Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

Yes, my buddies rig was towed with the slide out. 

Both of us had our cars inside. I didn't strap mine and I doubt my buddy did either. Hoping there's no damage from that.
i didnt bother strapping my car down in my toyhauler i had. tires rubbed the door opening going in and out and was so tight in there it wasnt moving much if it did (which it never moved even towing to idaho). beside with how much my car weighed the tie down points wouldn't hold it anyways.

As mentioned before. Very happy to see this happening. Just maybe there will be a spot on gecko for a group of 4-5 rigs that pulls in on a Wednesday or Thursday??

Whoever is in charge please keep up the good work. 
I’m genuinely curious if you really can’t find a spot on gecko when you show up wed/thurs? it baffles me how many people say this but are you guys really trying? Or do you just go to the washes/flats, set up camp, then bitch and moan about gecko probably being full? 

if you can’t wedge yourself in somewhere along gecko road when you show up on a wed/thurs you either think you’re getting a whole pad to yourself or you simply aren't trying. Or you only go to Glamis on holiday weeks/weekends. I’ll admit that is a little trickier. 

but seriously… most weekends (every non-holiday) it is EXTREMELY doable to park along gecko especially if you’re showing up on a Wednesday. Sure, you may not get beach front at RR but if you can’t find a spot along gecko your expectations are too high or you’re not trying. 

:cheers:

I’m genuinely curious if you really can’t find a spot on gecko when you show up wed/thurs? it baffles me how many people say this but are you guys really trying? Or do you just go to the washes/flats, set up camp, then bitch and moan about gecko probably being full? 

if you can’t wedge yourself in somewhere along gecko road when you show up on a wed/thurs you either think you’re getting a whole pad to yourself or you simply aren't trying. Or you only go to Glamis on holiday weeks/weekends. I’ll admit that is a little trickier. 

but seriously… most weekends (every non-holiday) it is EXTREMELY doable to park along gecko especially if you’re showing up on a Wednesday. Sure, you may not get beach front at RR but if you can’t find a spot along gecko your expectations are too high or you’re not trying. 

I showed up last year in mid March (Thursday morning) and the only spots on gecko for 4-5 rigs were on Gecko loop, I cruised the entire road.  Every pad had empty rigs sitting there, some looking like they had been there since Tday.  This year it is quite different already.

You are 100% Wrong 😜

I’ll update Thursday afternoon when we roll in 😎. Can’t wait. Ready to dune………

If you get there Thursday on an off weekend you may find space for 1 person on a pad. And the guys are gonna give you the stink eye for stuffing in there. 

If you get there Thursday on an off weekend you may find space for 1 person on a pad. And the guys are gonna give you the stink eye for stuffing in there. 
Exactly. And then after giving the stink eye they go online and post about how ghost camping doesn't happen.

Exactly. And then after giving the stink eye they go online and post about how ghost camping doesn't happen.
I don’t know if they are necessarily ghosts. There are a few of those and it’s pretty obvious which ones those are. But it’s usually the spaced out fifth wheels. Just enough that stuffing in there is frowned upon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to visit RR this trip.. leaving Friday.. Does Ed (Poundsand) still roll there? He was ALWAYS there back in the day.. 

I have a busy off-road calendar filled with G.. KOH.. another Calico.. through April...  I hate looking at computer screens... and I don't like working... 

I'll say 'HI' to all you Ghost and Non-Ghost campers when I'm up there .. get some autographs maybe..

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
No.  The point is, you hedge your bets on what you can get away with.  I do shenanigans in BFE, not along the most crowded and patrolled portion of ISDRA.  
So it's only illegal if you get caught. Got it 

Rig or 2, sure.  But 4-5, not likely.  We used to go only off weekends and driven by miles and miles of rigs with no real break.  Late in the season, sure.  December/January?  Nope.  Just not gonna happen.  

Like I said earlier in the thread: if you drive by miles of campers with chairs out, kids running around, etc, no big deal.  When a significant percentage of the rigs (1/3?) are empty, aggravating.

So it's only illegal if you get caught. Got it 
Confucius say: If tree fall in forest, and no one hear, does it make sound?

He also say: man who fart in church, sit in own pew. :biggrin:

26 pages to debate if we can or can't follow the rules set by BLM. We of all people should be the role models for others to follow. We should set the example and maybe, just maybe others would soon follow our lead. After all, dunning is one big follow the other guy. 

26 pages to debate if we can or can't follow the rules set by BLM. We of all people should be the role models for others to follow. We should set the example and maybe, just maybe others would soon follow our lead. After all, dunning is one big follow the other guy. 

Someone has to Lead. Peace

Donny, please... 

Back