The official Honda Thread

Great Honda gurus I have a mini Tec harness and I would love to finally see if this thing will work but I am fully incompetent when it comes to wiring attached is the paper that came with the harness I just want to know which things I need to connect just to get the motor started if anyone can make an explanation retard proof I would appreciate it I wish it was just attach a power and a ground because that’s about my knowledge on wiring.. 

E681B033-0807-4407-B30E-B9CB79B642CC.jpeg

Great Honda gurus I have a mini Tec harness and I would love to finally see if this thing will work but I am fully incompetent when it comes to wiring attached is the paper that came with the harness I just want to know which things I need to connect just to get the motor started if anyone can make an explanation retard proof I would appreciate it I wish it was just attach a power and a ground because that’s about my knowledge on wiring.. 

View attachment 21027
Power to pin K will get it to start.  Assuming your fuel pump relay is wired to ignition on.

I have ARP j35 head stud kits in stock, these are hard to get and took me 6 months to get

$330 a set

Had an issue start Saturday on return drive to south dunes. Motor would stumble and act like it was going to stop when it was cruising at 3000 rpm's. Below this it was fine, above it was fine. Under a load like accelerating, it was fine. It only happened at 3k while cruising. I know, just don't drive at that speed, fixed, but was curious what you would point at as a possible culprit.

Had an issue start Saturday on return drive to south dunes. Motor would stumble and act like it was going to stop when it was cruising at 3000 rpm's. Below this it was fine, above it was fine. Under a load like accelerating, it was fine. It only happened at 3k while cruising. I know, just don't drive at that speed, fixed, but was curious what you would point at as a possible culprit.
Sounds like limp mode, run a scanner and post the codes

What weight oil are you guys running in your turbo Hondas? I have a J35 running 5lbs of boost with an intercooler and even when the engine water temp is low (185-200) but I’ve been running the car on a long run so oil is hot, the oil pressure drops uncomfortably low at an idle (5-10lbs?). At 3000 RPMs it’s back up above 25lbs. I’m running a synthetic 10W-30 in it now. Curious if I should be running like a straight 40 weight like in my stroker V8 car (CBM recommended for that motor) or something thicker like that? 

What weight oil are you guys running in your turbo Hondas? I have a J35 running 5lbs of boost with an intercooler and even when the engine water temp is low (185-200) but I’ve been running the car on a long run so oil is hot, the oil pressure drops uncomfortably low at an idle (5-10lbs?). At 3000 RPMs it’s back up above 25lbs. I’m running a synthetic 10W-30 in it now. Curious if I should be running like a straight 40 weight like in my stroker V8 car (CBM recommended for that motor) or something thicker like that? 
My oil pressure never was below 20psi at idle after a hard run. I used to run Mobil 5w30 but then just ran delo. But oil pressure never really changed with the different oil weights.  8lbs of boost stock motor. 

So I had the misfire codes for cyl 1-6, 301-306. And also 141, which I show as 02 heater issue. Possible 02 sensor?
Strange you would misfire codes for all 6.  Fuel filter clean?

That is for the secondary O2, which you're not running

Strange you would misfire codes for all 6.  Fuel filter clean?

That is for the secondary O2, which you're not running
Just changed my filters last weekend..................amazing how fast they get dirty, especially with E85

filters.jpg

So I had the misfire codes for cyl 1-6, 301-306. And also 141, which I show as 02 heater issue. Possible 02 sensor?
Check your valve adjustment. Mine was way off and threw all the codes as well. Plus Vtec would act strange or not engage at all.

Great Honda gurus another newb question for you.. do I need to ground the ecm itself to the body by bolting it to metal and the big question is how do i tie the baja charging system into the j35? Thank you so much for the help and your patience I might actually be on the road at some point thanks to all of you!

Great Honda gurus another newb question for you.. do I need to ground the ecm itself to the body by bolting it to metal and the big question is how do i tie the baja charging system into the j35? Thank you so much for the help and your patience I might actually be on the road at some point thanks to all of you!
The ecu is grounded through the harness.  The harness will also excite the alternator.  All you need to to wire  a heavy gauge wire to the battery.

It’s alive!!!!!! Started right up! Now just have to do cooling system and figure something out for throttle linkage. Any recommendations on throttle linkage

What would you think a full uncut engine wire harness for a J35A4 would be worth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back