New Polaris Pro R

Like I said Sponsored Politically correct . 

They just change the IG post to say they stopped due to some gremlins, and removed the part about breaking a 3rd shock. 

it’s a shame sponsorship causes you be careful and maybe not as honest as you would be with the truth. 
Even the interview at the finish line no mention of problems. When every other racer got asked what broke or issues ran into. 

I hope I'm not the only one who thought WTF when they ran the axle through the shock clevis.  Seriously, all of their engineering $$ and that's what they came up with.....

Just like with Speed.....I want them to break stuff while testing. That is how the product becomes better.

This was testing and PR for the RZR. Now we will see if they make the part/design better or do the typical Polaris move and leave it for the aftermarket to make better. Wayne was driving that car harder than 95% of the Polaris owners will ever drive. But those 95% will drive dumber than Wayne so maybe that's a wash 😄

I was at the race but didn't get a chance to see the car. It was a tough course. 1200 Baja miles is no joke. Just to finish is an accomplishment. Great job to Wayne and the team. 

Just like with Speed.....I want them to break stuff while testing. That is how the product becomes better.

This was testing and PR for the RZR. Now we will see if they make the part/design better or do the typical Polaris move and leave it for the aftermarket to make better. 
Shock issue that wasn’t Polaris’ fault at all

This was testing and PR for the RZR. Now we will see if they make the part/design better or do the typical Polaris move and leave it for the aftermarket to make better. Wayne was driving that car harder than 95% of the Polaris owners will ever drive. But those 95% will drive dumber than Wayne so maybe that's a wash 😄

I was at the race but didn't get a chance to see the car. It was a tough course. 1200 Baja miles is no joke. Just to finish is an accomplishment. Great job to Wayne and the team. 
I agree with some of what you said.

I also want the Speed thoroughly tested before delivery and agree that Polaris has a long history of selling the product to the customer with known defects and letting them sort it out. It seems like the typical large American corp. greed move. Ford did it, Boeing did it, Monsanto did it, Enron did it, you get it. Make a profit for the shareholders and eff the customers, even if it kills them. 

I'm not completely in agreement with the PR and testing part. Yes, it was PR, but since it was NOT a stock vehicle, the chassis looked completely different, it was a custom built race chassis. It bore no resemblance to the stock collection of semi random tubes. If Polaris really had faith in their chassis, they would have run that in the race.

When I first saw that lower shock abortion, I mocked it and couldn't believe that was their solution. I'm not an ME, but my common sense told me it just wouldn't hold up. I'll be interested to see what their solution is, or keep up the story about "just a bad batch of shocks." Based on past history, customers will be getting those just like that.

I still prefer the open and transparent weekly updates. It looks like they're looking at every single little part much closer than the big mfrs.

Of course he's going to say that. Polaris sponsors him, Fox doesn't. He's not going to tell the truth about it if it's going to cost him a sponsor.

Of course he's going to say that. Polaris sponsors him, Fox doesn't. He's not going to tell the truth about it if it's going to cost him a sponsor.
He’s sponsored by both, obviously Polaris is the big one. I find it funny that they blamed the shocks but not by name, post on IG showing possible axle/shock mount rub were removed and Matlock defending the geometry. 

Not that anyone cares, but on the ghayzer fan boy forum they posted his car was pre-production and had the previous non-production shocks/axle configuration, with known possible issues, hence it was changed on the production models

Evidently many of these earlier models are around if you watch any of the videos, Polaris released them anyways because it is all they had at the time.

Not defending them, just sharing the information.  

Flame on, flame on.  

Not that anyone cares, but on the ghayzer fan boy forum they posted his car was pre-production and had the previous non-production shocks/axle configuration, with known possible issues, hence it was changed on the production models

Evidently many of these earlier models are around if you watch any of the videos, Polaris released them anyways because it is all they had at the time.

Not defending them, just sharing the information.  

Flame on, flame on.  
5v4x0y.jpg

Hahaha...popular term these days

What production models? Are they for sale yet?
You really going there? :lmao:

Back