Speed UTV

Just seems like I've seen more about the new CanAm in the last 5 days than all of Speed news in the last year. 
We like new shiny things.  Can Am is it right now.   I was reading the dealers will have them by the middle of September to purchase.

Speed is currently waiting for the 65 cars to arrive in port and allegedly there another 200 on the water.  Once more are delivered we might focus on Speed again.   LOL.

I am sure RG will be commenting on the new Can Am soon. 

just $$$ for marketing, where RG is the only  marketing needed for speed, ha ha

Speed has the beefiest chassis still. Whether it’s needed or not, only time will tell

Well, I can guarantee you a strong cage is needed not everybody races, but there’s a reason why score, and other organizations have minimum requirements which Polaris and Can-Am will not even come close to meeting. As someone said above, weight is a consideration. personally if you got to end up buying a heavy cage, heavy arms, and all the other stuff you’re gonna be adding the weight anyways. overtime most people I’ve seen and guys in our groups all have aftermarket cages. I seen some numbers thrown around comparing the old X.3 Can-Am versus the new one on power to weight ratio‘s. They’re just about equal if those numbers are correct. As the new model is quite a bit heavier. I’m sure the speed power to weight ratio will be less. I haven’t even done the math and I don’t care the power will work for the few times I go to the dunes in a year and it will be more than adequate for all the hard pack. I don’t plan on getting the 300 hp tune for my Diablo.

Well, I can guarantee you a strong cage is needed not everybody races, but there’s a reason why score, and other organizations have minimum requirements which Polaris and Can-Am will not even come close to meeting. As someone said above, weight is a consideration. personally if you got to end up buying a heavy cage, heavy arms, and all the other stuff you’re gonna be adding the weight anyways. overtime most people I’ve seen and guys in our groups all have aftermarket cages. I seen some numbers thrown around comparing the old X.3 Can-Am versus the new one on power to weight ratio‘s. They’re just about equal if those numbers are correct. As the new model is quite a bit heavier. I’m sure the speed power to weight ratio will be less. I haven’t even done the math and I don’t care the power will work for the few times I go to the dunes in a year and it will be more than adequate for all the hard pack. I don’t plan on getting the 300 hp tune for my Diablo.
Roll cages are heavy, but upgrading one isn't a huge amount of weight.  Going from 0.065" (assuming Can Am keeps the X3's wall thickness, which I doubt given the weight gain overall) to 0.095/0.0120" cage like Speed uses would be in the 50-60lb range as far as weight gain goes.  1 7/8" tube will be stronger than 1 3/4" tube pound for pound, so the difference in strength isn't as much as the gain in wall thickness leads you to believe.

I don't think you'll need to beef up the arms.  Maybe welding a plate on the lower arms to keep them from denting while rock crawling, but the arms are very beefy in appearance, and the geometry drastically reduces their loading.  We'll see if Can Am got it right this time around.  

The front shock tower also houses the high-mounted upper arms, and there is significant bracing to support both.  Will it need more?  Maybe, but it won't need nearly as much as the older model did, if anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The internet is a funny place.

Robby Gordon post's too much info about the development of the car.......................

Robby Gordon hasn't posted enough lately......................................
Except when Robby posted "info" it was either hilarious timelines, or ridiculous hotdog measuring from the exact angle that makes his look bigger. :biggrin:

I do want them to have success, it is good for the sport, I think all us do.  But no way, I would wait three years for any vehicle, maybe I am not that patient??  Robbie is a snake oil salesman and I feel we are watching a circus..........

I do want them to have success, it is good for the sport, I think all us do.  But no way, I would wait three years for any vehicle, maybe I am not that patient??  Robbie is a snake oil salesman and I feel we are watching a circus..........
Everyone just waited over 4 years for the New Can Am, and Pro R, they just didn't know it.

There’s kind of a little bit of a difference in waiting and keeping your old car like myself. I’ll say it again I haven’t missed a trip that I wanted to go on in the two years I have now been waiting since I put my deposit on the speed. There are however other people probably been in line a lot longer than me that had to sell whatever to put the deposit down. I will say if you had to put a deposit down on $1500-$2000 and that forced you to get rid of your old whatever you drove, you maybe you should just stick to used vehicles like what I did for many many years. In fact, this is the first new non necessity vehicle I have ever purchased so to speak and I’ve owned a lot of chit. 

