Honda Talons - Let’s see them

I finished my maiden voyage/ trip with the Honda Talon this week and I consider it a huge success.

I took it through sand dunes, the beach, hardpack, river bed and water, over rocks and trees, in the bushes and up challenging mountain trails. 
I put over 470 miles on the Talon and hit a top speed of 75 mph. I know that top speed is limited and I’ll have to see about changing that. 
I got some winch time and experience but didn’t get to do the Rubicon because of the Caldor fire. That’ll go on the bucket list. 
Sea level to over 8,000 feet and the Talon always ran great. No hiccups, no issues, and not one broken belt. lol 😆 Had to get that one in there.  
Very happy with the overall performance and handling.  I really enjoyed being able to paddle shift when I wanted to or just cruise and let the Talon do it’s thing in Sport mode. Launch control is pretty cool and I’ll be playing more with that in the future.

My Talon is officially broke in.  It’s now ready for a turbo and some paddles to start the Glamis season!

PS:  It also needs a bath. 

00BBB85C-3B46-4000-B927-02817EF2C814.jpeg

Thats Awesome FOG glad you are having fun with it..

Reactions: FOG
I have the Jackson turbo. It made a difference but not sure it was worth the 6k. There's a few company's getting close to launching theirs that you might want to hold off with the Jackson kit. 

I run the System III  SS360 sand tires and really like them. 

I have the Jackson turbo. It made a difference but not sure it was worth the 6k. There's a few company's getting close to launching theirs that you might want to hold off with the Jackson kit. 

Thanks for the advice Jim. 
I’ll have to check out those tires and turbo. 
Planning to spend some time at the Sand Show before I decide.   Also want to take a look at the Speed UTV. Just wish that thing didn’t have a belt. 

Still really like the 2 seater...but only a 4 would fit my family.

Still really like the 2 seater...but only a 4 would fit my family.
I remember those days when I needed something bigger for my family. 

CC03F972-51D9-4F75-B00E-048D56D3FE32.jpeg

Does anyone have experience with the “high clearance “ front lower A arms?

They are on my list for the SSSS tomorrow but I thought I would ask the experts here. 

I know KraftWerks is working on a kit.. who else is? I’ve been so focused on moving the shop over the last year that I haven’t had time to do much research on it. Definitely want to turbo mine at some point. Now that I put larger tires on it it’s lost a little bit of its  oomph!

I know KraftWerks is working on a kit.. who else is? I’ve been so focused on moving the shop over the last year that I haven’t had time to do much research on it. Definitely want to turbo mine at some point. Now that I put larger tires on it it’s lost a little bit of its  oomph!
This is the Company I recommend waiting for. The owner (Chad Deutsch)has been racing his Talon and working with PPEI on perfecting the tunes for his turbo kit. 

https://drpowersports.com/

This is the Company I recommend waiting for. The owner (Chad Deutsch)has been racing his Talon and working with PPEI on perfecting the tunes for his turbo kit. 

https://drpowersports.com/
I took a look at the link and didn’t see anything regarding a turbo for the Talon. 
Did I miss something?

I took a look at the link and didn’t see anything regarding a turbo for the Talon. 
Did I miss something?
I indicated it's not ready yet but worth waiting for. I posted the owners name and link to his shop in case you wanted to call and talk with him regarding when it will be ready.

I indicated it's not ready yet but worth waiting for. I posted the owners name and link to his shop in case you wanted to call and talk with him regarding when it will be ready.
Got it. Thanks. 
I’ll give them a call. 

Have a good friend who just put a deposit on a Talon 4 seat Live valve on Sunday..

Have a good friend who just put a deposit on a Talon 4 seat Live valve on Sunday..
That’s cool. Have him post some pictures once he gets it. 

Back