Honda Talons - Let’s see them

I took some good advice from my son on these tires. 
So it just wasn’t a cool name and logo. 
Although I do agree with you, Crusty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A little follow up to me hitting a rock back in August. I don’t have a real bad dent and only a slight bend to the lower A arm, but decided I should replace it. 
So after some research I’m going with the S3 high clearance lower A arms. 

02SQ__01140.1590185095.jpg

I’ve decided to go with the Jackson Racing turbo kit. 
I weighed the pros and cons and believe it’s the best decision for me and my Talon.  
Thanks for all of the info from everyone. 

My Buddy ordered his 4 seat Talon live Valve it was suppose to be here first of Oct now they are saying it wont ship till Oct 28th

My Buddy ordered his 4 seat Talon live Valve it was suppose to be here first of Oct now they are saying it wont ship till Oct 28th
That’s a shame. But with all the delays in the world right now, I’m not surprised. At least he will have it for most of the season. 
Will he be getting a turbo for it?

That’s a shame. But with all the delays in the world right now, I’m not surprised. At least he will have it for most of the season. 
Will he be getting a turbo for it?
With Shipping delays and the Labor shortage resulting in low QC and lower factory support for warranty issues I am not sure I would want to be waiting on any new machine, Unless it was the Speed Car that will be perfect RG said so....

Reactions: FOG
With Shipping delays and the Labor shortage resulting in low QC and lower factory support for warranty issues I am not sure I would want to be waiting on any new machine, Unless it was the Speed Car that will be perfect RG said so....
I hear you. I’ve been waiting it seems like forever on a part for my mountain bike. 
At least I have my Talon with a Turbo for this season. 

In case the Talon owners here don't frequent the Talon forums, there have been a couple that cracked/broke frame spars near the rear sway bar, and my buddy's actually broke the tab where the saddle mounts to the frame. Keep an eye out as you do your service and inspections.

• Thanks
In case the Talon owners here don't frequent the Talon forums, there have been a couple that cracked/broke frame spars near the rear sway bar, and my buddy's actually broke the tab where the saddle mounts to the frame. Keep an eye out as you do your service and inspections.
Thanks for the info. 
Can you be a little bit more specific about the location of the cracks?

Maybe some pictures would be helpful to me and others. 

Are the cracks on both the four seat and two seat models? 
The X or R versions or both?

Thanks for the info. 
Can you be a little bit more specific about the location of the cracks?

Maybe some pictures would be helpful to me and others. 

Are the cracks on both the four seat and two seat models? 
The X or R versions or both?

35784.jpeg

i-VNrR49B-XL.jpg

IMG_20211013_172652789-XL.jpg

The photo with the failed mount is my buddy's R. I believe the one with the broken and cracked frame spars is also an R. As you can see, they both are running an Eibach swaybar.  Neither was wrecked or rolled.

• Thanks
Interesting it broke right @ the end of the gusset. 

Looks like the Eibach sway bar is too stiff for the components that hold and secure it.

View attachment 16663

View attachment 16664

View attachment 16665

The photo with the failed mount is my buddy's R. I believe the one with the broken and cracked frame spars is also an R. As you can see, they both are running an Eibach swaybar.  Neither was wrecked or rolled.
Thanks again for info and pictures. 
Do you know of any other failures like this using the stock sway bar?

Did your buddy contact Eibach?  What did they have to say about it?

Thanks again for info and pictures. 
Do you know of any other failures like this using the stock sway bar?

Did your buddy contact Eibach?  What did they have to say about it?
There was mention of other failures having happened, but no details.

He did not contact Eibach. He is an old off road racer, and beefed it up.

I agree for sure that the sway bar contributed to it, but it sure seems like Mr. Honda could have done a little better in that area. 

• Thanks
There was mention of other failures having happened, but no details.

He did not contact Eibach. He is an old off road racer, and beefed it up.

I agree for sure that the sway bar contributed to it, but it sure seems like Mr. Honda could have done a little better in that area. 
I’m just wondering what needs to be beefed up on the Talon. 
I know Honda/Proctor Racing has been racing the Talon for a couple of years now. Both of the Talons, with the Jackson turbos, finished the King of the Hammers and won some desert races. What are they adding to make the Talon competitive?

Back