There’s kind of a little bit of a difference in waiting and keeping your old car like myself. I’ll say it again I haven’t missed a trip that I wanted to go on in the two years I have now been waiting since I put my deposit on the speed. There are however other people probably been in line a lot longer than me that had to sell whatever to put the deposit down. I will say if you had to put a deposit down on $1500-$2000 and that forced you to get rid of your old whatever you drove, you maybe you should just stick to used vehicles like what I did for many many years. In fact, this is the first new non necessity vehicle I have ever purchased so to speak and I’ve owned a lot of chit. 
People didn't sell their existing SxS to afford the deposit on a SPEED SxS.   They sold based on RG statement that SPEED SxS would be available 'next year' and it's been several years of false statements of impending availability from RG.  

People didn't sell their existing SxS to afford the deposit on a SPEED SxS.   They sold based on RG statement that SPEED SxS would be available 'next year' and it's been several years of false statements of impending availability from RG.  
Along with the ever-present "don't like it? GTFO and sell your spot" talk.  

So this post is from another forum I belong to it’s about the best way I could summarize the big picture as I see it to everyone that has the views such as what you have said in the last couple post. I will not say you’re wrong. I will say this is how I see it and the way I feel about it. Either you find a way out if you bought in or you stick through it which is what I plan to keep doing at this point. Within six months there will be a better picture now of the cars that are starting to hit the trails. My needs are not for the fastest and most horsepower but more to get around and have fun and explore. The car will work just fine for the few times a year I go to the sand dunes. Otherwise it will have plenty of power for all the other needs. I just wanted to be reliable and I don’t wanna have to put a bunch of money into it once I buy it. 

Well I’m speaking for myself and like I said many times before I put $1500 down to hold my place in line on something I did not need at the moment nor still need today. No one twisted my arm to buy any of the accessories and I have only bought a couple thousand dollars worth mostly just recently. I still have my other car and I’ve done more trips of all sorts in the last few years, as compared to the years prior to ever putting a deposit down on the Diablo. You have different classifications of people who bought at different times. Along the timeline these first pioneers that just getting their cars now bought something that is nothing like what they are actually getting. That is unless you happen to be somebody that’s buying somebody else’s spot and I know that’s happening and those people seem to be happy to. Then you have people like myself that haven’t even been in line for even a year and an half and only purchased because of what it became. I’m sure there’s dozens of types of individuals that, bought in for whatever reason I am not upset at all. In fact, I think I’m gonna get a lot better car because I’m like 3000 in line on purpose and from what I’ve seen, they’ve been very fast to try to take care of all sorts of issues. I think there are a lot of people that don’t hate Robbie or Todd. But they sure have a lot to say about what everybody else is doing wrong getting in line for one of these. You may, or may not believe me, but I have no problem with managing my expectations and still assume I will not get my car for possibly another year. I will tell you also that in due time possibly when there are hundreds and hundreds or even thousands out there and they are being used in all different aspects we may have some issues. Then again, we may not find majors issues or recalls. So I’ll get back to you someday in the future on that one but in the mean time I’m good with all I’ve seen as this thing has evolved from 2019 to 2023.

Everyone just waited over 4 years for the New Can Am, and Pro R, they just didn't know it.
They didn’t get to hear a bunch of broken promises (broken record also in this case) lies, and talk crap on their competition. Not to mention that Speed UTV will never be Polaris or Can Am competitors. That’s some kind of joke. Kinda Joyner is Funco’s competition. 😂😂 

Just my opinion, you don’t have to respond, you can just scroll on by. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn’t get to hear a bunch of broken promises (broken record also in this case) lies, and talk crap on their competition. Not to mention that Speed UTV will never be Polaris or Can Am competitors. That’s some kind of joke. Kinda Joyner is Funco’s competition. 😂😂 

Just my opinion, you don’t have to respond, you can just scroll on by. 
You know what they say about opinons........

Back