The official Honda Thread

Well what do you know I need more advice radiator location Iattached is a picture of my baja (don’t laugh too hard) and two ideas I really don’t want to mount it upfront so please a bit of advice again would be great! 

3B9BD062-14A9-4597-9FE4-EF4834464044.jpeg

68C263C3-240F-407A-A4FF-2CFCD5A09BB2.jpeg

F2F42D29-A357-4653-8A69-1639E597B8AB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put it above the engine.  Flat or slightly angled.  Similar, but opposite of the middle pic.  Fan on the bottom.

Morning Honda gurus.

I need some help. I have a J32A with a turbo.

All of a sudden it won’t rev over the 3,000 rpm range. Seems like its hitting a rev limiter.

Everything appears to be plugged in.

The motor runs completely normal under this rpm range.

At this point I’m stumped?

Anyone here ever experience something similar?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Morning Honda gurus.

All of a sudden it won’t rev over the 3,000 rpm range. Seems like its hitting a rev limiter.

Thanks.
Start with checking codes.   2500-3k could be something like the crank sensor not plugged in all the way.

Morning Honda gurus.

Thanks.
Also, your VTec oil pressure screen could be clogged as well.

I wish I could read the codes.

There is no OBD port on the wire harness.

I can check the VTec oil pressure screen tonight.

I wish I could read the codes.

There is no OBD port on the wire harness.

I can check the VTec oil pressure screen tonight.
Yes, dealt with similar situation this weekend with son's motor. It was crank sensor wire. As soon as I touched it motor stopped. We played with it and plug, retied it and fixed.

Okay. Can you be a little more specific?

Was it the wire, the plug or the sensor that was the problem?

The crank sensors on these things are under the belt covers correct?

Okay. Can you be a little more specific?

Was it the wire, the plug or the sensor that was the problem?

The crank sensors on these things are under the belt covers correct?
On his it was the wire. Motor would start and rev to a point, then crap out and miss. Then motor would go into limp mode. Seemed the wire had something it didn't like and as soon as it was moved just a tiny bit all was well. Didn't want to tear down in the sand so now back home we can investigate more.

Add, we did clear codes after motor would go into limp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. That sounds like the pretty much same problem.

I have a couple of things to try/check. Thank you guys.

Few pictures of my J35 turbo car. 06 Wuerth car. 

Last offseason, changed it from a 091 to a 2D and did the turbo set up. 

We made a new lower engine cage as well to accommodate the new trans. 

happy with how it performs! 

BD3ACAFE-0A25-47BF-A4E3-4AB27503E4A7.jpeg

AEB8C8EB-F401-40F0-A064-03808DF755D9.jpeg

22A576F4-BDB0-4C35-8E29-F2A09E8AD8A5.jpeg

F36D822E-FE2C-4CF8-A682-9251633423A4.jpeg

Great Gurus, 

I am back with another great question does the radiator line with the thermostat go to the bottom Or top of the radiator?

I've been told I have a Honda 3.5 how do I tell and who is the Honda go to guy in Vegas 

20220220_104019_HDR.jpg

Thanks for all the information already on here. Saved a few posts for reference. Is there a separate thread for flipping the intake. It was made to sound as easy as unbolting and flipping it, but thats obviously not the case. I just picked up a J35a4 for my baja. I've got my 2D and ordered my Kenedy adapter and clutch kit today.

Thanks for all the information already on here. Saved a few posts for reference. Is there a separate thread for flipping the intake. It was made to sound as easy as unbolting and flipping it, but thats obviously not the case. I just picked up a J35a4 for my baja. I've got my 2D and ordered my Kenedy adapter and clutch kit today.
There is not a separate thread on how to do it, but I can walk you through it as I did mine a couple of seasons ago. 

For the most part it is just unbolting everything then moving it, but there are a couple holes that will need to be plugged but that is easy with some JB weld or if you a welder. Can be done in a couple of hours.

There is not a separate thread on how to do it, but I can walk you through it as I did mine a couple of seasons ago. 

For the most part it is just unbolting everything then moving it, but there are a couple holes that will need to be plugged but that is easy with some JB weld or if you a welder. Can be done in a couple of hours.
I'd appreciate it 

Back