Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

I have no problem with BLM enforcing the rules and towing rigs, my point was simply that unless it's amotorhome they don't have to be opened up to tow them. 
Why would you have to open a MH to tow it?

Why would you have to open a MH to tow it?
well, unless you're going to climb under it and unhook the driveline, which is hard to do on a pusher you have to be able to at least take off the parking brake... 

I don't get why people on this board are cheering their fellow duners getting ticketed and 'towed'. I'm never happy to see my fellow duners getting lit up by BLM, in camp or in the dunes. 
Cause those "fellow duners"  are AHOLES who abuse the rules and the system and pretty much say F U to the rest of the duners... we have money so FU and your camping....guess what....people don't give a chit about them either. This is a legitimate law enforcement role.   You have to pander to them....we don't. 

What could be more secure than leaving it LOCKED UP? :dunno:  And again, I agree they should not have been left unattended, but you don't have to unlock and rifle through them to tow them.  Well, ok if it's a truck or Moho then you'd have to unlock it but still, you get the point about the trailers :lol:  
The fact that a towing company can easily open the locked door with a master key proves that locking it up is the least secure method. The most secure method is to BE THERE.

Sorry, but he deserved to get towed.

Oh you read it. Not responding is the smartest thing you've done in this thread, especially considering you are guilty of doing what everyone is complaining about. Does this mean you are going to start looking at things from a perspective that doesn't necessarily benefit only you and yore customers who pay you to work on their sand cars?

The fact that a towing company can easily open the locked door with a master key proves that locking it up is the least secure method. The most secure method is to BE THERE.

Sorry, but he deserved to get towed.
LOL!   Master key for the win.   

Cause those "fellow duners"  are AHOLES who abuse the rules and the system and pretty much say F U to the rest of the duners... we have money so FU and your camping....guess what....people don't give a chit about them either. This is a legitimate law enforcement role.   You have to pander to them....we don't. 

Right on the money, great post! The "Elite" believe that what is public land actually belongs to them as some sort of birthright.  To then turn around and condemn those who are trying to force Johnny Law to enforce the actual law is a real special type of hypocrisy. 

well, unless you're going to climb under it and unhook the driveline, which is hard to do on a pusher you have to be able to at least take off the parking brake... 
We'll stick to pushers (or at least something with air brakes), since I'd imagine that's 99% of the MH that are ghosting...

Removing the driveline isn't really necessary, and any heavy wrecker that is worth a chit would have the T bolts to cage the brakes.  Heavy duty transmissions, like a 3000 series Allison for instance, don't have "park".

We'll stick to pushers (or at least something with air brakes), since I'd imagine that's 99% of the MH that are ghosting...

Removing the driveline isn't really necessary, and any heavy wrecker that is worth a chit would have the T bolts to cage the brakes.  Heavy duty transmissions, like a 3000 series Allison for instance, don't have "park".
Are you saying you think 99% of "ghost campers" are MHs, or just 99 of the MHs that are ghost camping have air brakes?  The former I would strongly disagree with, it's actually mostly toy haulers.  The later, I would still disagree, but you're closer.  Most Gas Class As have juice brakes, and a LOT (perhaps majority?) of the RVs I see ghosting are Gasser As or Cs.  Now, if we're talking about people actually *there*, sure a higher % are DPs...

-TJ

I don't get why people on this board are cheering their fellow duners getting ticketed and 'towed'. I'm never happy to see my fellow duners getting lit up by BLM, in camp or in the dunes. 
You're cool with douchebags side hill wheeling Olds on a holiday weekend too then, right?

Are you saying you think 99% of "ghost campers" are MHs, or just 99 of the MHs that are ghost camping have air brakes?  The former I would strongly disagree with, it's actually mostly toy haulers.  The later, I would still disagree, but you're closer.  Most Gas Class As have juice brakes, and a LOT (perhaps majority?) of the RVs I see ghosting are Gasser As or Cs.  Now, if we're talking about people actually *there*, sure a higher % are DPs...

-TJ
Just MH.  His comment was about needing to get into them to tow.  Which seeing the RV company out there becomes a non-issue.

Just MH.  His comment was about needing to get into them to tow.  Which seeing the RV company out there becomes a non-issue.
Yeah, they just need to get in to retract slides.  Juice brake rigs still have mechanical parking brakes that can be released without getting into the rig.  Air brakes def can be released externally.  Then there's the driveshaft as already mentioned.

What would really worry me if it was my rig, would be how they're "securing" any of the chit inside the rig before bringing in slides and towing it off... but then my coach isn't there so not an issue for me.

-TJ

You just don't get it and I guess never will. 
It's not that he doesn't get it,he doesn't care. He gets away with it for what has to be close to 10 years or more, so F you and stop complaining. He only obeys rules he chooses to and breaks the ones he can. Leaving his rig on Roadrunner all season is the lest of the laws he ignors. He a bitchin guy and your not, in his mind. 

There it's fix, thanks TJ. 

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK, I think the person calling other grown men "bitch" on an internet forum might actually be the bi...

-TJ
Well I meant to type Bitchin, I'll correct that. Nice of you as a fellow Roadrunner elitist to point that out. 

Thanks 

This is what you call rubbing it in. Break the law and gloat about it, classy move.

Screenshot_20211105-160511_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not one single trailer or RV was towed from Glamis today. A still picture of a Dodge PU and 5th wheel on a tow truck was convincing but that same truck/trailer has been here for 3 weeks. Where are the videos on social media of everyone being towed today? I'll wait... 
IMAGINE THAT?  

In this case, they were contracted by the BLM to open the rigs and secure them. The BLM had the legal right to do so and J&M was authorized to do it.

The alternative was for the owner to actually be in Glamis.
Oh that's aces. Now they can sue the BLM including the tow company.   :laugh1:
Obviously there are no real attorneys in here. There are a lot of variables involved with an incident like this. A lot of the stuff I've been reading just doesn't add up. But what do I know? I do know that this "Aggression will not Stand" ....man 😂

Logging off for a few days. I'll check back next week. Sitting in camp now and have not seen a single BLM all day. Strange.

View attachment 18062
Live it up there brother, don't worry about the 50 law abiding folks that may have driven by your camp site SLOWLY while your rig sat abandoned for days on end.  Fortunate for you they didn't take matters into their own hands.

By the way, may want to pay some attention to that dark mark on your left foot.  Could be pre-diabetes or worse.

Back