The official Honda Thread

hey guys im looking at installing the air filter and was looking at options. anyone know where to buy a standoff or something to hold an airfilter to the roll cage?

Question, those of you that have a stock ecu, is it worth it to tune it for a stock j35?  

you cant do anything not even with hondata? so if i swapped my heads for j32 heads i need an aftermarket ecu?

Nope.  It would still run fine with the 3.2 heads.  The ECU is capable of making small adjustments when in closed loop.

The stock ECU works great in N/A motors. Really only need an aftermarket is when going boosted.

ok so is it worth it to go with j32 heads? mind you im getting them super cheap so its not like i will be dropping money that can go to other things

ok yea i have a j35a4 in my baja so its pointless to swap heads i guess huh

does anyone run their j series without the timing belt covers? if so, it doesnt mess it up the sand and dirt?

does anyone run their j series without the timing belt covers? if so, it doesnt mess it up the sand and dirt?
I would highly advise you to always run the covers. You dont want sand in there. Especially with the camp positioning sensor at the top and the crank positioning sensor at the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, an FYI to all J series owners, be very careful when installing the valve cover bolts. They are very fragile and even Honda only calls for about 9LB's of torque. I broke one off and now its costing me a new head. Just FYI

Back