Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

Weaknesses will always pop up at some point. 

On a side note, let's not make anything personal here by calling out people's political beliefs, economic status, religion or who they worked for or just anything not related to the discussion. 

:cheers:

That one looks like it took a hit.

If the lower arm is like the X3 a weld in taco kit will take care of that issue, if it is an issue.

So hard to tell if it is an issue without know what happen that caused the failure. 
The pinching at the failure is weird too.  Like it got hit, cracked, and then was driven for a while until fatigue failure.  

The mount itself looks well pocketed and beefy.  The "wings" on it were what Speed should do with the trailing arm mount.

Not a fan of the diff bolts (or whatever those large zinc'd fasteners are for) on the bottom like that.  They're recessed a little, so shouldn't get completely annihilated, but still a PITA to remove if they get scraped on a lot of rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh trust me, it's not just SXS, every thing breaks, sometimes for no reason at all.

I've had a BRAND new FAT motor, 100% all new parts, blow a head apart 3 miles into the V2R race, no idea why.

I redid my Baja because my wife wanted to race Powder Puff a decade or so ago, it went sorta like this. Brand new Fodrill arms and spindles, she put maybe 100 miles on them pre-running, trucking along on a fairly flat section of Barstow. 

View attachment 79771

View attachment 79772

View attachment 79773

View attachment 79775
Awesome!

Did you give her the ol...

"Hey, you can't park there!"

:lmao:

The new Can Am is much better looking in person.  It is stout looking and they beefed up the car a lot.  The frame is different than the X3 and you can see how they made big improvements.  All the suspension mounting points are double sheared.  

Not sure how those people broke the lower arm absent smashing it into a large rock at a high rate of speed.  The lower arm does not have a bend in it like on the X3.

The steering rack is massive compared to the one on the X3.  The door interiors have a nice finished look.    Interior is pretty nice and the field of vision seems to be better than the X3 when you sit in the driver’s seat.

It looks really good with 35s.  Coyne had a nice looking black on on 35s. 

IMG_9325.jpeg

IMG_9324.jpeg

IMG_9321.jpeg

IMG_9322.jpeg

IMG_9320.jpeg

IMG_9319.jpeg

IMG_9318.jpeg

IMG_9317.jpeg

IMG_9334.jpeg

IMG_9335.jpeg

Thank you for posting the pics! They really did step up their quality from what I can see. Can’t wait for Nash to get these in so can see one in person. 

Thank you for posting the pics! They really did step up their quality from what I can see. Can’t wait for Nash to get these in so can see one in person. 
Nash should be getting some real soon.  

Back