Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

People were posting about tire rub issues, it's clearly has small room for wheel bulging...I'm curious what paddles will work without using offset wheels or even a wheel spacer.

With paddles you will have to run an offset wheel.  

Slightly rubbing but causing no visible wear? Meh. Paint everything black and you’ll never know. :biggrin:
Paddles on the Funco Gen 4 had rubbed the trailing arm since day one. 15+ years. But not now since I redid the whole back end and extended the wheel out a little bit when I did the micro stubs.

Paddles on the Funco Gen 4 had rubbed the trailing arm since day one. 15+ years. But not now since I redid the whole back end and extended the wheel out a little bit when I did the micro stubs.
Yep.  Spindle is above centerline, so it's just tire shake that's causing it to rub, which has so little force it's just a cosmetic issue.  Only time it MIGHT be a problem is rock crawling with the top part of a tire jammed against a rock.  Even then, maybe a revolution or two.  BFD.

Car looks flat as all hell in the turns. Makes me think it should be a dune beast with some good paddles

^^^^^ "Build quality is lacking?" No way not CanAm.  There was a FB or Insta at Sancho showing door on new Mav R didnt even close properly.....What they didnt show you in that video at Sancho was the Speed guys taking a wrench to the door and purposely adjusting door so it wouldnt shut!  Pro R for the win. lol.

Didn't watch the entire thing but the rear end off of jumps is whack. I hate that feeling when the rear end is coming over like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty planted and did not look like it has much body roll.   Can't tell if it is the jump sizes and faces causing the rear end to want to buck.   Other videos I have seen the car seems to jump well. 

Looks pretty planted and did not look like it has much body roll.   Can't tell if it is the jump sizes and faces causing the rear end to want to buck.   Other videos I have seen the car seems to jump well. 
Yeah, it was definitely odd. 

Other videos:

SxS Blog guys sky it all the time, so dunno… :dunno:

^^^^^ "Build quality is lacking?" No way not CanAm.  There was a FB or Insta at Sancho showing door on new Mav R didnt even close properly.....What they didnt show you in that video at Sancho was the Speed guys taking a wrench to the door and purposely adjusting door so it wouldnt shut!  Pro R for the win. lol.
I just left Malcom Motorsports. They had a new black one in the front. Passenger door when I opened it it dropped enough that I had to lift it to close.  I don’t see how the Speed guys were able to adjust it.  

Fast, Reliable, Affordable (Cheap) - you can't have all three is the saying in Powersports Industry :lol:

Just like selling Sea-Doo and Polaris PWC in the 90's, fast as all hell but not as nice or reliable as the much more expensive Yamahas and Kawasaki models.

I just left Malcom Motorsports. They had a new black one in the front. Passenger door when I opened it it dropped enough that I had to lift it to close.  I don’t see how the Speed guys were able to adjust it.  
You don't have "the Vision" or a Speed Tool kit, duh!  :lol:

Common theme I am hearing is the Mav R rear end is way undersprung causing the car to bottom out too easily. Comfy ride in the chop but chit in the big whoops 

Common theme I am hearing is the Mav R rear end is way undersprung causing the car to bottom out too easily. Comfy ride in the chop but chit in the big whoops 
Appears that way from the videos I’ve seen. Hard to say since you can’t see/hear what they’re doing when it hits. 

Back