Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

I thought everyone knew everyone there as they spend so much time together.  Just offer some Grey Poupon and ask them politely.  LOL!!!

I was kidding by the way.  

When I first started going to Glamis we would camp on Gecko.  It was rowdy back then and nonstop noise all night long.  
Yeah, I know you were j/k.  But I think there are those that assume EVERYONE on RR is camped together.  I'd say on a given trip I know like 60% of the people, but there are still 40% that are different/new at any time. 

-TJ

Richard, camping on gecko is easy. Show up Friday after work on any weekend other than thanksgiving, NY and Presidents’ Day and get it where you fit it :thumb:

Hmmm, I think you forgot about two to three weeks prior to Thanksgiving.

I thought everyone knew everyone there as they spend so much time together.  Just offer some Grey Poupon and ask them politely.  LOL!!!

I was kidding by the way.  

When I first started going to Glamis we would camp on Gecko.  It was rowdy back then and nonstop noise all night long.  
lol. Good one.

Hope they keep up with whatever they are doing. Pulled in at 1pm on Wednesday and there were spots available on EVERY pad and Roadrunner had plenty of camping also.

Pad 2 is/was wide open. I like it..

You mean actually enforcing the laws on the books?  Who would have thunk it  ? ? ?

It's amazing how well that worked, once they finally did something about it. They could have done this years ago.

Maybe the were paid by Redbull to leave so the racers can have spots to camps.  LOL!

Hope they keep up with whatever they are doing. Pulled in at 1pm on Wednesday and there were spots available on EVERY pad and Roadrunner had plenty of camping also.

Pad 2 is/was wide open. I like it..

View attachment 20595
I think this is the point that people have been making, you should be able to pull up on a non holiday Wednesday and get a spot.  Pulling up on a Friday night is a different situation.  Good job Pat, nice seeing you momentarily on Tday weekend.

I think this is the point that people have been making, you should be able to pull up on a non holiday Wednesday and get a spot.  Pulling up on a Friday night is a different situation.  Good job Pat, nice seeing you momentarily on Tday weekend.
Yep.  Showing up Friday night and seeing a bunch of camps with fires, toys parked everywhere, people hanging out, and lights on?  Bummer.

Showing up on Wednesday, December 15th, and driving up/down Gecko only to see mile after mile of empty/dark campers with no toys and not a single person anywhere....?

lebowski-sobchak.gif

Yep.  Showing up Friday night and seeing a bunch of camps with fires, toys parked everywhere, people hanging out, and lights on?  Bummer.

Showing up on Wednesday, December 15th, and driving up/down Gecko only to see mile after mile of empty/dark campers with no toys and not a single person anywhere....?

Agree on that one thing to see spots used that people beat you too. The vacant empty is bullchit. 

last year I went on a Wednesday like 1.5 week after t day got there just after dark found spot on pad 2 pretty easy though thurs night really started filling up woke up fri morn with a guy parked very close to back of my trailer. 

Headed out next Thursday morning. Hoping to find a spot somewhere along the road. Just me this trip so only need 60 ft of real estate. Don’t feel like doing the washes and risk getting stuck without our camping group to help. 

20 pages of adults bitching like little babies that someone took their spot they have never tried to camp in. This is unreal. Just go to roadrunner or a spot on gecko and park. Even when it’s busy just ask your fellow duners if you can slide in. I’ve done it a million times. Be kind, ask if people can shuffle around so you can squeeze in. I promise it’s all good. Coming on this forum calling out Blm, gecko folks, roadrunner folks is going about it all wrong. whatever intentions all you people have is bad for EVERYONE in the long run. There is room for everyone in the dunes. We are all friends and duners let’s keep it that way! Zero reason for hostility or bashing. Each and every family has their own way of making it out to the dunes, either coming a bit early, or a bit late. If you are late you still had as much fun as the early birds. Causing drama and hoping for law enforcement to smoke a fellow duner for camping and enjoying dunes for a few extra days sucks. I camp all over so no skin in this. But we watch people leave insane amounts of trash, light illegal fireworks, play hibachi music until 4am, fight, drugs, speed in camp?? But we want to call our people on 5 miles of road that probably have more respect for this place we call “our dunes” than any of the visitors that come out here? Come on ladies and gents, let’s be bigger than this and not draw so much attention to the little things. We need this place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back