Motorhome Life

Found a company to haul it. They can't get it on the trailer. Moho isn't running anymore. Took it to the dealer running. Now it's a part. Should I demand them to get it running again? Or EFF IT and have them box up the parts. Less labor. Peace 

AMAZING!!! Once I started contacting people to prepare this Moho to Leave Wagner Power Equipment in ALB NM, I received a call from Paul in Aurora, Colo. He's going to take a look at the quote and see what he can do. HE wants to repair the engine and not have it towed. I told him $24k was WAAAYYY too much. And CAT should cover the costs! He agreed. Said to call the 800 number and start bitching at CAT. He totally agrees the engine shouldn't have this problem. Interesting. Peace

AMAZING!!! Once I started contacting people to prepare this Moho to Leave Wagner Power Equipment in ALB NM, I received a call from Paul in Aurora, Colo. He's going to take a look at the quote and see what he can do. HE wants to repair the engine and not have it towed. I told him $24k was WAAAYYY too much. And CAT should cover the costs! He agreed. Said to call the 800 number and start bitching at CAT. He totally agrees the engine shouldn't have this problem. Interesting. Peace
Ugh.  Sounds similar to what I dealt with at Ford.  Had to start calling up the chain to people who care about how the business appears to get results.  I don't understand the mentality of a lot of people these days.

Did they give you a quote ahead of time on R&R of the head?  If you signed off on it, that's what you're liable for.  If they have a $0 estimate, you're liable for nothing.  

Just talked with Grant @ Corp CAT and he said debris got into the line. "Faulty Spray Jet". And he said 25% was all they were going to cover and HUNG UP on me by the end of the conversation. Maybe I shouldn't have told him the 3216 has a reputation like the PLAGUE! Avoid that engine at all costs! Peace

Ugh.  Sounds similar to what I dealt with at Ford.  Had to start calling up the chain to people who care about how the business appears to get results.  I don't understand the mentality of a lot of people these days.

Did they give you a quote ahead of time on R&R of the head?  If you signed off on it, that's what you're liable for.  If they have a $0 estimate, you're liable for nothing.  

All they have done is diagnose the problem. I only filled out Contact Info when I left it with them. Peace

All they have done is diagnose the problem. I only filled out Contact Info when I left it with them. Peace
Not sure what the BAR laws in NM are, but the lack of cost means you shouldn't liable for anything there. Sucks you still have to reassemble the motor due to incompetence, but they're probably going "whoa" on everything because you have the leverage and refused to take it in the shorts.

Question is: if they do end up backing down to a reasonable cost, will you still have it repaired there?

Just talked with Grant @ Corp CAT and he said debris got into the line. "Faulty Spray Jet". And he said 25% was all they were going to cover and HUNG UP on me by the end of the conversation. Maybe I shouldn't have told him the 3216 has a reputation like the PLAGUE! Avoid that engine at all costs! Peace
Seems like the dealer misdiagnosed the problem and should put the head back on for no charge, clear the debris for charge, and let you go on your merry way.

Eric is an awesome dude and a duner too, I'm sure he'd take care of daChEFF if it comes to that.  Of course, depending on route IDK if that RV can be transported, even on a lowboy.  Most Class As are 13-ish feet tall, which is why any you see "brand new" out here on the West Coast have 2k+ miles on them: they drive them out because they're too tall to transport.  This is also why when you see them getting towed, the wrecker grabs under the front axle but lifts it as little as possible and they remove the driveshaft and tow it on the ground.  Now, I'm sure there's SOME way to get a downed RV back on a trailer, perhaps through special permit and careful route planning, but IDK.

-TJ

The stuff we have hauled around is typically over the magic number for highway over passes.  Our guy will just "ramp it", as he calls it.  If the overpass is too low, he'll take the off/on ramp around it.  Takes more time though.

My truck broke one year on way home from Glamis and I had a tow company come out and get it, and me. Truck with cabover and enclosed trailer on a low deck. It was 15' 8" tall. I asked driver and was told that "tow companies do not have to abide  rules and are exempt. You just have to be aware and prepared for what's in your route.

QUOTE to repair arrived today. Went from $24,000 (+tax) to $12,000 (+tax). Asked them to include 6 new injectors. Thats over and above the 12k. Should I let them do the additional injectors?  Poule said it best.....Think of it like this.........It's a "SHIIT SANDWICH!" Eat it. Taste terrible but.......That's why they call it a "SHIIT SANDWICH!"  Peace 

QUOTE to repair arrived today. Went from $24,000 (+tax) to $12,000 (+tax). Asked them to include 6 new injectors. Thats over and above the 12k. Should I let them do the additional injectors?  Poule said it best.....Think of it like this.........It's a "SHIIT SANDWICH!" Eat it. Taste terrible but.......That's why they call it a "SHIIT SANDWICH!"  Peace 
Do they then give a 12mo warranty on repairs or any kind of warranty?

You will be hard pressed to duplicate that motor home for 12K / It is dialed in and Beautiful......The taxes / registration and "dial it in $$$ on a new one will be 2X that amount PLUS the cost of the coach........For What? .....

You are NOT rv park campers.....You use it at MX races and Football and Desert......That coach is PERFECT for what you do!!!!

Fix it and enjoy it for another 10 years!!!!

See if they will give you a loaner if you do the repair and head to Glamis tomorrow!!!!

CheFF, I want to throw up for you....This really sucks.  With that said, I think at this point I would probably do it.  You will be hard pressed to beat that number (I believe), and it will finally be done and you can put it behind you. 

I would only do it with warranty verification, as you will obviously never be back there again.

$12K you loose that playing Golf with Esco in a weekend.  I would want go over the warranty letter before I wrote the check though.  

I just had to pay 12k to replace my sewer line from my house to the street, that is truly eating a chit sandwich.  Pay it, don't lose sleep and move on with your life, needs to be fixed either way.

Back