New Polaris Pro R

The oem wheels are super cheesy, I'm told they are designed to give/break on impact to save the drivers hands, wrists, chest, etc.  Who knows?  But if they did have some cage strapped to them or something like that I could see them being damaged/stressed during transport.  They are just gonna throw a replacement cheesy wheel on there and call it good.  If they happen to have these extra wheels handy, and not stuck on some ship, or some slave labor factory in CHIII-NAH
Most will replace it with a better China wheel from (insert your wheel of choice).

A friend just picked up a 21' velocity yesterday in socal, it wasn't one of the stop ordered vins, and all the velocitys have the same oem cheesy chi-com plastic pos's the other models have, 3 spoke.  Not the spareco's.  Not sure on it being a vendor issue, I think it really was something to do with a shipping snafu.  
Correct... friend of mine is a Polaris dealer, depending on what position the tilt wheel was in, some wheels came in contact with overhead structure on transport equipment at some point in transit, deforming/bending the steering wheel. In the past, he had several new units that came in with steering wheels that were clearly damaged, were replaced under warranty before the units were sold.  Guess is, a dealer(s) straightened the steering wheel(s) rather than replacing... now structurally compromised, resulting in failure.  Nothing that Polaris did or didn't do... it's been suggested that with the influx of new transport drivers resulting from the "trucking shortage", real or contrived, inexperience (transporting UTV's) likely played into the damaged wheels.  Perhaps fatigue also comes into play... or maybe trying to stuff 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video is super cool....he did almost flat land that first jump though, but holy cow that was a cool video

Looks like a few more tubes then in the current Pro model, and the B pillar actually looks to connect to a  main structure using a connector, which is a bug improvement. But I still don’t see any triangulation. Nothing in the chassis or cage. Lots of stamped steel brackets. They are still ending the rear of the cage and mounting it to a stamped steel welded on tab. Why not just add another tube connector? Thats the stuff that’s frustrating to see. These companies claim big improvements but leaves things like this, that’s clearly not acceptable IMO. 

I circled in red the mounting point I’m talking about.

View attachment 17395
LOL! unacceptable is what Speed is doing to deposit holders. Can wait to see this car released. 

I hope Polaris releases a 4 seat.  Their teaser marketing strategy is sooooo frustrating.......

Polaris finally released pics of the frame.

250440615_5170159469665504_4917892195278461452_n.jpg

I bet the 4 seater is gonna be around 2500 pounds dry.  So basically the same weight as a Funco G52......Amazing how far these (SxS).  I still have a xp900 for my youngest daughter and that thing weighs around 950-1000 lbs.

I bet the 4 seater is gonna be around 2500 pounds dry.  So basically the same weight as a Funco G52......Amazing how far these (SxS).  I still have a xp900 for my youngest daughter and that thing weighs around 950-1000 lbs.
That little 900 weighs more in the 1300lbs range.  Even my Rhino back in the day was over 1000lbs. 

I am guessing a Funco G52 is closer to 3000lbs. 

Back