New Polaris Pro R

WOW, I totally missed that. So 2" off the canam. Interesting. 

I thought the X3 Max doesnt dune well because of wheelbase? Every Max ive seen in the hardpack looks ridiculous, moving and standing still! 😜
I have driven a max in the dunes and it surprised me how well it does.  It moves around pretty well, but not nearly as fun to drive as a two seater.   I do not like dunning in 4 seaters.   If I ever got a rail it would be a 2 seater. 

The Turbo R has the same wb/dimensions as the 'standard' xp pro.  Only the 2 liter motor gets longer wb and overall length.

The Turbo R has the same wb/dimensions as the 'standard' xp pro.  Only the 2 liter motor gets longer wb and overall length.
Turbo R is also 74" wide and has the same arms and trailing arm set up as the Pro R. 

So if they are over 1000 cc you won't need a helmet. Will they be classified as a buggy and not a side by side?

So if they are over 1000 cc you won't need a helmet. Will they be classified as a buggy and not a side by side?
I would think the helmet law will still apply.  Not to hard for them to amend the law to include the new ride.   Seems wearing a helmet in a 90mph fireball would be a good idea. 

"Fully Welded Frame" and "Three Piece Sway Bar"... Welcome to 2012 Wildcat... LOLOLOL

I would think the helmet law will still apply.  Not to hard for them to amend the law to include the new ride.   Seems wearing a helmet in a 90mph fireball would be a good idea. 
Does that mean any type of "off-road buggy" with an engine up to 2000 cc's will require driver/passengers to wear a helmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean any type of "off-road buggy" with an engine up to 2000 cc's will require driver/passengers to wear a helmet?
Polaris mentions the Pro R as a UTV/SXS.  I think the helmet law would still only apply to UTVs.  If they wanted to get buggies in the helmet law they would of done it already.  The manufactures pushed for the helmet law to save them from lawsuits and probable more safety regulations.   

Wildcat has a 3 piece sway bar?   My Can Am had a 3 piece front sway bar multiple times after it broke.  LOL!
The 2012 and early 2013 wet-clutch units had a three piece bar. When the Team Clutching and Fox shocks came out they went to a much stiffer conventional bar.

The 2012 and early 2013 wet-clutch units had a three piece bar. When the Team Clutching and Fox shocks came out they went to a much stiffer conventional bar.
I don't remember seeing that on the early Wildcats.  My friend and I drove a pre-production Wildcat in Glamis.  Buckshot had one for some reason and he let us drive it.  It was super smooth but gutless.  We were going over some whoops and my friend screamed at me to go faster.  I had it floored and it would not get over 52mph.  LOL!

So the new 4 seater has a wheelbase 1.5 inches shorter than the Can Am and overall length is half an inch longer than the Can Am.  What's really interesting is that the dry weight (at least according to website specs) is 500 lbs heavier on the Polaris.  I wonder how close to reality that is?

2 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

just listen to the motor and ABANDON all this SXS malarkey just KILL IT.. LOL

Man you confuse the hell out of me! You strike me as a guy that makes plenty of money from the stories you tell. Yet you constantly relive your “ glory “ days! Stop telling us stories on how you threw the winning touch down and banged the prom queen and just go buy yourself another sand car already! Just to be clear, most of us in these threads used to or still have a sand car. I fall under the used to category. I’ve had several sand cars in my dune life. When out in the dunes I miss having a sand car but with a SXS a can go ANYWHERE. 

I thought I was annoying! Butt Face takes the cake.

Last edited:
So all the talk about the Speed car being to heavy, or too wide has become a mute point now. 

Pro R 2 seat (Estimated dry weight) 2,085

Pro R 4 seat (Estimated dry weight) 2,365

Unless I’m missing it, I don’t see either of these models listed on CARB’s Executive Orders list. So maybe the reason why the weight is estimated and or why they will not be releasing them until early 2022 or by Spring is because they are still waiting for full CARB approval? Or is the Pro R not under the same CARB category as the other off road vehicles?  

And the Polaris fans can’t give the Can Am guys crap about the X3, 4 seater being way to long. Pro R 4 seater is 133 inches! Lol! What a sled. 
I’m with you on this! I personally didn’t like the CanAm 4 seat cause it was way too long for me. The new RZR will be the same reaction. Thankfully I no longer need a 4 seater! As for width, I still see this being just as much trouble as the Speed car when trail riding. Some trails will be too narrow for the car. I can say that I feel this was a good swing at the speed car. You can see where the Speed car is better built but there are other things that the RZR has that is more appealing. More and more you see ticket holders for the Speed cars selling their spot. To have a RZR or CanAm available for them is what is making these two manufactures shine.

So all the talk about the Speed car being to heavy, or too wide has become a mute point now. 

Unless I’m missing it, I don’t see either of these models listed on CARB’s Executive Orders list. So maybe the reason why the weight is estimated and or why they will not be releasing them until early 2022 or by Spring is because they are still waiting for full CARB approval? Or is the Pro R not under the same CARB category as the other off road vehicles?  

And the Polaris fans can’t give the Can Am guys crap about the X3, 4 seater being way to long. Pro R 4 seater is 133 inches! Lol! What a sled. 
All that weight will only matter in the sand where it will make use of all that hp to move them.  In the desert that weight should make for a nice ride, both Speed and the new Polaris.  

My guess you do not see the CARB cert is they are 2022 models and will not be available till beginning of next year.  The CARB certs seem to show up a shortly before they hit the dealer.  Normally Polaris announce a new ride and it is at the dealers within a week of the announcement. 

Last edited by a moderator:

IDK exactly how CARB works (does anybody really know?), but this is the same motor in the Polaris Slingshot  so it is already CARB approved.  As long as they run the same map, exhaust, cat, etc. should be a slam dunk.....

Back