Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

Been tearing into the maverick R since picking it up last night to see what I can upgrade before glamis. If you’re selling off another Sxs to get one of these, hang onto your aftermarket seats. They drop right in and use the same frame rail and slider as the X3 🤦🏻‍♂️ we know those are a joy once dirt gets into them 

8B3B6D82-E626-4A2F-8E05-DCE98C177D77.jpeg

Been tearing into the maverick R since picking it up last night to see what I can upgrade before glamis. If you’re selling off another Sxs to get one of these, hang onto your aftermarket seats. They drop right in and use the same frame rail and slider as the X3 🤦🏻‍♂️ we know those are a joy once dirt gets into them 

View attachment 81711
Looking forward to some first hand reviews and knowledge on this car. 

Broken. Looks like the toe link didn’t have a nut on it, or no cotter pin and was loose. Either way, broken.

Which is why I nut/bolt the Can Am after every trip, especially the rear suspension.

View attachment 81711
If you want to do some welding S3 Powersports has a really nice weld on gusset kit for the lower arms.  CalTech has a much simpler one.   

11 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Always a good idea to check the suspension bolts.  The assembly line misses stuff.  It is interesting they went with ball joint type end for that radius rod. 

Always a good idea to check the suspension bolts.  The assembly line misses stuff.  It is interesting they went with ball joint type end for that radius rod. 
It's technically no different than a front tie rod in function/purpose.  

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

None of these guys seemed really impressed. If I was a can am guy, I think I would just be happy with my X3 and save the money. Kind of bummed after this video. I was expecting more. That chatter did not look fun. My Wildcat XX doesn’t even notice those. 

Also consider this, they were not invited to the pre-ride event and I have read a couple places that they are now sponsored by Polaris. 

None of these guys seemed really impressed. If I was a can am guy, I think I would just be happy with my X3 and save the money. Kind of bummed after this video. I was expecting more. That chatter did not look fun. My Wildcat XX doesn’t even notice those. 
Yep, they didn’t seem to like it much. Who knows how much air they were running, and I have a feeling Sport+ made the chatter worse. :dunno:

Steering looked completely solid, and it took most of the big stuff well. Bummer on casing that one spot. 

NM: it was aired down enough to rub the upright, so definitely not tire pressure. 

Also consider this, they were not invited to the pre-ride event and I have read a couple places that they are now sponsored by Polaris. 
They did mention the Pro R a lot, but then again it’s the primary competitor. They kept complaining about the weight and how big it was, but it’s not like the Pro R is a featherweight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The important take away from the that video is they did not break it.  They aired it out pretty good and it took some good hits with those lower arms.  Those guys usually break something.  

The important take away from the that video is they did not break it.  They aired it out pretty good and it took some good hits with those lower arms.  Those guys usually break something.  
Yeah, and they did say it was meant more for open desert.  I notice that the SxSs in our group can zip through the small dunes better than the buggies (even mine which is lighter than any current SxS), but when it comes to medium and large dunes, no contest.

Yeah, and they did say it was meant more for open desert.  I notice that the SxSs in our group can zip through the small dunes better than the buggies (even mine which is lighter than any current SxS), but when it comes to medium and large dunes, no contest.
SXSs are fun in the small dunes.  

cliffs notes - rugged install, don’t love it but also don’t hate it. 

performance - the car looks stable as hell on an 80+ mph whoops pass. 

I really want to see how the car performs with paddles. 

16 hours ago, Azdunerat said:

People were posting about tire rub issues, it's clearly has small room for wheel bulging...I'm curious what paddles will work without using offset wheels or even a wheel spacer.

People were posting about tire rub issues, it's clearly has small room for wheel bulging...I'm curious what paddles will work without using offset wheels or even a wheel spacer.
Slightly rubbing but causing no visible wear? Meh. Paint everything black and you’ll never know. :biggrin:

Back