Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

NOW it's a thread: we have a keyboard warrior making threats who probably doesn't even go to G.  The only weird thing is I think it's Nov, not mid-summer.

@hello_newman coming to GD to add value and make friends, I see: 

View attachment 18088

-TJ
Nope, no keyboard (or any other type) of warrior here.  Posted a few times on the old site, this thread irritated me enough to register on the new. Only get to Glamis once a year, from 10+ hours away. Group goes during the same week every year arriving mid-week (after January 15) always staying on Roadrunner. Always been plenty of space until 2021, this time when we rolled up, it looked like an RV storage lot with no people, only empty rig after empty deserted rig. A completely different landscape. So went to Plan B.

Now I know what was really going on. In previous years, did see several empty rigs and camps near us and “non duner” types rolling by scoping them out, they possibly didn’t do anything because they saw my group close by. So my point (apparently not made well) is that your stuff may not be as safe as you might think is all. But, going more often, maybe you know something I don’t. Then you add to that the possibility of your stuff getting vandalized because of a completely irrational choice to homestead public land for yourself, thereby screwing over the next guy. At that point, be it theft/vandalism/being towed, your simply reaping what you’ve sown.

Nope, no keyboard (or any other type) of warrior here.  Posted a few times on the old site, this thread irritated me enough to register on the new. Only get to Glamis once a year, from 10+ hours away. Group goes during the same week every year arriving mid-week (after January 15) always staying on Roadrunner. Always been plenty of space until 2021, this time when we rolled up, it looked like an RV storage lot with no people, only empty rig after empty deserted rig. A completely different landscape. So went to Plan B.

Now I know what was really going on. In previous years, did see several empty rigs and camps near us and “non duner” types rolling by scoping them out, they possibly didn’t do anything because they saw my group close by. So my point (apparently not made well) is that your stuff may not be as safe as you might think is all. But, going more often, maybe you know something I don’t. Then you add to that the possibility of your stuff getting vandalized because of a completely irrational choice to homestead public land for yourself, thereby screwing over the next guy. At that point, be it theft/vandalism/being towed, your simply reaping what you’ve sown.
Fair 'nough.  I think "homesteading" is a stretch, and a bit dramatic.  Further, I think you'd be surprise how many of those rigs aren't actually empty.  But I at least understand your point now, and that it wasn't intended as a threat. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these threads! 

I learn so much goodness about my fellow duners. 

Was a mellow day, no blm, and not a tow truck in sight. Dunes not to crowded coming back from the washes at 0130 either, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda interesting, now instead of big ghost camps, it's one ghost rv & trailer and a $hit ton of cones.

Cemet flats is borderline comical, maybe 10 rigs total holding 40 spots with cones.

Good times. 

But rr estates has up'ed  their game, added some props to keep the silly Rangers at bay. But still same m.o. lots of rigs and no people. 

It's kinda interesting, now instead of big ghost camps, it's one ghost rv & trailer and a $hit ton of cones.

Cemet flats is borderline comical, maybe 10 rigs total holding 40 spots with cones.

Good times. 
seemed last season the same rigs were at Cement Flats all season long.  At least there on off-weekends there is usually room for small groups to camp. 

seemed last season the same rigs were at Cement Flats all season long.  At least there on off-weekends there is usually room for small groups to camp. 
Not currently. We'll unless you move 200 cones over. Lol

But rr estates has up'ed  their game, added some props to keep the silly Rangers at bay. But still same m.o. lots of rigs and no people. 
We must be at different RR’s. There’s lots of rigs and lots of people :dunno:  sometimes we get buzzed up and start a stonehedge chant, can you hear it?

200.gif

Does it look like that? Im down!

saw some drone shots of the pads from yesterday and it looks pretty squared off

coming in tomorrow morning and pulling through the middle of any 10' opening I can find.... since you can't save space and all that. 

Every year since I joined this site (2008 I think) this same thread has turned into the same thing at the beginning of the season. I have no dog in this fight since I stay where ever there is sand (Washes, Gecko, Gordons, Campground, in my truck, with my ass on the cooler, etc.). But I will say that the handful of times i've decided to go to Gecko i've never once had an issue parking. And the reason I have always snagged a spot is because I've messaged one of the numerous strangers I've met on this (and other) forums asking if I can squeeze in somewhere and I've unanimously received the answer "oh yea we'll squeeze you in" without hesitation. Met some awesome people and gone on some epic rides that I never would have. May be in part that I show up solo with my 24' trailer or with maybe one other small trailer, or maybe it's because majority of the people are just rad and make room. So thanks to those who have let me come hang, you know who you are. See you out there this weekend (still unsure where we are parking)

Every year since I joined this site (2008 I think) this same thread has turned into the same thing at the beginning of the season. I have no dog in this fight since I stay where ever there is sand (Washes, Gecko, Gordons, Campground, in my truck, with my ass on the cooler, etc.). But I will say that the handful of times i've decided to go to Gecko i've never once had an issue parking. And the reason I have always snagged a spot is because I've messaged one of the numerous strangers I've met on this (and other) forums asking if I can squeeze in somewhere and I've unanimously received the answer "oh yea we'll squeeze you in" without hesitation. Met some awesome people and gone on some epic rides that I never would have. May be in part that I show up solo with my 24' trailer or with maybe one other small trailer, or maybe it's because majority of the people are just rad and make room. So thanks to those who have let me come hang, you know who you are. See you out there this weekend (still unsure where we are parking)
I’ve always got room for you bb :cheers:

Back