Speed UTV

The new CanAm is growing on me even with the Praying Mantis look.  But look how much bigger the car got for the 2 seater.  Yes DCT and HP with top speed out of box 100 is sweet for sure but once again need cage.  I need a 4 seater and If X3 4 is still a limo, then I'd have to pass.  The 2 seat prices are up there and when shops here in Socal start marking their $hit up like usual then 2 seaters will be 50k and a 4 seater will be 55k.  My $34k 4 seat speed is just better now on paper.  Now what would it take to drop a Subi and transaxle in a Speed frame?
Your Speed UTV is a bargain based on today's prices.   By the time you get yours a lot of the issues should be resolved.   

What do you think the Can Am needs a cage?   If you look at the cage on the new Maverick you can see they added some gusseting and allegedly a thicker wall material.    Other than to change the looks of the car I am not sure replacing the cage is 100% needed.   

Your Speed UTV is a bargain based on today's prices.   By the time you get yours a lot of the issues should be resolved.   

What do you think the Can Am needs a cage?   If you look at the cage on the new Maverick you can see they added some gusseting and allegedly a thicker wall material.    Other than to change the looks of the car I am not sure replacing the cage is 100% needed.   
I keep trying to remind myself of that.  Any excitement is out the door waiting for Speed, but yeah when it comes all kinks should be gone.  Aint it normal for any new SXS to get a real cage put in?

So is it a shifter issue or a trans issue?  Can't tell. This is the first I heard of the this issue? He's had it worked on already?  Has anyone else heard of this shifting issue? 

I keep trying to remind myself of that.  Any excitement is out the door waiting for Speed, but yeah when it comes all kinks should be gone.  Aint it normal for any new SXS to get a real cage put in?
Just because people run out and put a cage on a new SXS does not mean it is 100% necessary.    Moat do it for looks.  There are aftermarket cages out there that are not any better than the stock ones.  

Amazing how he is using designs that have been around for 30 years, but Can Am or others try something different and they are 10 years behind.  
Uh, sir: DECADES. So 20+ years we’ve apparently been using 240hp 1L engines, 25”+ of travel, electronic shocks that adjust in milliseconds, 16” wheels filled with big multi-piston brakes, tall spindles with perfect scrub radius and little kingpin inclination, etc, etc, etc… :biggrin:

Uh, sir: DECADES. So 20+ years we’ve apparently been using 240hp 1L engines, 25”+ of travel, electronic shocks that adjust in milliseconds, 16” wheels filled with big multi-piston brakes, tall spindles with perfect scrub radius and little kingpin inclination, etc, etc, etc… :biggrin:
Did  you not have a Bug in the 80s?  We had all that? 

7 hours ago, onanysunday said:

This soap opera has been so entertaining over the last 3 years it should be nominated for some awards.   

Wait till the mass deliveries happen and people start breaking stuff.  The fun of getting stuff fixed could get interesting. 

Wait till the mass deliveries happen and people start breaking stuff.  The fun of getting stuff fixed could get interesting. 
The growing pains are inevitable 

Remind ourselves of the burden they are under -  Not just a a new car, new dealer network, new support infrastructure, parts inventory, training, manuals, vendors to deal with outside the country... not mention having to go play and go racing to keep the image up - its a lot of work even for a Superhuman with a smallish team and no offices outside the US to manage the Vendor(s)  Changes will be slow as the load ramps  .. Statistics are 75% of new businesses fail  - this is a new business even if the company has been around and the competition is not old and stagnant - not dealing with Honda and Yamaha  that are slow and Cautious   Polaris and Can Am are pretty aggressive and don't have to worry about all those Start up issues RG will be facing - they can concentrate on moving forward  ... 

Tough road when you want to be King ... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back