New Polaris Pro R

I think that 2 Liter making 225 hp is gonna hurt some feelings.  Especially when I feel a turbo S is quick with 168 hp.  Interesting the HP number is exactly what RG is quoting for the Speed UTV.  How long before they start turbocharging the 2 Liter?

I too am not a guy that buys 1 gen vehicles. I can say the new cars look pretty bad azz and I like the boxed a-arms. Not too sure about the 28”-29” usable travel! I was impressed to see the rock crawling action so soon. Still haven’t seen anything like that from the Speed videos. Polaris definitely knows how to market and cover all basis of sales in one video!

easy over 50k out the door price after tax and dealer fees. makes me like my velocity so much more at 20k less. 
I agree.  The Turbo S cars sold very well because everyone realized what a great deal it was for the $$.  IDK how much of a deal the Pro R is.  Let's not forget that Polaris has a horrible record of gen 1 cars.

They don’t need more travel in a 2 seat = more body roll. My ‘14 68” wide feels ‘safer’ when your turning it.. I have had it on 2 wheels twice and saved it… not so much with the higher Center of gravity…Velocity…

PS. I will add this was Due to driver error mostly…

EAE7B28A-E117-45B8-87AA-6E925D953A3E.png

Last edited by a moderator:
3199 base for the 2 seater.

Not as high as I thought it would be.

Kinda funny it is one dollar under the magic unicorn number of 32.

I like that they released two cars. 

A 74" to replace the Turbo S with a lot better car and the 225hp Pro R.  I think this car will be a decent value at the different price points. 

I will say it is funny they have addressed most of Robby's selling points with the added strength, double sheer, and what looks to be a good roll cage on the Pro R.  The tech on the top models went up several notches.  The top model with the live valve and being to do your own settings is pretty neat and Ride Command is always good. Being able to program pedal response is pretty cool.   Amazing how they happen to hit the 225hp mark. 

Pricing for the Pro R gets way up there.

https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-pro-r/features/

Kinda funny it is one dollar under the magic unicorn number of 32.
Also kind of funny how they hit the 225hp mark and double shear and added strength stuff.

The Ultimate at $37,999 is up there but you do get some good tech/features with that price tag.  

How many cc's is it, or what they claim anyways?
Pro R is a 2.0L 4 banger motor.  Problem is that car in a 4 seat model is going to be a heavy pig.  It will be 3,000lbs loaded up with 4 adults. 

Notice they have an Orange and Black model.  LOL!  Polaris is ruthless.  

Not a 4 seater guy, but the design of foldable/removable back seats with ready made storage containers is very slick.

1700 Altonater is also a nice touch.

Lots of bells and whistles for only 32 grand.

Very, very curious on how accessible the belt is for changing out purposes. Knowing polaris it most likely will be seamless 

Kinda surprised how deluxe it is for only 32

All I heard is "a wider longer belt"

Where is the shiftable transmission?. 

The Polaris video with Rutledge said the Pro R would not be available until early 2022 with the Turbo R available in the spring of 22. 

Curious how they can race them at the 1000 when not available to the public? 
Guessing they will be racing in the unlimited class or whatever SCORE calls that class these days.   Wayne Matlock has been racing the unlimited class all season.  Rumor was he was supposed to be racing the Pro R this season.   

I saw the Pro Turbo was spring 2022, but missed the Pro R as early 2022.  I would assume they will try to get them to the dealers by the end of January or early February.  

I think the Turbo R is going to be a nice car for the money.  You get the new suspension set up and better frame than the Turbo S and good hp at 181.  

At least when they release the 4 seater Can Am will not be the only one with a 130+" wheelbase.  LOL!

WHAT I missed that? Whats the wheelbase on the 4 seater?

I thought that was the biggest thing going for the RZR 4 seater crowd was clowning on Canam for was driving school buses.
LOL!    133".    

The XP Pro 4 seater is 126" wheelbase and the Pro R is a much bigger car. 

Back