The official Honda Thread

Whats up guys? Juust wondering if anyone has j35 engine mounts they want to get rid of? I know they are all custom fit but i want them to get me in the ballpark at least. I need the 2 fwd most (nearest to timing belt) I need to add engine support from my cage 

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats up guys? Juust wondering if anyone has j35 engine mounts they want to get rid of? I know they are all custom fit but i want them to get me in the ballpark at least. I need the 2 fwd most (nearest to timing belt) I need to add engine support from my cage 
I used these mounts and my fab guy tied them into my rear cage

https://fullaccessutv.com/honda-parts-store-c-137/honda-v6-products-c-137_140/honda-j-series-v6-motor-mounts-for-30-32-35-j30-j32-j35-p-773.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, whats the j35a4 stock ecu redline?  Or where can i find it

Ok so my motor hits rev limit at 5k ish. I have an equus tach so i will check if the obd2 reads the same or if thw tach is wrong. Regardless anyone ever had their stock ecu hitting rev limit before what it should be?

Ok so my motor hits rev limit at 5k ish. I have an equus tach so i will check if the obd2 reads the same or if thw tach is wrong. Regardless anyone ever had their stock ecu hitting rev limit before what it should be?
Didn't you do this already?

Could your tach be setup for the wrong number of cylinders? Making the count off.

Hi guys, I am in the middle of a Honda J34A4 swap into my buggy this summer.  I am upgrading from an Ecotec 2.2. I got the engine from a running donor buggy with the harness, but I do need to flip the intake to make room for a gas tank.  It looks like I need to remove the fuel rails in order to reach some of the bolts holding the runner in place.  Should those fuel rails just pop up and off of the fuel injectors with a little persuasion?   Just want to make sure there's not something else I should be disconnecting before I put some force on them. Thanks.

Honda V6-2.jpg

Once you get the two bolts out of each rail they should just wiggle off.

Hi guys, I am in the middle of a Honda J34A4 swap into my buggy this summer.  I am upgrading from an Ecotec 2.2. I got the engine from a running donor buggy with the harness, but I do need to flip the intake to make room for a gas tank.  It looks like I need to remove the fuel rails in order to reach some of the bolts holding the runner in place.  Should those fuel rails just pop up and off of the fuel injectors with a little persuasion?   Just want to make sure there's not something else I should be disconnecting before I put some force on them. Thanks.

View attachment 117748
Not positive, but I think that small port at the top of photo needs to be filled otherwise it is a vacuum leak. We stuffed aluminum foil then jb weld over the top to finish. 

When I removed the injectors for cleaning I had to rock the fuel rail side to side away from the injectors. Both were on pretty tight.

Not positive, but I think that small port at the top of photo needs to be filled otherwise it is a vacuum leak. We stuffed aluminum foil then jb weld over the top to finish. 
He'll need to drill a new hole in each rail to line up with the lower plenums too.

Once you get the two bolts out of each rail they should just wiggle off.
OK, thanks. I'm brand new to these Honda motors, so I'm proceeding cautiously.  I have been getting some good info from this thread. 

I was going to plug that plenum while on the table after I take them off and clean them up a bit. 

So the fuel rails will stay facing the same direction, but drill new holes? Plug the old holes? I'm guessing that will be more apparent once I pull them off.

OK, thanks. I'm brand new to these Honda motors, so I'm proceeding cautiously.  I have been getting some good info from this thread. 

I was going to plug that plenum while on the table after I take them off and clean them up a bit. 

So the fuel rails will stay facing the same direction, but drill new holes? Plug the old holes? I'm guessing that will be more apparent once I pull them off.
Yes, rails will stay in location.  The holes I was mentioning are new bolt holes.  One on each rail won't line up.  They are just through holes in a flange on the rail....you'll see.

Back