New Polaris Pro R

With that being said, does anyone know how many belts he went through in that race?
Allegedly, they used the same belt for the entire race.  That is according to the racers, actual fans at the race and the promoters.  But they all could be on the payroll of course and its a giant black helicopter conspiracy. 

i can hear it now...... oh ya we changed the belt every 250 miles so we could monitor wear . not we had to baby it in cause every time we hit the gas the belt temp would sky rocket and the belt was slipping

unnamed (2).jpg

for anyone in the chattsworth area that might want to check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I believe there is one at Berts Mega Mall.  There was a YTube post on it a few days ago.  Chattworth is far as hell!
yeah its far, i bought my rzr from there, im in palm springs it was a drive. saw that in an email and thought i would just pass along for anyone who might be in that area. also got an email that they are doing on at coyne as well. maybe they are just going around to all the bigger dealers 

You will never find out if they broke a belt and replaced unless it was photo'd in a pit or on course (slim chance).

The only reason we know about the shocks is because Matlock probably wasn't thinking when he posted the now edited posts and/or it was somewhat obvious something was wrong because of the tracker.

A belt change could be chalked up as a long flat change on the tracker.

Take what they are saying at this point with a grain of salt after the edits.

At least Speed confronts their problems head on (whether you like RGs approach or not) instead of Polaris' approach to sweeping under the rug and editing social media posts.

Just the act of hiding it makes the issue seem so much more suspect. Then add the blaming of the shock MFG.

What a joke.
You do not hear about any UTV racers changing belts anymore.  Long races they have scheduled belt changes.  The clutch tuners have gotten so good belt issues are far and few between.

It is possible there was some bad casting for the Fox shocks on Wayne's car.  He also tends to find the weak spots with the way he drives.   

I bet Mitch Guthrie has no issues with his shocks at the Mint 400.  Of course he has a nice billet piece on his Walker Shocks.  His car looks fast. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW82TbNvufc/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thanks but I believe there is one at Berts Mega Mall.  There was a YTube post on it a few days ago.  Chattworth is far as hell!
That is down the street from me.  I will try to check it out. 

Looks like Mitch Guthrie Jr. had better luck racing his Pro R at the Mint 400 this weekend.  He took 5th overall against all the other UTV classes.  No broke shock like Wayne Matlock.  Of course Mitch was running Walker Evan Shocks with a beefy looking billet shock end on the front shocks. 

Looks like Mitch Guthrie Jr. had better luck racing his Pro R at the Mint 400 this weekend.  He took 5th overall against all the other UTV classes.  No broke shock like Wayne Matlock.  Of course Mitch was running Walker Evan Shocks with a beefy looking billet shock end on the front shocks. 
Now that's a ringing endorsement for the factory shocks.

:lol:

Now that's a ringing endorsement for the factory shocks.

:lol:
LOL!  The lower models come with the Walker Evans shocks.  The top models have the Fox Shocks.  I am guessing Fox will be offering an upgraded billet lower mount.  

Wayne broke the lower mounts on the front shocks at the Baja 1000.

Guthrie's car looked good at the 400. 

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!  The lower models come with the Walker Evans shocks.  The top models have the Fox Shocks.  I am guessing Fox will be offering an upgraded billet lower mount.  

Wayne broke the lower mounts on the front shocks at the Baja 1000.

Guthrie's car looked good at the 400. 
So the lower models come with the stronger shocks.

Makes perfect sense.  :lol:

So the lower models come with the stronger shocks.

Makes perfect sense.  :lol:
LOL!  That is not how it is supposed to work?

I will let you know when I go check them out later today at the local dealer. 

LOL!  That is not how it is supposed to work?

I will let you know when I go check them out later today at the local dealer. 
I've seen pics of the birdcrap/bubblegum holding the random collection of dead tubes together. It will be interesting to see how that chassis looks.

Lower models come with Walker Evans 2.5 shocks don’t know if lower shock mount is same as Guthrie’s. 
Actually in looking at Guthrie's car it looks like it is a cast lower shock mount on his Walkers.  

Back