New Polaris Pro R

I am surprised there are not more recalls with questionable supply chain issues and who knows what the vendor threw together to get the part.  

Polaris is like a large auto manufacture and it seems recalls and stop/ride notices are part of the deal.  

Overloaded steering wheel is a new one.  The Turbo S has a Sparco wheel.  How the hell do you overload one of those?   

@NIKAL  maybe we should start a pool on how long it takes for the first recall on the Pro R.  LOL!

Another day, another stop ride/stop sell. I've often wondered how much testing they do before they sell these things. Apparently not enough to catch these problems. How the hell do you overload a steering wheel?

How would testing show an overloaded steering wheel?  They put them on a scale and if they weigh too much they are sent to fat camp?  LMAO!!!! 

I want to know how Polaris determined the steering wheels were overloaded in shipping.  Last time I saw a Polaris in a crate at dealer I do not remember anything being strapped to the wheel.  

I am surprised there are not more recalls with questionable supply chain issues and who knows what the vendor threw together to get the part.  

Polaris is like a large auto manufacture and it seems recalls and stop/ride notices are part of the deal.  

Overloaded steering wheel is a new one.  The Turbo S has a Sparco wheel.  How the hell do you overload one of those?   

@NIKAL  maybe we should start a pool on how long it takes for the first recall on the Pro R.  LOL!
Not sure if the velocity has the Sparco wheel.  And the 2 of the 3 models they list have the cheap chi-com plastic spoked wheel.  Plus I have a few friends with the velocity and none of them have the sparco wheels, their models are not the newer ones though

Last edited by a moderator:
How would testing show an overloaded steering wheel?  They put them on a scale and if they weigh too much they are sent to fat camp?  LMAO!!!! 

I want to know how Polaris determined the steering wheels were overloaded in shipping.  Last time I saw a Polaris in a crate at dealer I do not remember anything being strapped to the wheel.  
Really?

If properly tested, the steering wheel weakness could have been discovered, instead of having them fail during shipping. I don't know what could happen to them in shipping that is more stressful than when they're being driven, but having your steering wheel fail before you even drive the thing shouldn't fill you with a whole lot of confidence in the quality of your new toy.

Oh wait, you bought another CanAm to replace the first one that fell apart, then replaced most of it before driving it. No wonder your expectations are so low.

Did you remember to replace your steering wheel?

:lol:

Hell I’ve replaced the steering wheel on both of my SXS’s XP900 and the X3. I’ve noticed they both flexed a ton with my driving style.  

Really?

If properly tested, the steering wheel weakness could have been discovered, instead of having them fail during shipping. I don't know what could happen to them in shipping that is more stressful than when they're being driven, but having your steering wheel fail before you even drive the thing shouldn't fill you with a whole lot of confidence in the quality of your new toy.

Oh wait, you bought another CanAm to replace the first one that fell apart, then replaced most of it before driving it. No wonder your expectations are so low.

Did you remember to replace your steering wheel?

:lol:
LOL!  Actually I do have a new steering wheel that I have not put on yet.  I liked Humpty Dumpty as a kid, maybe that is why I went back to Can Am.  LMAO!!!!

It is not like every single steering wheel is having the issue.   The recall only effects a certain number of cars.   Those steering wheels are used on multiple cars. 

The only way I could see a steering wheel getting damaged during shipping is if some how the dissembled cages pieces were tied down catching the wheel.  Even then you would think the people packing  them would see it.   Sounds like Polaris is being nice to a vendor that gave them a bad batch of wheels.    

Looks like Polaris is giving some more glimpse into the Pro R.  Here are a few screen shots I grabbed from the latest teaser video.

Looks like they added some beef up front:

pror1.png

Oh and it looks like RJ was running stock a-arms and trailing arms on his Pro R in the video.  The a-arms in the screen shot sure look like the same ones that were on RJ's car.

pror2.png

What about specs?

What's the track width? How much travel? I mean real travel.
Patience, that will be revealed on 11/9.  These are teaser videos to give small glimpse and to keep up the hype.  

My guess is 78"-80" wide and suspension will be in the 20"-24" range (actual numbers, not tire squish numbers).

I do want to see a full frame cut away to see what they did. 

A friend just picked up a 21' velocity yesterday in socal, it wasn't one of the stop ordered vins, and all the velocitys have the same oem cheesy chi-com plastic pos's the other models have, 3 spoke.  Not the spareco's.  Not sure on it being a vendor issue, I think it really was something to do with a shipping snafu.  

Patience, that will be revealed on 11/9.  These are teaser videos to give small glimpse and to keep up the hype.  

My guess is 78"-80" wide and suspension will be in the 20"-24" range (actual numbers, not tire squish numbers).

I do want to see a full frame cut away to see what they did. 

image.png

A friend just picked up a 21' velocity yesterday in socal, it wasn't one of the stop ordered vins, and all the velocitys have the same oem cheesy chi-com plastic pos's the other models have, 3 spoke.  Not the spareco's.  Not sure on it being a vendor issue, I think it really was something to do with a shipping snafu.  
I guess by going to the plastic wheel it lowers the cost on the Velocity.  No matter the Sparco wheel on the other Turbo S model is not that great anyway.

My only guess on how they could of damaged the steering wheel is if they somehow managed to squish the cage pieces on it. 

I've un-crated New OHV. You get it all in the smallest package possible.

All this means it the Steering wheel, shaft or portion of the steering was jammed up somehow. It happens.

post-393906-0-65708000-1403133126.jpg

The oem wheels are super cheesy, I'm told they are designed to give/break on impact to save the drivers hands, wrists, chest, etc.  Who knows?  But if they did have some cage strapped to them or something like that I could see them being damaged/stressed during transport.  They are just gonna throw a replacement cheesy wheel on there and call it good.  If they happen to have these extra wheels handy, and not stuck on some ship, or some slave labor factory in CHIII-NAH

I've un-crated New OHV. You get it all in the smallest package possible.

All this means it the Steering wheel, shaft or portion of the steering was jammed up somehow. It happens.

That reminds of the how that guy on the show That's Incredible would squeeze into a box

Back