Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

DEVELOPED CAMPGROUNDS

At many locations the BLM provides developed facilities for camping. Campgrounds may include a variety of facilities, such as restrooms, potable water, electrical hookups, picnic areas, garbage cans, tent pads and group shelters. However, many campgrounds do not have all of these amenities and may only have a picnic table and fire ring. Make sure to check the campground’s website or call the appropriate field office when planning your trip.

Permits, Fees and Limitations:

• Most BLM campgrounds require a fee to use a campground. These fees help maintain the facilities. Selecting a campsite is usually on a first come first serve basis. However, some campgrounds take reservations which can be made at recreation.gov. Please obey all posted rules specific to the campground and keep the following in mind.
  • Fee sites vary in price. Please check the campground’s website or call the local field office for details.
  • Camping stay limits vary by location but are generally about two weeks within a month period.
  • Pay camp fee within 30 minutes of occupying a site.
  • A campsite is rented ONLY once it has been paid in full with the pay-stub properly completed and displayed on site and the site is occupied by campers.
  • Do not leave personal property unattended for more than 72 hours.
  • Due to adverse weather, many campgrounds are only seasonally available. Make sure to check if the campground is open before planning your trip.

Glamis is considered developed, not dispersed. 
The fee we pay for our dune pass is a recreation fee, not a camping fee. 

RECREATION PERMIT. A permit is required for all primary street legal vehicles used for transportation to the recreation site (unless exempted by P.L. 108-447). Permits must be purchased and visibly displayed in the windshield with the date side facing out upon arrival to ISDRA. Permits are non-refundable.

https://www.blm.gov/visit/imperial-sand-dunes/rules-and-regulations

its states again “CAMPING LIMITATIONS. A 14 day camping limit is in effect in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I solved my own issue and picked up another rig. 14 days in the toy hauler- shuffle to storage and swap her out for the moho. Rinse and repeat. Suck it, tom.  :231:

Carry on ladies :dancer:  
So you pulled the trigger? 

I got to think some of those guys in the estates are hard working dudes. Down to earth and humble. Would never come on a glamis forum and blatantly give the finger to other duners. 
You are right. But how quick they are to bash rr diners. Weird how that works

Yes, boast how to f the rules and the rest of people wishing to camp on Gecko.

So you pulled the trigger? 
Heading to Indio tmrw 

So much behind the scenes for this you missed man. Glad I was there to hear Walt talk sh!t that night. Love that guy! It made me call Balin and tell him what is what. 
I just want daddy to love me again 

Keep flaunting that you know how to get around the rules and a Reservation System will soon follow.

So keep it up Ladies in the end it's going to be your foot you end up shooting.
It was a joke big guy. My bank won’t let me finance the toy hauler, sand car and moho so I’ll have to sell the toy hauler :lol:  

Okay, here comes the unpopular opinion and controversy, but I think that's what this thread is for, right? 

Personally, I do wish they'd enforce the Fireworks rule at least somewhat.  Just like other things in G, it's escalated and escalated 'til it's just gotten ridiculous.  It's every damn night.  It doesn't matter if it's a Wednesday on an off-week in Oct it sounds like a warzone all damn night. 

I'd say about 50% of people that go to G have dogs, and about 90% of dogs hate fireworks.  It makes it miserable for those people, and/or they just let their dogs suffer.  

Honestly, it's one of the things that has soured Melissa and I on spending the amount of time we used to in G.  Now, on New Years, I get it.  We just make sure we're not there for NY, or at least Melissa and the dogs aren't.  But it's every single night.  It gets to be where we know we can't walk the dogs or take them out to piss 'n chit after the sun begins to dip.  

Also, people don't even take 'em out of camp anymore.  I've done plenty of fireworks at G and Pismo, but we rode down to the canal or rode a dune in back when I was doing that.  These days people light 'em off right in camp and don't give a chit about burning people's chit.  

Okay, that's my unpopular opinion/rant over, and I recognize I'm a massive hypocrite cuz I got drunk last season and told my buddy to shoot fireballs with his McLaren (though, I did walk around RR the next day and apologize, lol).  Let the drama ensue... 

-TJ
I agree with this completely.   The fireworks are out of control.

I agree with this completely.   The fireworks are out of control.
I am also over the fireworks.  I was one of those people that used to light them all of the time, now I see it as another way to litter the dunes with trash.  Then add to what they do to my dog, they are nothing more than a nuisance to society.

I am also over the fireworks.  I was one of those people that used to light them all of the time, now I see it as another way to litter the dunes with trash.  Then add to what they do to my dog, they are nothing more than a nuisance to society.
Makes ya wonder a little if we are we just turning into old bitter people?   Nah.   I still haul ass in the dunes. 🙂

Okay, here comes the unpopular opinion and controversy, but I think that's what this thread is for, right? 

Personally, I do wish they'd enforce the Fireworks rule at least somewhat.  Just like other things in G, it's escalated and escalated 'til it's just gotten ridiculous.  It's every damn night.  It doesn't matter if it's a Wednesday on an off-week in Oct it sounds like a warzone all damn night. 

I'd say about 50% of people that go to G have dogs, and about 90% of dogs hate fireworks.  It makes it miserable for those people, and/or they just let their dogs suffer.  

Honestly, it's one of the things that has soured Melissa and I on spending the amount of time we used to in G.  Now, on New Years, I get it.  We just make sure we're not there for NY, or at least Melissa and the dogs aren't.  But it's every single night.  It gets to be where we know we can't walk the dogs or take them out to piss 'n chit after the sun begins to dip.  

Also, people don't even take 'em out of camp anymore.  I've done plenty of fireworks at G and Pismo, but we rode down to the canal or rode a dune in back when I was doing that.  These days people light 'em off right in camp and don't give a chit about burning people's chit.  

Okay, that's my unpopular opinion/rant over, and I recognize I'm a massive hypocrite cuz I got drunk last season and told my buddy to shoot fireballs with his McLaren (though, I did walk around RR the next day and apologize, lol).  Let the drama ensue... 

-TJ
Why not just ask the residents to knock off the fire works.  Kind of funny they are lighting fireworks in an area that it easy pickings for the rangers to figure out where they are coming from.  Here I thought Roadrunner Estates was quiet all the time.

My dog does not get freaked out about fireworks.  

Why not just ask the residents to knock off the fire works.  Kind of funny they are lighting fireworks in an area that it easy pickings for the rangers to figure out where they are coming from.  Here I thought Roadrunner Estates was quiet all the time.

My dog does not get freaked out about fireworks.  
Often it's several different camps.  The folks that camp directly with us in our group take the fireworks out of camp, they're not the problem.  I'm not going to go around to a dozen different camps looking for a punch in the toof.  

-TJ

Often it's several different camps.  The folks that camp directly with us in our group take the fireworks out of camp, they're not the problem.  I'm not going to go around to a dozen different camps looking for a punch in the toof.  

-TJ
I thought everyone knew everyone there as they spend so much time together.  Just offer some Grey Poupon and ask them politely.  LOL!!!

I was kidding by the way.  

When I first started going to Glamis we would camp on Gecko.  It was rowdy back then and nonstop noise all night long.  

Keep flaunting that you know how to get around the rules and a Reservation System will soon follow.

So keep it up Ladies in the end it's going to be your foot you end up shooting.
A lot of wisdom in this statement. It won’t take much for the overlords to just say screw it and take the path of least resistance.

Back