The official Honda Thread

Word of caution with powder coating the valve covers. They like to hold a lot of the sand from the sandblaster in the baffles underneath. Seen that happen more than once. 
Best thing to do is remove baffles.

They serve no purpose for offroad and in a rear engine application can trap oil by the breather. 

Anyone have a spare crank sensor laying around? Mine broke last night and dealer wants $380. Asking here before hitting the junkyard 

Anyone have a spare crank sensor laying around? Mine broke last night and dealer wants $380. Asking here before hitting the junkyard 
Yes, try Scotts Honda Salvage in Fort Collins Co.

970-498-0662

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i need to buy a obd2 reader to erase my codes. Which one yall got and what app?

So I ass-u-me there are actually 4 places the coolant by-pass needs to be capped when doing the intake flip.  Please correct me if I'm wrong on these locations.  I should be capping locations 1 & 2 in both of these pictures, right?

On another note the second picture also shows what I came up with for a throttle cable bracket now that the throttle in at the rear of the buggy.

Coolant plug-1.jpg

Coolant plug-2.jpg

The item in your first pic I removed when I did motors. Mine was not flipped as it was a mid engine but in photo you can see where that port on the water cross over is welded up.IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ass-u-me there are actually 4 places the coolant by-pass needs to be capped when doing the intake flip.  Please correct me if I'm wrong on these locations.  I should be capping locations 1 & 2 in both of these pictures, right?

On another note the second picture also shows what I came up with for a throttle cable bracket now that the throttle in at the rear of the buggy.

View attachment 118947

View attachment 118948
I was thinking of switching my J35 to the throttle bracket on this page.

https://www.arizonaperformanceimports.com/parts.html

That is the one in the photo of my motor. Got complete setup with cable mount included.

View attachment 118964

View attachment 118965
I could not tell from the pictures on the API website where the lower bolt was attached, so thank you for the better quality picture. I went ahead and designed my own since I had those two bolt holes in the vicinity.    It looks like that API bracket will only work for intakes that have not been flipped.   I don't know what was originally mounted to those two holes on my J35, maybe a power steering pump??

When I get time I can design and cut another flipped bracket that uses the simpler two bolt clamp for the push pull cable.

I could not tell from the pictures on the API website where the lower bolt was attached, so thank you for the better quality picture. I went ahead and designed my own since I had those two bolt holes in the vicinity.    It looks like that API bracket will only work for intakes that have not been flipped.   I don't know what was originally mounted to those two holes on my J35, maybe a power steering pump??

When I get time I can design and cut another flipped bracket that uses the simpler two bolt clamp for the push pull cable.
Since it mounts to the throttle body, I think it will work on a turned manifold as well.

Since it mounts to the throttle body, I think it will work on a turned manifold as well.
I suppose, but I think without a lower mounting point in addition to those two small bolts on the throttle body, I would be worried they would wiggle loose/strip out with that long of a moment arm acting on them.  I like mine better.  :classic_biggrin:

I suppose, but I think without a lower mounting point in addition to those two small bolts on the throttle body, I would be worried they would wiggle loose/strip out with that long of a moment arm acting on them.  I like mine better.  :classic_biggrin:
No, very solid. It is mounted as designed, to tb only.

No, very solid. It is mounted as designed, to tb only.
OK good. Looking closer now I see that lower third bolt is at the throttle body also.  I thought it was tying into some other location that is only on that side of the engine. So is one or both of the throttle body springs removed?  Can you get a picture of that connection from the top when you get a chance?  My throttle body has a ball stud welded onto the stock outer plate, but it looks like yours is cleaned up some with that bracket & new plate/ball stud.  Thanks.

Back