Speed UTV

I originally said kind of fugly on the new can am but…………add some 35’s and an aftermarket cage and holy hell that is actually pretty sexy. 

Again, with the improvements in suspension geometry and the new motor/dct I am really starting to wonder if the speed car has fallen so far behind they will now be playing catch up for years instead of leading. 

IMG_5357.png

The internet IS a funny place.

Robby Gordon posts about timelines and how bad ass his product is....................

Robby Gordon takes three years to release said product and most are okay with that..................

God. Damn. Hilarious. 

In the most sad way, possible. Try to spin it like you're a Liberal News anchor, we're waiting....
Can't we all just get along ....

The good news is that no matter what RG says in the press in the back of his mind he is planning to make the Speed UTV better ... If they make it to Gen 2  I can see him stepping it up Big Time  He has a great Chassis platform and electronics -so Power and transmission should be off the hook on Gen 2 

The internet IS a funny place.

Robby Gordon posts about timelines and how bad ass his product is....................

Robby Gordon takes three years to release said product and most are okay with that..................

God. Damn. Hilarious. 

In the most sad way, possible. Try to spin it like you're a Liberal News anchor, we're waiting....
Why would I need to spin anything, let alone spin it like a liberal? It's obvious you have your opinion, and I doubt anyone could sway you.

I put a small deposit down, actually closer to 4 years ago. I have not missed one offroad trip in that time. Following the journey as a gear head, and deposit holder, watching a completely new car, and company being built from the ground up, is interesting to me, and I find the progress remarkable for such a small team.

I don't actually care which company, or owners were doing it, I'd still be interested, and find it fascinating. 

Again, I'm not a SXS guy, never have been, and probably never will be, I don't swing on anyone or any manufactures nuts. 

I put down a deposit for to get my wife something that handles good, has a safe chassis and cage, will hold her and her 3 friends, and looks better than most of the SXS's I've seen. In the meantime, she's been enjoying her tube chassis Baja for the last 10 years, and hasn't missed a ride either, unless her car has broken down.

I look at it this way. In the beginning and mostly along the way, we gave crap for RG’s broken promises and crappy attitude. That went on for years. Now, for the most part, we are passed that. Speed cars are finally making it to customers. Yes with some issues, but being delivered none the less. I’m sure we all agree his car is the most stout compared to the Pro R and the new CanAm. We all have our cars we favor. Mine is Polaris as it’s the only brand I’ve owned, always treated me good, and my nephew is sponsored by them so I represent. I wanted a Diablo when they were first announced but knew it was gonna take a few years to come out so I chose to keep my deposit. All early buyers that stuck it out are getting a hell of a car for the money. Now the new CanAm has been released. I will say, if I didn’t just purchase my Pro R, this would get my money. As said earlier, the front end isn’t pleasing to the eye but with the 35’s and aftermarket cage it really makes it look like a beast. I’m just looking forward to a new season with 3 new platforms in the sandbox.

I look at it this way. In the beginning and mostly along the way, we gave crap for RG’s broken promises and crappy attitude. That went on for years. Now, for the most part, we are passed that. Speed cars are finally making it to customers. Yes with some issues, but being delivered none the less. I’m sure we all agree his car is the most stout compared to the Pro R and the new CanAm. We all have our cars we favor. Mine is Polaris as it’s the only brand I’ve owned, always treated me good, and my nephew is sponsored by them so I represent. I wanted a Diablo when they were first announced but knew it was gonna take a few years to come out so I chose to keep my deposit. All early buyers that stuck it out are getting a hell of a car for the money. Now the new CanAm has been released. I will say, if I didn’t just purchase my Pro R, this would get my money. As said earlier, the front end isn’t pleasing to the eye but with the 35’s and aftermarket cage it really makes it look like a beast. I’m just looking forward to a new season with 3 new platforms in the sandbox.
I actually think the Can Am looks bad ass, the front has already grown on me, and sorta looks cool, for some strange reason. I'd probably be powdercoating mine black if I was buying one though.

And no doubt, it looks fast as F, but looking at that chassis and cage, no F'ing way should they letting people hit 100+ MPH.

I've raced a Class 1 car many many times, at 125, and anything over 100 is scary as Eff, and has some major risks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think the Can Am looks bad ass, the front has already grown on me, and sorta looks cool, for some strange reason. I'd probably be powdercoating mine black if I was buying one though.

And no doubt, it looks fast as F, but looking at that chassis and cage, no F'ing way should they letting people hit 100+ MPH.

I've raced a Class 1 car many many times, at 125, and anything over 100 is scary as Eff, and has some major risks.
At minimum the cage needs triangulation. Gotta love value engineering, but the package looks good to build on.

I have been 90+ in my X3 on dry lake beds.  Stuff comes up really quick.    The frame on the new Can Am has been significantly beefed up compared to the X3 frame.  Cage has some added stuff over the X3, but not for 100 mph.   

my top speed in Baja is 142MPH. At that speed, you start getting different thoughts. Like "if this wheel comes off, its gonna suck". No way I would want to to 100 in a Can Am

So I have a question about tire size. What is the fascination with going bigger and bigger on tires on these cars? My X3 had 30 inch bighorns and we went through plenty of big rocks with that. Now my krx 1000 has 32s and the little I have driven it it feels plenty-capable. Unless you are rock crawling giant boulders how big do you really need? With a performance car like this that is made to slide as well are you really going to be only rock crawling that you need larger tires. Isn't there going to be a point of diminishing return when the sidewall flexes too much? I truly don't know and just asking opinions.  I would have to think Can-Am has it figured out pretty well with the stock size that comes on it for overall performance. Right now with what I have seen if I was looking at a new car and just as an internet shopper I think I would be leaning towards the Can-Am for overall use. I think this car is going to be badass in the dunes as well after the few videos posted so far.

Also I know it's been posted before but I don't remember. What are the prices now of the base car for the speed versus the Can-Am versus the Polaris pro r. I know the Can-Am is $35,500 and personally I would probably buy that car and just add some better seat belts. I would not care about the tilt or telescoping column or the aftermarket infotainment system etc. The second tear up certainly would be nice to have the 3-inch shocks if you are using the car in the dunes a lot. I think that base car is going to be a heck of a value.

Well I thought I was in the Can-Am thread and that's where those last two posts were supposed to go. Oh well I imagine most people are reading both threads. It is fun watching this technology advancing.

Also I know it's been posted before but I don't remember. What are the prices now of the base car for the speed versus the Can-Am versus the Polaris pro r. I know the Can-Am is $35,500 and personally I would probably buy that car and just add some better seat belts. I would not care about the tilt or telescoping column or the aftermarket infotainment system etc. The second tear up certainly would be nice to have the 3-inch shocks if you are using the car in the dunes a lot. I think that base car is going to be a heck of a value.
If you get the big package of the Can-Am with the top-of-the-line shocks and everything you’re looking over 60,000+ taxes

If you get the big package of the Can-Am with the top-of-the-line shocks and everything you’re looking over 60,000+ taxes
this is such bogus info.  NO ONE!!!! compares dealer installed parts when considering a new ride.  the three models of the Maverick R cost 35K, 38k, 42k and 45k MSRP.  

Back