Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

F1 is more worried about placing wishbones for aero downwash, then anti-geometry to keep the aero platform stable.

Trophy truck can just giant uniball/CNC/hand-build everything, has to clear 40s+, has more width to play with/customers don’t care about swapping to rollers, and is way less worried about scrub radius since 2WD. 

But yeah, it’s certainly odd looking. Like a skeleton…
So they ignore the physics, and don't go fugly :classic_biggrin:

2200lbs dry weight! This pig has better be double shear everything! 

Not to mention the two seater is now 8” longer, sweet Jesus the 4 seater might just be a true short bus 

Dont worry Sand Shark probably put down a deposit and report back when he gets it...Of course must preplace the stock cage right off the bat.  

Dont worry Sand Shark probably put down a deposit and report back when he gets it...Of course must preplace the stock cage right off the bat.  
Deposit? No need. Probably will be able to just go down to the dealer and buy one in a month or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the lighting has cool features. Like the faster you go the light bar turns to more spot than flood. Also when turning the side lights aim more to your inside corner to light things up. Has some cool features for sure. I too think the suspension looks funky as all get out but if it works better and doesn’t need aftermarket braces to hold it together than I think it’s a win. 

Nice car.  Finally ditched the belt.  DCT 7 speed with shift on the fly high low range will be nice.  Rumors of new 4 cylndersupercharged krx are out there too.  Kawasaki is also working on a DCT Transmission.  I think that one of these will be replacing my long travel  YXZ,        I could probly swing the price if i can talk my wife out of this nonsense every year.sheri Rome.jpg

Nice car.  Finally ditched the belt.  DCT 7 speed with shift on the fly high low range will be nice.  Rumors of new 4 cylndersupercharged krx are out there too.  Kawasaki is also working on a DCT Transmission.  I think that one of these will be replacing my long travel  YXZ,        I could probly swing the price if i can talk my wife out of this nonsense every year.View attachment 78064
If Kawasaki came with a supercharged DCT that would be a really nice car. I like that everyone is stepping up the game. A lot of cool things coming from manufacturers right now.

Also no mention of a 4 seater yet so I will be very curious what that looks like spec and price wise when that finally arrives
Someone posted that the future 4 seater was in the background in the launch video.   4 seater usually comes several months later.   If they do a 4 seater the wheelbase is going to be even bigger unless they figure a way to put the platform in the current wheelbase.   

Not getting one anytime soon.  Andy has one on order.  So there will be one in camp this season.  Hopefully you kids get your Speed UTVs this season so we can see how all of them do.  

Why would I replace the stock cage, if I got one?  I ran several seasons on my 2018 with the stock cage with no worries.   The cage on this new Can Am looks to have some added gussets and support.  Not a fan of the bubble shape.  

< - - waiting on a vid with sand tires.  should be awesome . . .
Last year in glamis...my buddy ran his Can Am with Paddle tire set up.

I ran stock tires but in 4wd.

My buddy almost ran out of gas on the same dune run...mine sipped fuel, barely used a 1/4 tank.

Figured it was due to him being in 2wd and more tire spin.

Just something to think about. Saved me $1700 actually.

:dbart:

Last year in glamis...my buddy ran his Can Am with Paddle tire set up.

I ran stock tires but in 4wd.

My buddy almost ran out of gas on the same dune run...mine sipped fuel, barely used a 1/4 tank.

Figured it was due to him being in 2wd and more tire spin.

Just something to think about. Saved me $1700 actually.

:dbart:
2wd and tire spin will put that car way into the boost and suck the gas fast.   If you only go to the dunes a few days out of the year you can run the stock tires and be fine.  Especially if they are the Bighorns. Those aired down to 8-10psi work fine in the the sand. 

Back