Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

Will it hurt J&M towing? The small number of people that do the ghostcamping crap are pretty much hated by 98-99%. I don't see being contracted to open and secured rigs so they can be towed as a bad PR policy. 
J&M are contracted to tow, not to break in... that was my point.

I would ask that you do sir, it's more and more like effing CNN around here every day... only perspective and no actual facts.
It would as the only person that says it didn't happen keeps his stuff out there all season and is anything but honest. His rig is even in a couple of pictures. 

I completely understand that and don't disagree on many levels here, but if someone I don't know was getting in to my rig for any reason at all(bar me not being involved) I'd shy away from their place. JMO. I mean, if they're willing to do that, what else are they willing to do?
They are going in at the direction of law enforcement.  It is not like they got caught breaking into rigs and stealing stuff.  Also by having a RV person less likely anything will be damaged as they know how to operate slides and landing gear.    

Last edited by a moderator:
That video made me laugh at the level of stupidity.  The minute the guy opened his mouth it was over and he was going to get a ticket.  The taco stand comment was comical.  They deserved every bit of the ticket for the  dumb comments and trying to argue.

I would guess those rangers were paying their second visit to that camp.  

That video reminds of the people they get pulled over and then argue about their rights and why they won’t give the cops their drivers license.  Then they bitch how the cop wrote then a ticket.  

A few seasons ago we were camped on Gecko and had a few cones out.  We left them out as we thought our friend was going to get there when we were on a ride.  Ranger came by after we got back from a ride and asked about the cones.  We told him they were ours and we placed them for our one friend coming in.   Ranger was total cool and just told us not to leave the cones out.  

After we told him they were our cones he said I was glad we told the truth.  He had come by earlier and snapped a shot of out camp.  He showed us the picture.  Lol!

Bottom line  is if you treat them with some respect and don’t try to BS them,  you might just get a friendly warning.  

Yes, these people that try to tell the cop what he's going to do are funny.

The other funny thing about that video is just the fact that they posted it. They obviously felt that they were 100% in the right and that the entire community was going to rally around them. Nope. Bunch of clowns.
I laughed when 2 men became two sniveling little bitches when they got called out for saving space.

They went from full on "Kiss my ass, write 100 tickets" to "please Sir..please Sir...dont give me a ticket"

Pussies!

The dude in the video was such a twat. “Let’s say there’s a taco cart and the tacos look good” ha Wtf your case was settled right there with that comment
Yup. That comment clearly set the BLM in a different direction. You can see the change happen, that video was awesome LOL

i know of one. I don't think he actually moved but he was scared enough to go and sit in his rv and make sure he wasn't towed
Good for him..LOL...better to be sitting in Glamis then back home on a keyboard   :poke:

J&M are contracted to tow, not to break in... that was my point.
They had master keys to gain entry, to do what was needed to avoid damage to the RV. Yeah, there are shady Tow Yards, we all know that in how they rape you via fees. Why would they steal anything from an RV?

The Gun Argument/Excuse is lame. Who would leave that in an unattended rig?

So from what I gather from some other pages on Instagram the story behind the dodge is that they were found to have a fake pass that they purchased. They were ticketed for the fake pass as it was assumed federal fraud.

The truck and trailer were vacant for 2 days as the people were staying in town. It was towed because of the fake pass and has since been recovered buy the owner and is back out at gecko.

Don't know if this is correct but that seems to be the story.

@stonehenge  my guess is they only towed 2.  And those two tows sent a clear shot across the bow... LOL

200.gif

They are going in at the direction of law enforcement.  It is not like they got caught breaking into rigs and stealing stuff.  Also by having a RV person less likely anything will be damaged as they no how to operate slides and landing gear.    
Again, not disagreeing with the logic, only my opinion and past experience that leave that untrustworthy feeling in my gut. And I'm by no means a baller that ever broke the rules... well maybe other than actually camping more than 14 days(we were there the whole time) but that was way in the back of the washes where nobody really cares :dunno:  

How many people ran out there yesterday and moved there stuff or had it moved after seeing the picture of the truck and trailer hooked up.  
Lots of people did exactly that. That Dodge on the hook picture was very effective. Kinda like that picture of the Border Patrol whipping that guy and people losing their minds over the situation. It's all about perspective.

