Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

Canam still doing canam things.

View attachment 79735
Lol, beat me to it. 

Looks like the arm broke on the back. The pic was taken during disassembly, or all the hardware magically got loose, lol.

Guess taco kits right at that break might be a thing to buy. Shitty.

This makes me LOL with all those Can Am nut swingers............
I’m sure this picture will be all over the Speed Forums, lol  :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, beat me to it. 

Looks like the arm broke on the back. The pic was taken during disassembly, or all the hardware magically got loose, lol.

Guess taco kits right at that break might be a thing to buy. Shitty.

I’m sure this picture will be all over the Speed Forums, lol  :biggrin:
I made sure it's on some of the Speed forums.

But really, everything breaks, chit happens. I would have expected in the last 4 years they've been developing this car, this would have happened by now. 

But really, everything breaks, chit happens. I would have expected in the last 4 years they've been developing this car, this would have happened by now. 
Yep. I read somewhere the wheel shattered and it limped back after swapping to a spare. :dunno:

I believe that was another car that hit a rock on  the passenger side. This one in the pic is on the driver’s side. 
You're right.  That one just bent.  Who the F knows on this one then.  I assume either a big hit, or fatigue. 

Your Speed forum guys are having a field day I am sure.  I am sure they are overlooking the fact the frame held up, the a-arm tabs did not get ripped off, and the front arms and spindle did not break as many predicted. 

I would love to know exactly what happen when the arm broke.  It might shed some light in this being a design problem or someone hit something really hard.  

On the X3 the lower arm would bend easily for some and other not at all.  My friend has rolled his X3 multiple times and hit the front end pretty hard and his stock arms hold up just fine.  

Your Speed forum guys are having a field day I am sure.  I am sure they are overlooking the fact the frame held up, the a-arm tabs did not get ripped off, and the front arms and spindle did not break as many predicted. 

I would love to know exactly what happen when the arm broke.  It might shed some light in this being a design problem or someone hit something really hard.  

On the X3 the lower arm would bend easily for some and other not at all.  My friend has rolled his X3 multiple times and hit the front end pretty hard and his stock arms hold up just fine.  
Well lets not tout the frame holding up or the pivot point not ripping off without knowing what happened. This chit could have just broke for all anyone but a couple know.

I would have bet a few paychecks on you doing exactly that.

:lol:
Would have been a good bet, cause I got it posted ASAP in 3 different places.

Believe it or not though, I'm not any brand specific of a hater, I just thought it was ironic or needed the hiprocacy of this pointed out to all of the folks who bash on one brand in specific, and bash every little thing.

Should I post about the broken dash as well?

Or the GPS screen not working, and needing to be rebooted?

Well lets not tout the frame holding up or the pivot point not ripping off without knowing what happened. This chit could have just broke for all anyone but a couple know.
Think they'd have bothered disassembling if the pivot was shot?

It's a forged knuckle, I doubt it'll break without serious carnage.

Believe it or not though, I'm not any brand specific of a hater, I just thought it was ironic or needed the hiprocacy of this pointed out to all of the folks who bash on one brand in specific, and bash every little thing.

My eye twitches at bullshit marketeering.  There's one brand that does a lot more of that.

But yeah, what goes around, comes around.  All's fair and all is good-natured (on my part) unless it gets personal. :biggrin:

Think they'd have bothered disassembling if the pivot was shot?

It's a forged knuckle, I doubt it'll break without serious carnage.

My eye twitches at bullshit marketeering.  There's one brand that does a lot more of that.

But yeah, what goes around, comes around.  All's fair and all is good-natured (on my part) unless it gets personal. :biggrin:
Oh, you mean like this dipshit comment from someone who has no idea who I am, or what my background is?

image.png

Just making sure we cool.  Some people take it personally :biggrin:
Oh geeze, of course, like I've said, I've never owned a SXS, so I have no loyalty anywhere. I do have some investment in one, it could make me slightly biased. 

And that response I got above was after I was actually complimenting the Can Am

No surprised the GPS is not working smoothly as it has to link with your phone and apparently you need cell service.   Reports are it does not work well on the snow sleds.  Not sure why they did not team up with a GPS company and do something like Ride Command.  

Welcome to SXS life where you get to point out the breakage of other brands.   LOL!

No surprised the GPS is not working smoothly as it has to link with your phone and apparently you need cell service.   Reports are it does not work well on the snow sleds.  Not sure why they did not team up with a GPS company and do something like Ride Command.  

Welcome to SXS life where you get to point out the breakage of other brands.   LOL!
At least we don't have these guys...

00275db2467573dc51db9ec88c1f772d.jpg

To be fair, @HEADINJURY watched the COMPLETE rise and fall of Weekend Warrior, and it affected his livelihood. So... he does "kinda" have some insight into how Ego's will hold back and destroy a company. If you're a CEO that thinks your chit doesn't stink, the offroad industry and the economy WILL put you to task and your weaknesses will come to light. Easily.

How's Mark Warmouth doing these days? He's dead. But his trailers still have an (oddly) great reputation, despite being some of the biggest shitboxes ever produced. I think Robby is hoping for a similar fan base, but he won't get it, with Speed. Only great mareketeers like Justin Smith can pull out of their own holes... and Justin's personality is miles ahead of Gordon's. MILES.
Mark Warmouth was a character.  I remember sitting in one of the motorhomes he built at the Sand Show and he was so proud of it and how many TVs he crammed into it.  My brother-in-law looked at him and said there was room for 2 more TVs and then walked off.  LOL!

Oh trust me, it's not just SXS, every thing breaks, sometimes for no reason at all.

I've had a BRAND new FAT motor, 100% all new parts, blow a head apart 3 miles into the V2R race, no idea why.

I redid my Baja because my wife wanted to race Powder Puff a decade or so ago, it went sorta like this. Brand new Fodrill arms and spindles, she put maybe 100 miles on them pre-running, trucking along on a fairly flat section of Barstow. 

IMG951118.jpg

IMG958120.jpg

IMG956805.jpg

ResizedImage_1349703695035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, @HEADINJURY watched the COMPLETE rise and fall of Weekend Warrior, and it affected his livelihood. So... he does "kinda" have some insight into how Ego's will hold back and destroy a company. If you're a CEO that thinks your chit doesn't stink, the offroad industry and the economy WILL put you to task and your weaknesses will come to light. Easily.

How's Mark Warmouth doing these days? He's dead. But his trailers still have an (oddly) great reputation, despite being some of the biggest shitboxes ever produced. I think Robby is hoping for a similar fan base, but he won't get it, with Speed. Only great mareketeers like Justin Smith can pull out of their own holes... and Justin's personality is miles ahead of Gordon's. MILES.
What does my comment about inexperience folks being able to drive something off a showroom floor over 100mph, have to do with Robby/Speed/WW etc...... It was just a pee pee reply, nothing more, nothing less. Something got personal, and I don't know what it was.

Back