The official Honda Thread

i saw craig909 posted a video of his baja w/o the top covers on timing belt and that made me want to ask. thanks tho

hey guys i finally fired my j35 up for the first time, it doesnt stay at idle, the rpms go up and down. any suggestions?

hey guys i finally fired my j35 up for the first time, it doesnt stay at idle, the rpms go up and down. any suggestions?
Vacuum leak. Spray some carb cleaner around the top of the manifold and see if any of the plenum cover bolts are loose. Also could be a dirty idle air control valve.

Vacuum leak. Spray some carb cleaner around the top of the manifold and see if any of the plenum cover bolts are loose. Also could be a dirty idle air control valve.
Seems like they all do this after sitting for awhile. Just keep playing with acv and it will get there eventually.

ok so i was pulling air and got that fixed and the idle got fixed and is steady. The thing i am running into now is that i accelerate at the throttle body the car engine stumbles and you have popping noise at exhaust. i dont have an 02 sensor connected yet so i wanted to know what yall think? is it the 02 thats needed? thanks

ok so i was pulling air and got that fixed and the idle got fixed and is steady. The thing i am running into now is that i accelerate at the throttle body the car engine stumbles and you have popping noise at exhaust. i dont have an 02 sensor connected yet so i wanted to know what yall think? is it the 02 thats needed? thanks
I’m no expert but I’ll go out on a limb and say it needs an O2 sensor connected. 

Where was it sucking air?

For you guys running J35 engines 50/50 110/91. Stock long block with intercooler and turbo.  Any advantage to running all 110 or is the 50/50 fine as it?

I always ran one.

IMG_2132.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check fuel pressure. If you rev it slowly does it still sputter?

For you guys running J35 engines 50/50 110/91. Stock long block with intercooler and turbo.  Any advantage to running all 110 or is the 50/50 fine as it?
Sorry, I run E85 with stock block turbo and intercooler.  8 years with zero issues (roughly 180 days of duning.

for the guys that have got their ecu/harness from harvey for their j35, is the o2 sensor necesary?

cuz im an idiot and overlooked it. when i went to see the car lol. honest answer 

Don’t the type S have more of a performance can? Would it be worth it to swap j32 type s heads on a j35a4. 
Yes, and larger valves, but the swap is typically cost prohibitive unless you have both engines.  Guy that have a turbo 32S that popped it will typically go to a 35A3/4 next and put the 32S heads on it.

Back