Supercross/Outdoor Motorcross

Roczen seems to have lost his will to win after getting married and having a kid. The championship was all but his last year and he just let it slip away and didn't seem to care. With that said I predict he will take A2 

Heard Craig had a practice crash. I dont go on twitter. Youtube has this little clip. They show the crash in the beginning and at the end. 

Two whoop sections! Last guy to win on Two whoop sections?? Peace
They got rid of a whoop section. Not sure why. 

Hell i think the whoops are kind of dumb. Dangerous for the riders. I like watching them rail turns and scrub jumps. Going by what the announcers say i think you would have completely different champions if the whoop section was gone. 

If you are fast at whoops. But slower everywhere else on the track. Are you really the fastest guy in SX? I would say no. While the results would sometimes say yes. 

They got rid of a whoop section. Not sure why. 

Hell i think the whoops are kind of dumb. Dangerous for the riders. I like watching them rail turns and scrub jumps. Going by what the announcers say i think you would have completely different champions if the whoop section was gone. 

If you are fast at whoops. But slower everywhere else on the track. Are you really the fastest guy in SX? I would say no. While the results would sometimes say yes. 
I disagree, whoops weed out many riders.  I think they should run two sets of whoops, like they did back in the day.  Fast in the whoops doesn't make you the fastest in sx but it does allow for many passing opportunities.  Rhythm sections are fun to watch but the tracks need all aspects to get the most rounded riders on the box.   Oh yeah, heading to the big A in a few hours!   

Seems like it weeds out the bike more than the rider. They setup the bike to make it through whoops and then it suffers on the rest of the track. Didnt Ricky say something about that during the broadcast? The guys will setup the bike for the whoops and then just deal with how it handles the rest of the track. Might see better racing and more passes if people could setup the bike to turn. 

Also brings up how can someone like the 722 be competitive in the whoops on his bike compared to say Andersons bike? 

Seems like it weeds out the bike more than the rider. They setup the bike to make it through whoops and then it suffers on the rest of the track. Didnt Ricky say something about that during the broadcast? The guys will setup the bike for the whoops and then just deal with how it handles the rest of the track. Might see better racing and more passes if people could setup the bike to turn. 

Also brings up how can someone like the 722 be competitive in the whoops on his bike compared to say Andersons bike? 
I hear you, but if you want a great rider to win, variety is needed.   I feel it wouldn't be the same if say, you just have a turn track and setup the bike for turning, or a full track of nothing but whoops and set it up for whoops.  A track with variety will allow the more talented riders to show how they can adapt despite having the bike setup for one aspect of the track.  Kinda like how I prefer riding in hard pack vs. sand.  I could set my bike up for the dunes and it would handle great but when I ride in the desert I have to be able to ride, rocks, dirt, sand, etc. and adapt to the conditions.    

(video is from last weeks race in San Diego)

Looks like Mosiman had something for the confessional booth last sunday. 

Don't look illegal to me. Great job I think. Peace

Same video at 11:40 Jalek Swoll says a hose got loose and was splashing him with gasoline. 

Are all these bikes fuel injected? Maybe it was a return line? Not very familiar at all with the new bikes. Even an old school regular breather hose wouldnt splash you with gas if missing.

edit: Check out Shimoda at the 13min mark!! Took a hit to his face. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to the races this weekend for the first time since all the nonsense has started.... Super pumped, and my wife is even more excited! We would always take a Monster can (picked up from whatever job site I happen to be on that week) and get in the pits and practice for free. Can we confirm that that is still a thing this year!? I dont like the Tipple Crown format, but can not wait to see some live racing again. Eliiiiiiiii

Heading to the races this weekend for the first time since all the nonsense has started.... Super pumped, and my wife is even more excited! We would always take a Monster can (picked up from whatever job site I happen to be on that week) and get in the pits and practice for free. Can we confirm that that is still a thing this year!? I dont like the Tipple Crown format, but can not wait to see some live racing again. Eliiiiiiiii
yes the Monster will get you into the fan zone, have fun

Back