably did not want to hit something with CF panels. That type of terrain is gonna be hard not to rub against at some. Although when they were testing in other places they took panels off to make it easier to make adjusments and keep an eye on the powertrain.
Makes sense.  They should of thrown some other plastics on it so people can see who the entire car does and see what might hit.   Hopefully they have a full video of it making it up Chocolate Thunder. 

I always had a bunch of the plastics off my Wildcat X so it was easier if anything went south.  I was often glad I did...
I was at a shop yesterday and they were working on a Wildcat X.  

What shop was that?
The one that currently has my 20 piece Can Am X3 frame.   LOL!  I was visiting my X3 and the Wildcat X was there. 

Actually a pretty nice looking one with an aftermarket cage and King Shocks.  I should of snapped a picture for you.   They were changing out some axles for the guy.  I am not sure if there is any dealer near me that still works on the Wildcat X.  

The one that currently has my 20 piece Can Am X3 frame.   LOL!  I was visiting my X3 and the Wildcat X was there. 

Actually a pretty nice looking one with an aftermarket cage and King Shocks.  I should of snapped a picture for you.   They were changing out some axles for the guy.  I am not sure if there is any dealer near me that still works on the Wildcat X.  
 The WildCat was a Robby Gordon special. Now where is it? Obsolete. Same thing will likely happen with Speed, he will have a falling out with suppliers and vendors just like he did with Textron!

The WildCat was a Robby Gordon special. Now where is it? Obsolete. Same thing will likely happen with Speed, he will have a falling out with suppliers and vendors just like he did with Textron!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

What Kat-A-Tonic said... what shop?  I flunked psychology 101 and am terrible at charades... what's with your "20 piece Can-Am X3 frame"... guessing you found a few cracks?  Last I recall before the big meltdown, you discovered a control or trailing arm that was cracked, but the frame looked ok... maybe not? 

We are talking about the Wildcat X, before RG.   The Wildcat XX was RG designed and a good UTV.  Just lacking some hp for the dunes, if you are running with turbo UTVs.  

Textron is more to blame on the Wildcat XX kind of flaming out.  If Textron had built a 4 seater and thrown a turbo model out there RG would not be making the Speed UTV.  

What Kat-A-Tonic said... what shop?  I flunked psychology 101 and am terrible at charades... what's with your "20 piece Can-Am X3 frame"... guessing you found a few cracks?  Last I recall before the big meltdown, you discovered a control or trailing arm that was cracked, but the frame looked ok... maybe not? 
It is called SXS Unlimited.   My frame broke in the rear along with the rear transmission supports.  I will start a separate thread when I get a chance. 

I am no RG fanboy, but I was a dealer, and have dealt with Textron owned operations before, in a different industry. Textron is the root of the XX withering on the vine, and you can take that to the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that stinks @sand shark. Sorry to hear the news especially after you did all that work to it. 
Thanks.  It was a bit of a disappointment to say the least.   Stuff happens and I certainly got my use out of it.  

Back