Speed UTV

So I called several dealers in my hunt for a new SXS and not one of them had a Speed SXS.  Heck some did not even have a Can Am or Polaris.    Did RG buy Can Am and Polaris?  It would explain why none can be found.  LMAO!!!!

Come on people we have a long way to go to reach page goal.  

So I called several dealers in my hunt for a new SXS and not one of them had a Speed SXS.  Heck some did not even have a Can Am or Polaris.    Did RG buy Can Am and Polaris?  It would explain why none can be found.  LMAO!!!!

Come on people we have a long way to go to reach page goal.  
#desperate

When do we really anticipate the 1st 400 delivered? August? Sept?

Either way i am ready

When do we really anticipate the 1st 400 delivered? August? Sept?

Either way i am ready
I would say you will see some trickling out by August, if there are no production issue. 

You should start up that new thread you promised us you would start.

You know, the 2 seat, 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle that you need to replace before the season starts.  😉
I just picked up my new muffler tubing ride yesterday. LOL!   Went by the Speed UTV shop to see about one and not one to purchase.       

When you guys get them we can compare notes on how well they hold up at 8,000 miles. 

In all seriousness, if all 3 of those brands were in stock at the dealers, would you buy a Speed UTV?

If not, why not?
To answer your question I would take a look at the Speed UTV.  The only one that interest me is the 2 seater.  What would currently make me shy away are:

- the motor and transmission are not proven

-  parts availability/repairs if something breaks.  The lack of dealers for warranty work.  I might only have one dealer within a hour of me and I am now stuck with dealing with that dealer, which may or may not have competent mechanics.  

With Polaris and Can Am or the others I can roll down to a dealer or go to Rocky Mountain ATV or other online place and get parts quite easily.  If I need a dealer to do repairs/warranty work I have several to choose from that are with in hour or less of my house.  I have more options to get to a dealer with good mechanics.  

I think the Speed UTV is bringing a lot of good things to the market that will make the other manufactures step up.   It is just not a car I am currently willing to take a chance on.  Does not mean I do not recognize the design aspects and what the Speed is trying to do.  

I don't know where you live, but the 2 closest Polaris/Canam dealers to me are also Speed UTV dealers, and they're signing up more dealers every week.

I think the Canam X3 is by far the sexiest, sportiest looking SxS ever built. Fortunately for me, that takes a back seat to safety. I recognized the shortcomings as soon as I saw how the chassis and suspension were designed and heard what type of metal they used on the chassis.

You're not the only one who experienced failures from the design flaws of the X3, but you might be the one who got the most mileage out of it before some sort of major failure. Why you want to go through that again, I don't know, but it's your choice.

I honestly don't know how much or how little testing Canam or Polaris does before they release a new model. Considering how reliable Canam has been overall (drivetrain wise) I'm guessing they did a fair amount of drivetrain testing or they just got really lucky. Considering how many stop sell/stop driving notices Polaris has had over the yrs, I suspect they're still using their customers as test drivers. 

Speed UTV has been the most transparent builder I've seen about their whole process, so I feel a lot better about that one than I feel about any other brand as far as how thoroughly it's been tested.
I am guessing Bert's Mega Mall signed up to be a Speed dealer.  That would be the closest dealer to me.  I am not a fan of their service department after some warranty work when I first go my X3.  Coyne is a few hours away and honestly I would never purchase a vehicle from them.  I had a horrible experience with the sales manager when I tried to purchase my first X3. I tried to give them a second chance and once again their sales people continue with the same tactics.  

Interestingly, both Polaris and Can Am do a lot of testing before a model is released to the public.  Polaris just uses cheap parts in areas they know fail and have not changed.  For example the transmission would never have issues if they ponied up an extra few dollars to put good bearings in them.  They choose not to so they are dealing with warranty claims.  The stop ride stuff I think is done out of an abundance of caution and to keep the government agencies off there back.   Polaris still has far too many of them.

I know of many X3s with well over 17,000 miles.  There was one guy that got 30,000 miles out of his X3 frame before he got tired of fixing it and swapped it out for a new frame.  Rotax motors in the UTVs have always been a solid motor.  The will go for well over 30,000 miles if properly maintained.  Buying a Can Am is like buying a Ram truck.  You know your getting a good motor, but you are unsure if the rest of the vehicle will last as long as the motor.  LOL!!

I never had any issues with the front of my X3.  I stuffed it many times in the dunes even before I added the gusset kit and the gusset on the lower arms and it kept going.  This go around I will have all the gussets on before I even drive it and I can address the areas I know may be an issue later down the line.   I agree the material Can Am uses is not the best for an off-road vehicle.  I wish they would go to mild steel frame and a thicker material.  The extra weight would be worth it.  

Like I have said before - Speed UTV needs to be an open book.  They took deposits on a promise to deliver a unique UTV.  You need to show the people what their money is going towards and why it is taking this amount of time. Plus the weekly shows are sales pitches for people that were on the fence on putting a deposit down.    It is fun to watch the process and I like some of the design details he provides.     

If Speed took your deposit and never showed you any progress and all you got were emails every once in a while saying "we are getting close", would you be as patient? Especially now that it is going on almost 2 years.   I think most would be grabbing the pitch forks and demanding their money back.  Seeing a weekly show and progress calms that down.  

I hope to see some Speed UTVs out and about next desert season.  I hope I get to drive one at some point to see what it is all about. 

I don't know where you live, but the 2 closest Polaris/Canam dealers to me are also Speed UTV dealers, and they're signing up more dealers every week.

I think the Canam X3 is by far the sexiest, sportiest looking SxS ever built. Fortunately for me, that takes a back seat to safety. I recognized the shortcomings as soon as I saw how the chassis and suspension were designed and heard what type of metal they used on the chassis.

You're not the only one who experienced failures from the design flaws of the X3, but you might be the one who got the most mileage out of it before some sort of major failure. Why you want to go through that again, I don't know, but it's your choice.

I honestly don't know how much or how little testing Canam or Polaris does before they release a new model. Considering how reliable Canam has been overall (drivetrain wise) I'm guessing they did a fair amount of drivetrain testing or they just got really lucky. Considering how many stop sell/stop driving notices Polaris has had over the yrs, I suspect they're still using their customers as test drivers. 

Speed UTV has been the most transparent builder I've seen about their whole process, so I feel a lot better about that one than I feel about any other brand as far as how thoroughly it's been tested.
Just curious, what ride do you have?

Buying a Can Am is like buying a Ram truck.  You know your getting a good motor, but you are unsure if the rest of the vehicle will last as long as the motor.
I think that was true in the early 2000s and every Cummins before that but ever since common rail and later the 6.7 along with introducing emissions controls that has become less and less the case with the FCA/Cummins combination. They do make a ton of power these days. They have to in order to be competitive in the market but the reliability has definitely declined. 

I think that was true in the early 2000s and every Cummins before that but ever since common rail and later the 6.7 along with introducing emissions controls that has become less and less the case with the FCA/Cummins combination. They do make a ton of power these days. They have to in order to be competitive in the market but the reliability has definitely declined. 
I think the current crop of diesel trucks are pretty reliable.  They all make a ton of power.  

Back