Can Am 2022 model line up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Veys claims the only items the cars they have in crates just need electrical items. I wonder if there are more parts missing and they just don’t know it, as they are all still un-opened & crated up.  
Veys does not even know what they list as current inventory on their website.   When I was calling around for my X3 they had 3 listed in stock on the website.  I called and the guy said they had none in stock for the last month.  

Funny, it's quite possible that when the "Supply Chain" opens back up...there will be some deals available to be made to get inventory off the dealer lot.

It looks like Veys got another 8 or so Can Am cars in? The back lot no longer looks like storage or staging for customer repair cars, but a storage lot for Can Am crates. If this keeps up they are going to have to consider getting an off site storage building like MotoWorld has to store their inventory or customer cars in. 
Apparently Can Am is not comfortable storing the units at that facility in Mexico that caught fire. 

If can am and Polaris are having these issues how is RG avoiding this to get production started?  

Apparently Can Am is not comfortable storing the units at that facility in Mexico that caught fire. 

If can am and Polaris are having these issues how is RG avoiding this to get production started?  
Simple.

He didn't open a factory in Mexico.

I am talking about supply issues.  Not a joke about storage in Mexico.
It's simple.

Buy from suppliers who can supply. Tesla delivered over 936,000 vehicles in 2021, while Ford and Chevy took it up the arse and have thousands of acres of incomplete cars waiting for electronics. Each Tesla uses more electronics than any other vehicle, so the supply chain problem isn't the same for everyone.

I don't know about new cars but my buddy just took his 2020 Can Am in for a steering rack issue. They told him a week for the repair.........that was 3 weeks ago. 

Don’t know if Speed won’t have these issues? But so far neither Robby or Todd have hinted or used the “supply chain” card as why they have not released cars. They could have easily done so months ago. They have never used the crutch that if Polaris cant get parts then we can’t either. 

In fact most would say or agree that the way Speed UTV has gone about everything from selling cars, engineering cars, developing parts, using engineering, & manufacturing outside the typical UTV industry. Then sharing everything about the process, right down to dealers & distribution is very unorthodox. So maybe with the way they have proceeded to build this company, maybe they won’t face as many challenges as the Big Guys are facing. 

Remember Polaris & Can Am are structured to run based on specific profit margins and contract manufacturing is based on lowest costs, not necessarily quality or availability. Here’s a perfect example. Let’s say the supplier or suppliers for wire and connectors are back ordered or just late to deliver. Polaris can’t just call around and buy wire from XYZ company. Their buyers can only purchase from approved vendors who are on their 2022 supplier lists with locked in price quotes. This situation gets 10x worse if engineering has to get involved with specs changes, part or drawing revs or QC approvals. All this can cripple a manufacture that has box themselves in. Polaris & BRP are ISO certified and all vendors will have to be or follow their ISO requirements to do business with them. If they run out of zip ties, they can’t just buy them at Home Depot to finish the day. 

Speed UTV can make vendor changes, approvals or engineering & design changes overnight if needed. Accounting does not make the final decisions. I highly doubt at this time Speed UTV is ISO certified? They might want or require some of their vendors or manufacture partners to be ISO certified. But if Speeds not they can have many more options as they are not as boxed in. Plus they have less red tape to get through to make a decision. If Robby & Todd are not in the same room to make a decision, their just a text away. 

Lastly it was said the Speed UTV consists of 28,000 components. They had 300 things on the fix list, let’s say that effects 2,000 components. That leaves 26,000 pieces that have been green lighted for production and those parts would have been in production and being stock piled for months. I’ve heard 4th hand that Hisun’s #2 warehouse in McKinney has been getting containers in for awhile. 

OK back to Can Am. So Veys is saying they are getting cars without electronics. Dbart said his dealer got cars without electronics and steering racks. I suspect there might be more parts missing on different models that are shipped out. Anyone else hear about parts that might not be on the Can Am’s when shipped out to the dealers? 
ECUs is what I heard most cars are missing.  I also heard Bert's has a done of cars sitting in there front showroom with missing parts (Polaris and Can Am). 

I don't know about new cars but my buddy just took his 2020 Can Am in for a steering rack issue. They told him a week for the repair.........that was 3 weeks ago. 
 That is typical for a dealer.  Tell you a week and a month later you might see your SXS.  Rocky Mountain ATV shows they have 6 steering racks in stock. 

I ordered a New 2022 X RS Turbo RR in October, actually ordered (2) one for me and my buddy Dave is getting one. Every month I go back to check on status.

Was supposed to be here at end of January. Now it looks like End of February or beginning of March, but will most likely be missing parts!

:simrak:

Sucks, I have a big trip planned March 16-20 in Dumont...but I'll most likely have an empty trailer!

:bigcry:

By the way...I won't disclose the deal I got till I actually take delivery of the car!

:bag:

As I sit here on the edge of my seat....holding my breath....................................................

:dbart:

I ordered a New 2022 X RS Turbo RR in October, actually ordered (2) one for me and my buddy Dave is getting one. Every month I go back to check on status.

Was supposed to be here at end of January. Now it looks like End of February or beginning of March, but will most likely be missing parts!

Sucks, I have a big trip planned March 16-20 in Dumont...but I'll most likely have an empty trailer!

By the way...I won't disclose the deal I got till I actually take delivery of the car!

As I sit here on the edge of my seat....holding my breath....................................................

Congrats man, that's a bad-ass ride...

Congrats!  Welcome to the world of a SXS that has more than 25hp.  LOL!

Congrats!  Welcome to the world of a SXS that has more than 25hp.  LOL!

Hey, it was 27 HP! :oto:

:lmao:
63z2ny.jpg

@Intro2Rhino are you still selling stuff? Anything for Can Am's? 

when the time comes, I'm gonna need some stuff for this thing...if it ever comes in.

:lmao:

Back