Stoddard Wells Hit and Run

The unfortunate part is, the kids were apparently told no and they went anyways because, we kids do dumb chit sometimes... 
As a parent, your job is to be 10 steps ahead of your kids. If you are an active parent in your kids lives, you know what they are thinking. If your kid is good at not listening, than be proactive. When the sun went down, the toys are locked up. When the kids ride, I’m with them. I took the class with my son and my nieces and nephews. I have the card to watch the kids. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve made mistakes, but what these parents did was pure neglect. I feel bad for them because this will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Please guys learn from this. When your family is with you, the family comes first.

Already out on bail. California's criminal justice system is a joke.

View attachment 37284
The bail was set by one of your lovely judges (judges get voted in).  Bail was made. Accused goes free.  That's how it works.

The accused are still allotted their rights.  They are accused, not guilty.  The 6th amendment is in place for a reason...you remember the rule. Inset until PROVEN guilty.

We are not in a place in society to gather pitchforks gentlemen..

As much as many of you would like to hang him.  He is do his day in court.

Evidence will be presented.. he may be under arrest, but he is yet to be charged.

At this point EVERY single bit of the incident is hearsay, and assumption. 

I AM NOT DEFENDING MR. GALINDO

Last edited by a moderator:
The unfortunate part is, the kids were apparently told no and they went anyways because, we kids do dumb chit sometimes... 
That has nothing to do with anything for kids that young,  That is like saying, dont point that loaded gun at your sister, 

The parents like stated in other post, should have seen them leave, or hear them leave, take away the keys, 

As a parent, your job is to be 10 steps ahead of your kids

The parents like stated in other post, should have seen them leave, or hear them leave, take away the keys
This is especially important if you are around children or have children that have a history of, not listen to their parents. Of my 4 grandchildren, I know there is one who requires and receives extra attention.

I guess I’m the only one that locks bikes up at night. I’m sure the parents couldn’t hear them leave on an ATV either. 
Obviously the parents couldn’t have predicted some douche bag running them over and leaving them for dead. 

kids do dumb chit and so do parents. 

Nobody is perfect and these parents have to live with that I can’t imagine the guilt they have, I feel for them. 

I hope us parents learn from this and keep a close eye on our little ones. 
I don't disagree at all, I lock our junk up too...

That has nothing to do with anything for kids that young,  That is like saying, dont point that loaded gun at your sister, 

The parents like stated in other post, should have seen them leave, or hear them leave, take away the keys, 
I'm not excusing anything here, like I said to BLD, we lock our crap up after hours too... my point was that kids to stupid chit because, well, they're kids. Have your kids never made mistakes or done something you told them not to? I have 2 that are 15 years apart and as hard as I try to steer them in the right direction, sometimes they have to learn the hard way. The unfortunate thing here is that they'll never get another chance.

The bail was set by one of your lovely judges (judges get voted in).  Bail was made. Accused goes free.  That's how it works.

The accused are still allotted their rights.  They are accused, not guilty.  The 6th amendment is in place for a reason...you remember the rule. Inset until PROVEN guilty.

We are not in a place in society to gather pitchforks gentlemen..

As much as many of you would like to hang him.  He is do his day in court.

Evidence will be presented.. he may be under arrest, but he is yet to be charged.

At this point EVERY single bit of the incident is hearsay, and assumption. 

I AM NOT DEFENDING MR. GALINDO
He is due his day in court, but after running and hiding for a week or better should have IMHO been remanded into custody till that date.

Just for the sake of debate and thinking about stuff maybe it would solve 2 battles in his head. 

He has intense guilt so he turns himself in. 

He realizes jail dont sound fun so he runs to Mex. 

In a way both could be true. Super sad stuff ive been in the position where i didnt like where kids were playing. Try to voice my opinion but sometimes you aint in charge. All you can do is be thankful for today and try to be safer in the future. 

Thank you 

Thank you 

Yes this is correct for Lawyers, But at the end of the day, basically how they handled it, they have no humanity.  whoever is at fault is besides the point, They are two people that could have changed the outcome,  and the decision they made left two children dead, 

How would anyone feel if you kids where laying there hurt, and people drove by or felt it was not there responsibility, 

I hate SXS's but if i see someone hurt or needs help in the dunes, i dont turn my head away from situation.  

If you look past the fault and pointing fingers, They left, and the way they left, pretty sure the driver and the passenger was fully aware of what happened, 
Agree.  We've helped a number of SxSs, alone, with no tools, tow straps or spare belt.  I've helped people who've crashed during the warm day who didn't think to bring warm clothing in the event they're stuck until nightfall.  

I've also given some of them an extra large steaming helping of chit after helping them if this was something they could've taken care of on their own.  My favorite was one SxS loaded with 36 beers (plus another dozen in the cooler), but no spare belt, no tools, no tow strap.  Just beer.  LOL.

In the end: chit happens.  Plan for the worst, in this sport, it's likely to bite you.  I've learned from this thread, as I'm sure many other parents have.

've also given some of them an extra large steaming helping of chit after helping them if this was something they could've taken care of on their own.  My favorite was one SxS loaded with 36 beers (plus another dozen in the cooler), but no spare belt, no tools, no tow strap.  Just beer.  LOL.
and when you got done the SXS had 3 beers left...that'll teach em....

Agree.  We've helped a number of SxSs, alone, with no tools, tow straps or spare belt.  I've helped people who've crashed during the warm day who didn't think to bring warm clothing in the event they're stuck until nightfall.  

I've also given some of them an extra large steaming helping of chit after helping them if this was something they could've taken care of on their own.  My favorite was one SxS loaded with 36 beers (plus another dozen in the cooler), but no spare belt, no tools, no tow strap.  Just beer.  LOL.

In the end: chit happens.  Plan for the worst, in this sport, it's likely to bite you.  I've learned from this thread, as I'm sure many other parents have.
I don't see the problem.

Beer can be used as currency, hydration, pain reliever, has nutritional value, and can help you forget about how much of an idiot you are for not bringing tools and spares. 

I don't see the problem.

Beer can be used as currency, hydration, pain reliever, has nutritional value, and can help you forget about how much of an idiot you are for not bringing tools and spares. 

I don't see the problem.

The amount of knowledge here is amazing. Where else can you find this kind of valuable information?? Note to self- PACK EXTRA BEER!!! ✅ 🤪 

Back