Speed UTV

Well I thought I was in the Can-Am thread and that's where those last two posts were supposed to go. Oh well I imagine most people are reading both threads. It is fun watching this technology advancing.
To answer your question - people like to run 35" tires as they roll over stuff easier and if hauling the mail in the desert 35" tires make it more fun.   

32" or 33" is plenty for most of us.   

Polaris no longer offers a base model in the Pro R you have the top model and what was the middle model which starts at $37K

If you get the big package of the Can-Am with the top-of-the-line shocks and everything you’re looking over 60,000+ taxes
MSRP is $45K.  To get to $60K you have to buy every accessory Can Am offers.  

Accessories ARE WHERE ITS AT @SANDPSYCHO ...Whips, LED lights, Billet radio plates and shift knobs.. The Extra 15-20k is WORTH IT!!!  Mike lives for dat chit !..THAT is the whole difference in this sport. I would MUCH rather hang at the hill with a blinged out SXS than dune..... The SSAS (Side by Side Accesory Show ) is coming up soon !!!!  $25 dolla Beers / 90% SXS accessories 5% Sandrail booths and 5% Energy Drink booths! The Market has spoken!

The Bling is where it be at ! :lol:   I am hoping for some SPEED UTV led Cuzies! also green LED Monstor Energy Light up Cuzies! GOD I love this sport!

Best thing to do is grab a ZERO interest Credit Card......Hit the SXS show and buy EVERY Possible Accessory possible and bolt dat stuff on right when you get home / store all the stock stuff in a home depot bin because someday you may use it. :lmao:  ...Any interest you pay on the card is WAY NEGATED by the resale gains you will make.  I have found that running at least 3 LED whips can really make a difference!  Also those billet valve stems with the Skulls with the light up eyes can be spotted from the 78 while booking it down Sand Highway wide open !!! (thats how I met @BaBaBouy ......... he spotted those things from the 78 as I had my leds on ripping up the sand Highway and he flagged me down........Turns out, he had the other set of billet valve stems on his ride. We were IMMEDIATELY Best Friends!..

See You at the show baby........I truely hope that all the mfgs hand out lots of free stickers this year! I am Ready for this season to start!

:poule:

Accessories ARE WHERE ITS AT @SANDPSYCHO ...Whips, LED lights, Billet radio plates and shift knobs.. The Extra 15-20k is WORTH IT!!!  Mike lives for dat chit !..THAT is the whole difference in this sport. I would MUCH rather hang at the hill with a blinged out SXS than dune..... The SSAS (Side by Side Accesory Show ) is coming up soon !!!!  $25 dolla Beers / 90% SXS accessories 5% Sandrail booths and 5% Energy Drink booths! The Market has spoken!

The Bling is where it be at ! :lol:   I am hoping for some SPEED UTV led Cuzies! also green LED Monstor Energy Light up Cuzies! GOD I love this sport!

Best thing to do is grab a ZERO interest Credit Card......Hit the SXS show and buy EVERY Possible Accessory possible and bolt dat stuff on right when you get home / store all the stock stuff in a home depot bin because someday you may use it. :lmao:  ...Any interest you pay on the card is WAY NEGATED by the resale gains you will make.  I have found that running at least 3 LED whips can really make a difference!  Also those billet valve stems with the Skulls with the light up eyes can be spotted from the 78 while booking it down Sand Highway wide open !!! (thats how I met @BaBaBouy ......... he spotted those things from the 78 as I had my leds on ripping up the sand Highway and he flagged me down........Turns out, he had the other set of billet valve stems on his ride. We were IMMEDIATELY Best Friends!..

See You at the show baby........I truely hope that all the mfgs hand out lots of free stickers this year! I am Ready for this season to start!

:poule:
Seriously bro everything I’ve upgraded on my car the thing I’m most proud of is ALL the new lights I’ve put on it.  :rofl:

this is such bogus info.  NO ONE!!!! compares dealer installed parts when considering a new ride.  the three models of the Maverick R cost 35K, 38k, 42k and 45k MSRP.  
If you click on their building your car screen on the highest package, it brings it up over 60 I saw it on a couple videos put out by other guys and with my own eyes.

If you click on their building your car screen on the highest package, it brings it up over 60 I saw it on a couple videos put out by other guys and with my own eyes.
That is when you add the bundles accessory packages.  You don't have to get that stuff.  MSRP is still $45K for the top model.  If you don't add any accessories that is what you pay, plus tax and whatever other charges the dealer tries to get you for. 

Here is the pricing

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/en/customize-your-own/side-by-side-vehicles/maverick-r.html

If you hit build it takes you to a bundled accessory, but you have the option to click on without bundle which allows you to choose individual accessories.  

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/en/customize-your-own/side-by-side-vehicles/maverick-r.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The 23 xrs no s shox was $31,500. No dealer mark up 

The 24 is $42,500. Dealer mark up ?   Add all the goodies in for sand, tires and wheels, radio, suspension seat, 5 pt harness, whip etc. $$$$

That is when you add the bundles accessory packages.  You don't have to get that stuff.  MSRP is still $45K for the top model.  If you don't add any accessories that is what you pay, plus tax and whatever other charges the dealer tries to get you for. 
Yeah we’re both correct what I was trying to say is true and so is yours if you go in that direction.

I was under the impression that everyone's been waiting all these years so he could torture test them and these things would be perfect right out of the box? Ready to race Baja if I remember right?

Something tells me that high idle isn't the EPA approved tune..

Such tools out there... That guy that posted that video telling about his problems is getting hammered.

Screenshot_20230825_201007_Facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The new CanAm is growing on me even with the Praying Mantis look.  But look how much bigger the car got for the 2 seater.  Yes DCT and HP with top speed out of box 100 is sweet for sure but once again need cage.  I need a 4 seater and If X3 4 is still a limo, then I'd have to pass.  The 2 seat prices are up there and when shops here in Socal start marking their $hit up like usual then 2 seaters will be 50k and a 4 seater will be 55k.  My $34k 4 seat speed is just better now on paper.  Now what would it take to drop a Subi and transaxle in a Speed frame?

Back