Some spots opened up at Roadrunner and Pad 3/5. Yet not a single person complaining in this thread got any those spots. Weird.

Lots of people did exactly that. That Dodge on the hook picture was very effective. Kinda like that picture of the Border Patrol whipping that guy and people losing their minds over the situation. It's all about perspective.

Some spots opened up at Roadrunner and Pad 3/5. Yet not a single person complaining in this thread got any those spots. Weird.
It's not always about personal gain.

Karen?? Yore's was the Karen Comment. Trying to suggest that yore Rv can't be towed. Damn, surprised you didn't demand to speak with the captain, or even the chief of police. I just took your comment and expanded on it a little bit. You're the one that comes on here every fall when this comes up and tries to get people to "just shut up and stop complaining".

I asked you this question a few years ago and you conveniently ignored it so here goes again. If a group of people that had more money than you and your customers have showed up to Entitlement Estates before you guys and planned to stay the entire season would you just just suck it up for that season and find a pad to winter on? Or would you guys be the biggest pain in the asses the rangers had ever seen and insist that the 14 day rule be enforced? It's a hypothetical, but try to be honest with yourself.

Oh, and speaking of honesty. Yesterday, I passed that black dodge with the Genesis being pulled by a tow truck. It was on the 78 at about Dunes Edge (you know Dunes Edge, that's the storage yard people keep their stuff at when they aren't camping) heading east. Saw it with my own eyes, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. 

Yore strategy of trying to tell everyone that there is no way this law can be enforced so they should just keep their mouths shut is flawed. 

Also, Kuntgradulations on taking approximately 600 square feet of public land and claiming it as your own that no other member of the public can use. Very classy. 

yWcuqN.gif

You just don't get it and I guess never will. 

The picture spread like a wildfire on social media got the message out.   

They may have not occupied the spots, but at least they are open for someone else to use.   Plus it might be more fun for them to watch from afar as the ghost campers scramble to move there stuff.   

You just don't get it and I guess never will. 
I don't get why people on this board are cheering their fellow duners getting ticketed and 'towed'. I'm never happy to see my fellow duners getting lit up by BLM, in camp or in the dunes. 

I don't get why people on this board are cheering their fellow duners getting ticketed and 'towed'. I'm never happy to see my fellow duners getting lit up by BLM, in camp or in the dunes. 
I stand by what I said and getting towed or lit up didn't have anything to do with what I said. 

In this case, they were contracted by the BLM to open the rigs and secure them. The BLM had the legal right to do so and J&M was authorized to do it.

The alternative was for the owner to actually be in Glamis.
What could be more secure than leaving it LOCKED UP? :dunno:  And again, I agree they should not have been left unattended, but you don't have to unlock and rifle through them to tow them.  Well, ok if it's a truck or Moho then you'd have to unlock it but still, you get the point about the trailers :lol:  

the fastest way to alienate your customer base is to help with the search and seizure process. In fact, it's also the fastest way to be sued or held liable for any missing property.  :js:
From reading comments I doubt it will have any impact. They are contracted by the government to do a job and I’m sure getting paid well.

besides if people didn’t violate the rules they wouldn’t have been in this situation in the first place. It’s not like they weren’t warned they all thought no one would tow them I have said it in previous post here the tow companies would have no problem going in securing load lifting levelers moving slides and towing away. It’s finally enforced and some are shitting bricks and most are cheering on. I could care less what happens I don’t camp on gecko anyways just aways from the road I like to open door not fall into next rig,like open space and a view too. 😂

From reading comments I doubt it will have any impact. They are contracted by the government to do a job and I’m sure getting paid well.

besides if people didn’t violate the rules they wouldn’t have been in this situation in the first place. It’s not like they weren’t warned they all thought no one would tow them I have said it in previous post here the tow companies would have no problem going in securing load lifting levelers moving slides and towing away. It’s finally enforced and some are shitting bricks and most are cheering on. I could care less what happens I don’t camp on gecko anyways just aways from the road I like to open door not fall into next rig,like open space and a view too. 😂
 I have no problem with BLM enforcing the rules and towing rigs, my point was simply that unless it's amotorhome they don't have to be opened up to tow them. 

Back