The official Honda Thread

So, the 4k you though it was limiting at wasn't really 4k?

How was the dyno getting a RPM signal?  

Car went back to the tuners yesterday to figure out what was going on and also retune for E85.

Made 437 at the wheels on 7LBS.

Turns out with the AEM my tach was reading incorrectly. Data logs confirmed this.

Spoke with a buddy of mine and his tach did the same thing when he switched over to the AEM ECU.

I have a ticket in with AEM to see how to fix this.
I was told this a few weeks ago when I had mine tuned.  Interested to see what they say about it.

Don't they normally connect the dyno system to the ECU while tuning?  So when watching that compared to the tach they are noticeably off.

Mine was a few hundred RPM off at idle.

Don't they normally connect the dyno system to the ECU while tuning?  So when watching that compared to the tach they are noticeably off.

Mine was a few hundred RPM off at idle.
It's possible the RPM value in the ECU was accurate, but the output to the tack wasn't.  Otherwise, the power numbers would not be correct.

Correct. I watched the Monitor connected to the dyno and saw the RPM's. We also did a quick pull in the parking lot with the laptop hooked up and were able to watch the data log to confirm as well.

The tach is connected to the A19 pin. Not sure what the issue is. Wondering if buying one of those tach adapters would fix this.

Correct. I watched the Monitor connected to the dyno and saw the RPM's. We also did a quick pull in the parking lot with the laptop hooked up and were able to watch the data log to confirm as well.

The tach is connected to the A19 pin. Not sure what the issue is. Wondering if buying one of those tach adapters would fix this.
What is the rev limit set to?

Not sure it's possible with the Series 2 ECU, but I wonder if the number of cylinders tach output is optional versus what is in the tune?  If the tuner selected 8cyl, the tach would be close to 4k when the engine is at 6.

spoke with AEM this morning and it turns out it is a setting within the software.

The series 2 ECU puts out 4 pulses verus the stock of 6.

If anyone needs the screen shot of how to set this up please send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the plenum is blocked and water bypass is capped this hole can be left open?

20221021_124719.jpg

Am i doing something wrong? I think I need a longer hose.

16663869705295192564927651818067.jpg

16663869860344264477062191058398.jpg

Try flipping your fuel rails the other way.
I ended up having to drill new holes to mount the rails to the lower plenum. I gently tweaked the crossover hoses and switched them out. All good now. Got my harness back from API with some other goodies, so im going to try to get it all laid out tomorrow.

1 more question for tonight....... What are you guys doing to block off the air assist holes in the tops of the cylinder heads?

Are you posting under two different names?

I ended up having to drill new holes to mount the rails to the lower plenum. I gently tweaked the crossover hoses and switched them out. All good now. Got my harness back from API with some other goodies, so im going to try to get it all laid out tomorrow.

1 more question for tonight....... What are you guys doing to block off the air assist holes in the tops of the cylinder heads?

The ones on the intake runner?

I used JB weld and it’s going on it’s second season with no issues. 

Back