New Polaris Pro R

Yeah there are some gnarly close call as well as full crash GoPro videos out there… my buddy has quads for all his girls, 7, 11 and 13… my 15 year has me renting them and I just don’t want her on quads, so she’s been learning in the RZR.

ok, sorry for the off-topic… cooling the engine.. back to break-in..

abc

4F3C4B38-8966-4DBA-B1B4-AC6477FD23A5.jpeg

4B954447-88AD-47C2-8B98-4A31FF705C80.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I felt so much more comfortable when my son started driving his RZR. Granted he’s 19 now, but when he came home from Glamis the weekend after Halloween and told me he jumped the swing set, I about chit myself! He barely cleared it and says he has no plans to ever do it again. I hope that’s the case. 

Here is the Pro R Wayne Matlock will be racing at the Baja 1000 (1200+ miles this year).  Looks like stock suspension arms.

rzr xp.jpg

Long video of some first rides of the Pro R and Pro Turbo and break down of the car.  Good view of the frame

Last edited by a moderator:
45min mark is interesting. Sounds like Polaris doesn’t even know how to classify the car in comifornia.

45min mark is interesting. Sounds like Polaris doesn’t even know how to classify the car in comifornia.
Yeah it sounded like they are working some things out with the various states.  

Yeah it sounded like they are working some things out with the various states.  
Ignoring all of the salesman BS in the first half of the video, the "engineer" wasn't hiding the fact that this is still a prototype, since the clutch cover wasn't finalized yet. I wonder how many other parts weren't finalized yet. It sure sounded like Polaris went through and upgraded every part on the thing, from the axles to the hubs and bearings, brakes, chassis, suspension arms, etc.

I like that exhaust tip, reminds me of another one. I think it's pretty obvious RG lit a fire under their asses and they realized they couldn't just keep adding 5hp and BNG every yr.

I would have loved to see videos of all of their meetings and see copies of their emails over the last 2 yrs. I bet there was a fundamental shift in attitude and a flurry of new ideas right after every weekly update from you know who!

:lol:

257745352_10159503451398433_8652940548255224234_n.jpg

So I like how it turned out. It seems way beefier and stronger. I like the different driving modes for throttle, steering, and suspension. It looks like it will be a blast to drive in any conditions. My drawback still remains in the belt location. Yes stock seats and seat belt will be no issue but aftermarket seats with 4 or 5 point belts running through them will make it a lot more of a challenge. I guess the upside would be not having to fight the cover off and on with the shock in the way?!!

So I like how it turned out. It seems way beefier and stronger. I like the different driving modes for throttle, steering, and suspension. It looks like it will be a blast to drive in any conditions. My drawback still remains in the belt location. Yes stock seats and seat belt will be no issue but aftermarket seats with 4 or 5 point belts running through them will make it a lot more of a challenge. I guess the upside would be not having to fight the cover off and on with the shock in the way?!!
As long as you don't have the sewn in style where the shoulder harness is connected to the lap belt, getting belts threw aftermarket seats is easy.  Still kinds of a pain to have to remove the seats to get to the belt cover.  I would like to see what Wayne Matlock did to make access quick and easy on his race car.   On the four seater getting to the belt will be easier if you can fold down the rear seats and be able to remove the fire wall. 

Granted, but that's not saying much, TBH.
I looked at the cut away of the XP Pro frame at the Sand Show.  It was pretty beefy.  The Pro R seems to have added some more support, but it is hard to tell in the video. 

I have not seen any XP Pro frames with damage, mind you I don't see a lot of XP Pros running around.   

can't believe I watched all that video but here are my basic comments, and I'm not in the market for anything new...

1. The cage still has all the old polaris "dead tube" design, wow. Don't really care how much stronger it is if the design lends itself to fail. Especially the 4-seater "B" pillar!
   1a. still no front cage protection for radiator
   1b. still looks like it will fold based on some of the drivers out there, me included 🙂

2. The belt clutch looks almost identical to the wildcat XX clutch setup, yes they are all made by TEAM so it makes sense
   2a. what a pain to change belts!

3. The slipper clutch to the front drive is gonna be a maintenance issue, you could tell by the way they talked it's small and light weight. Probably not up to the long haul task.

4. I see no issue with registration, the 1000cc rule really doesn't matter. It's enforcement of the laws/rules in the area you ride. So if this gets registered in CA as an OHMV (like a sand rail, Gator, rock bouncer, whatever...) technically "no helmet" applies, but come on how is a LEO gonna know. Good luck, take the ticket and then go to court and it should get washed...

Overall the improvements are still good and they will sell plenty of them to anyone with a heartbeat.

https://www.copart.com/lotSearchResults/?free=true&query=polaris proves how bad of drivers we all are....

Don't forget the manf's paid big money to slip the helmet law through in Kalifornia.  All the money in fact came from the manf's.

Having said that, I don't think they are going to change the law just because one vehicle broke the magic 1000cc rule.  

....unless Polaris pays to have it changed of course.  Which they very well could have already wrote the checks.  Any international company that would buy a $9,000,000.00 crusty old pizza place just so they can stroke themselves once a year at camp ghayzer would certainly do a sneaky back door law adjustment to protect them from major civil litigation suits. 

Back