New Polaris Pro R

Just put a deposit down on a Pro R Ultimate. Is it crazy money for a SXS? Yes. It will be my 3rd RZR. If my boy didn't love riding with me it would be hard to justify the cost. Screw it, you only live once and I'm not getting any younger. Looking forward to it.

Just put a deposit down on a Pro R Ultimate. Is it crazy money for a SXS? Yes. It will be my 3rd RZR. If my boy didn't love riding with me it would be hard to justify the cost. Screw it, you only live once and I'm not getting any younger. Looking forward to it.
Congrats!  Did the dealer have an idea if you would be getting your car in January or February? 

Oh no! You put a deposit on a vehicle no one ha seen except on the internet and has no expected delivery date! What are  you thinking! 

Just kidding! Congrats, we’re the dealers selling them for MSRP or what is the mark up? I look forward to see them out in the desert and checking them out. 
I’ll have before the Speed cars even start production. Lol

Same could be said for anyone who said positive things, liked the Speed UTV or was excited to see the progression of something new. They were labeled a Fanboy or said to be swing from Robby’s nuts. 

Sad part about the sport of desert recreation is there are to many jealous disrespectful people in the sport now. If someone has something better or if they can’t have something, they immediately put people down or just say not nice things to justify where they are or have in life. 

Growing up I saw people interested in innovation. People went out of their way to help others. Now that seems to be lost. 
I hear what you are saying. I think the swinging from nuts, or at least my jab at it, came from certain people constantly quoting things Robby said as the end all be all. Robby is a salesman just as RZR and CanAm are. I from a RZR standpoint and Sand Shark and Rockwood from the CanAm standpoint have all owned the downfalls or weak links from our toys manufacture. We also have physically beaten them for seasons and know first hand. To claim a vehicle that hasn’t made it to production yet is the best thing since sliced bread, won’t own the issues that have already been found with the Speed, and can only regurgitate things Robby has said does make a difference don’t you think? 

I initially hated the looks/sight lines of the original XP Pro, but the radius cage on the Pro R looks great to me and now you can recline (or less recline in my situation) so that helps the sight lines when duning for us fellas with a lower center of gravity......

WHUUUUUU...NELLY... I can't Waite to see what can am brings to the table to beat the snot out of this sucka.problem is  see with the can am when it comes out will be thay  probably a few grand more.i think the pricing is getting crazy stupid.gonna be hard for people who want big bad best sxs on the market to go out and afford a 45 grand toy.chit I have a buddy now who has like 850 credit.called a deal during covid that had 2 can am x3s in stock.did all his chit over the phone was approved with zero down and his payments I think are in the mid 600s.gonna need a big Chunk  of change to throw down for a reasonable payment.

back here on the east coast that thing is getting big for the trails and I dont see it being a woods machine.and for the price and for the 5 to 6 months a year I spend in Glamis ill lean tord buys a sand car b4 I spend that much on a sxs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen on instragram that Wayne Matlock has been pre-running the Baja 1000 with his Pro R.  Allegedly the car hit 106mph in the dirt, which is incredibly fast for the a UTV.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWOZO1gpTyo/?utm_medium=copy_link
Dang,.. I've driven my Velocity on a grated gravel construction road. I don't even know how fast it goes (80mph?). I can't keep my eyes off the road at whatever it tops out at cause I'm too scared to look at the speedometer... I think these have a longer wheelbase that the Turbo S (right)?, but.. I'd assume if you add 20-25mph even with a longer wheel base, there'd be a pucker factor. 

I agree dangerous.. you know one of the most dangerous parts in G are as you head towards the drags (right before you get there), were it's relatively flat.. I'm always paranoid about someone coming off my 3 o'clock that I can't see (basically headed the same direction) and he can't see me until we 'meet'.. Always tell my passenger their JOB is to be looking to the right as well as straight ahead and just hit me in the arm .. fast if there's traffic, etc.

OK, back to this deal. ... I have to admit the motor sounds nice as compared to your 2 cylinder SXSs.

abc

Dang,.. I've driven my Velocity on a grated gravel construction road. I don't even know how fast it goes (80mph?). I can't keep my eyes off the road at whatever it tops out at cause I'm too scared to look at the speedometer... I think these have a longer wheelbase that the Turbo S (right)?, but.. I'd assume if you add 20-25mph even with a longer wheel base, there'd be a pucker factor. 

I agree dangerous.. you know one of the most dangerous parts in G are as you head towards the drags (right before you get there), were it's relatively flat.. I'm always paranoid about someone coming off my 3 o'clock that I can't see (basically headed the same direction) and he can't see me until we 'meet'.. Always tell my passenger their JOB is to be looking to the right as well as straight ahead and just hit me in the arm .. fast if there's traffic, etc.

OK, back to this deal. ... I have to admit the motor sounds nice as compared to your 2 cylinder SXSs.

abc
With the longer wheelbase and being 74" wide it is probably pretty stable.  My X3 at 80+mph feel stable.  Off course hitting a bump at those speeds would be a pucker moment.

I hate that area of Glamis for the same reason.  Even leaving the washes toward the dunes can get sketchy with all the cross trails. 

Yeah that's the word I was looking for.. cross trails.. had some close calls. Very important, again, to have that passenger's head on a swivel yelling 'TRAFFIC!'.. nice thing is the brakes are great on these machines.. If you stomp hard, you can scrub off 20mph of speed in what seems like 10 feet.

Yeah that's the word I was looking for.. cross trails.. had some close calls. Very important, again, to have that passenger's head on a swivel yelling 'TRAFFIC!'.. nice thing is the brakes are great on these machines.. If you stomp hard, you can scrub off 20mph of speed in what seems like 10 feet.
Can Am is mushy feeling brakes.  Like early ABS feeling brakes.  LOL!

Man years ago I was racing my buddy down the sand highway at Gordon’s going back to camp from Test hill. I was on a Honda 250r 3 wheeler and he was in his Nissan truck. Well I beat him so he ducks down one of the roads cutting across to camp. I turned and headed down the road that went straight into out camp. Well needless to say we met! I was just about to jump off this bush mound when I caught his truck out of the corner of my left eye. I don’t know how I did it, but I leaped off the bike like straight up in the air and somehow cleared the bed of his truck! They thought they killed me but they never really did touch me at all. Talk about a lucky SOB! I’ve been on full scan alert since then! Oh ya just incase you were worried about the bike, when it hit the truck it bent the clutch lever and whip. Gotta love those Honda’s!

Back