Can Am 2022 model line up.

So the saga continues as this never-ending wait for my new ride looms on! :simrak:

M dealer, Moto United in La Habra told me that BRP has announced 4-6 week hold on anything shipping out.

"Hey! We had a business meeting with BRP yesterday (Friday) and they said that there is delay on the cars of at least 4-6 weeks then a 30-60 day wait on parts once it arrives. They als told us they are cutting all dealers orders by 5-10% just because they are not able to meet all orders and demand. So, I am supposed to find out what they are cutting over the next week or so. It really sucks and they are just killing us tight now. Sorry that it is affecting you so much!"

I responded that it's not your fault and I look at it this way, the season is over anyways but I hope it is here by summer, June/ July.

Then I said that the 5-10% cut shouldn't affect me since my car and my buddy's were already ordered and have been built or being built and we aren't just waiting on random units to show up to buy?

Tyler responded,

"Shouldn't, but the cars/units they cut are off of the orders that haven't arrived. So like I said I'll know more soon."

:kenk:

Not sure what to make of this. How can I order something, actually 2 cars then BRP say, no...don't ship those ones that are specific for customers!

That makes no sense what so ever!!!

Beyond Frustrating!!
That sucks!   Hopefully you get it this summer and can make a Pismo trip to break it in.  

Bummer news Dabrt....it will happen, crazy times tho,.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks! Don’t know if this might help? But Veys in El Cajon has stacks of cars in creates (2 & 3 high) waiting for parts. And they have been getting parts. There were two components they were missing, ECU and something else?? But they have been letting people put deposits on cars sitting in creates waiting for parts. As parts come in those cars are the first to get them. 

Maybe call and see if the “BRP story” your dealer is telling you is the same story for Veys? Also maybe they have a car or trim your interested in and they can get it to you sooner, or worse case if you get cut, you can see if Veys can help you? 

This photo was from a February 

View attachment 29448
I have talked with other dealers and they are all in the same boat.

Sucks.

Update,

Both cars have been shipped as of last week. 

However....they are missing the ECU, Dash, Battery and ignition.

But, hey...they're on the way. So I'm thinking realistically July or Aug delivery.

I'm ok with that.

:dbart:

Update,

But, hey...they're on the way. So I'm thinking realistically July or Aug delivery.

I'm ok with that.

Congrats dude, all things considering that's not bad...

Our 2018 Honda Van needs a Transmission....NO ETA, another guy has been waiting a month...on backorder.

:thumbsdown:

Update,

I'm ok with that.

Congrats!   Gives you plenty of time to get it ready for glamis and the desert.   Then in October we take you on a nice 100+ mile loop out in the Jawbone area to break it it. 

Update,

I'm ok with that.

Thats perfect timing, too hot the next 3 months and let the warranty carry you through the riding season. I had the same problem with Polaris waiting for  a 2021 turbo 4 s, finally cancelled and ordered a general couple delays later it finally came in. It's for mountain trails, I'm keeping the can am for the sand. 

Mountain Motorsports are in the same boat. When they ship with parts missing the dealer is required to designate each unit for a particular buyer. That’s a disaster in the making. Can Am needs to move the unit out of manufacturing and this is the scheme they have drummed up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was watching a video and they showed a new Can Am model. They called it the 3 wheeler, but maybe Can Am will call it the a off road spider? 

Here’s a snapshot from the video. 
View attachment 31873

All joking aside he was riding in a group and tore the front corner off in a witches eye. They were not going all the fast either. 
Hit a witches eye at 15-20mph and it will wreck a weekend.   Joe Fab in Glamis is a very busy man during Glamis season thanks to witches eye.   

Both cars have been delivered to the dealer.

They say 3-4 weeks for parts. We'll see.

:oto:
200.gif

I bet you can almost smell it...

The spindle/uprights look funky to me. Are they sitting above the tires? Shocks lower mounts definitely look to be inspired by Polaris. And is that a support bar tube coming off the top of the rear upright in the last picture? Interesting stuff. 

Lots of funky stuff going on with those patent drawings.  The lower front arm set up looks to have been in testing or they took the design.  Here is Cody Miller's Can Am X3 with the lower a-arm and shock mount.  

miller.jpg

The SXSGuys found some new Can Am patents posted for theX3. They posted a bunch of drawings on their IG. Lots to see, not sure about some of it? What do you think? Is this part of the Can Am response to the Pro R? Some designs look very Pro R like. There are more drawings on their IG. 

View attachment 33221

View attachment 33222

View attachment 33223

View attachment 33224

View attachment 33225
The front spindles hopefully don't have the ball joint over the top of the tire.  It would be an odd thing to do.  The rear suspension has a lot going on. Looks like it will now have 4 links and a new swaybar setup.  

Back