Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

Sooooo many ghost campers this weekend along Gecko.

Middle of RRE was 100% open Wednesday afternoon.  We grabbed our 6 spots for our group.

Left on Saturday about 5pm and Gecko was PACKED everywhere.

By mid day Thursday last week, Gecko was pretty full.  Crazy for an off weekend in March. We looked at Pad 3,4 and 5.......ended up at Pad 2.

Dunes and busy areas like Olds were dead.................no idea where everyone was at.  Dunes were amazing though.
It was a trip seeing Gecko pretty full on an off-weekend.  The dunes were pretty empty, but it did not take long for the dunes around Osborne to Olds to get tracked up after the wind stopped.  Weather was great all weekend.  

That dune on pad 4 is a pretty good one. I would say foot and a half deep.

View attachment 28045
It was at least 2' deep this weekend.  My friend got to off-road his motorhome and test out his new shocks on that Pad 4 dune.  LOL!  Once Dave left we shuffled the camp around and got my friend's motorhome on the street side on the pad itself.   It was fun watching him try to plow through that dune.  I ended up moving his enclosed trailer with my truck.  Heavy ass enclosed trailer for my F150.  I dragged some of the dune with me.  We missed you out there!  

It was a trip seeing Gecko pretty full on an off-weekend.  The dunes were pretty empty, but it did not take long for the dunes around Osborne to Olds to get tracked up after the wind stopped.  Weather was great all weekend.  
In the big dunes, the whoops are so much better now, the wind did smooth them out some.

In the big dunes, the whoops are so much better now, the wind did smooth them out some.
I agree the whoops in the big dunes were a lot better.  Even at Olds the whoops were filled in more making them much better. 

Back